Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2023, 06:35 AM

4,729 posts, read 1,273,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
The future age you write of is here/ Christ came to save us from our SINS. You don't have to Sin if you do not want to SIN.

Mat 1:21* And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.*
Thats verse is about the elect that Jesus came to exclusively save, His People.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 06:40 AM

14,946 posts, read 17,296,624 times
Quote:
The future age you write of is here/ Christ came to save us from our SINS. You don't have to Sin if you do not want to SIN.

Mat 1:21* And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.*
Hi WalkintheLight, the apostle Paul speaks of the ages to come. There will come a time when all are reunited in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1. This is a future event. We do not yet see all things in subjection to Him.

Yes, Jesus came to save us from sin. Believers are no longer slaves to sin but we do sin. I believe that we are not perfect yet, as we struggle with the flesh we are being transformed into His image. It is an ongoing process. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1 God bless.

Old 03-07-2023, 06:59 AM

Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the World.

He came to the Jewish people first.

He died for all people.

He will draw all people to Himself.

Scriptures

1 John 4:14
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and he -- he is a propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world,
Young’s Literal

John 12
30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up[g] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Hebrews 1
1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 [a]in these last days has spoken to us [b]in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom He also made the [c]world. (ages)

Romans 8
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [n]in **hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only that, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons and daughters, the redemption of our body. NASB

** hope=elpis=expectation, confidence

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-07-2023 at 07:19 AM..

Old 03-07-2023, 09:21 AM

‘Ask it of Me, and I will certainly give the nations as Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth as Your possession .NASB

Old 03-07-2023, 01:02 PM

shana brown

Quote:
He died for all people.
So then why are those He died for as you say, have the wrath of God abiding on them Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:14 PM

660 posts, read 264,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
‘Ask it of Me, and I will certainly give the nations as Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth as Your possession .NASB
Yes, all ends of the earth are the Lord's possession, all the souls that He has made are His. And all nations will be blessed

Isaiah 57:16 "For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made."

God will save all souls He has made. The Spirit of God will not fail, it is love, love never fails 1 Cor 13:8, therefore the Holy Spirit will dwell inside all people because everyone will become believers in Christ and be washed of all their sins, all souls made clean to go to the heavens to be in the presence of the Lord <3

Old 03-07-2023, 01:21 PM

660 posts, read 264,869 times
Veganism or Vegetarianism does not save us, it is only faith alone in Jesus Christ. We must simply believe in Christ Jesus and we will be saved, that is guaranteed. And everyone will thus become believers in Christ through this way and be saved as well.

Everyone in the world will be saved by believing in Christ with faith alone, whether or not they are vegan or vegetarian doesn’t matter in terms of salvation.

First, here are the definitions.

Veganism = Abstaining from eating all animal products, like fish.

Vegetarianism = Eating only vegetables, legumes, nuts, fruits

Today, a person came to me and asked if Jesus was vegan.

Luke 24:42-43 They gave Him [Jesus] a piece of broiled fish, 43 and He [Jesus] took it and ate it in their presence.

This verse shows that Jesus was not vegan, because He ate fish. Vegans do not eat fish. Thus Jesus is not a vegan.

Luke 22:8-15 Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.”

9 “Where do you want us to prepare for it?” they asked.

10 He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 12 He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.”

13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.

These verses demonstrate that Jesus ate a Passover feast. Exodus 12 reveals what this Passover feast contains.

Exodus 12:1-4 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat.

Thus, Jesus was not a Vegetarian either, because Vegetarians would not eat an animal, and here Jesus ate an animal, the Lamb.

The important thing here is that everyone in the family is eating the lamb. The lamb here is symbolic for having faith alone in Christ. And thus everyone in the family having faith alone in Christ and being saved. We are all descendants of Adam, and are all thus God’s creation. We will all come into the family of the Lord, because we will all, symbolically, eat from the Passover lamb. This can be seen with the emphasis on sharing the lamb, where households will give part of the lamb to the neighbor and there’s accounting done for how much each person receives of the lamb. This is a symbolic reference to Christian Universalism. Where, like in the Plagues of Egypt, everyone was protected by the Lamb’s blood, which is symbolic for everyone believing in Christ Jesus with faith alone eventually and having all their sins, the wages of which being death, and the Plagues of Egypt caused death, being washed away through faith only in Jesus Christ.

Jesus also fed crowds with fish and bread.

1 Corinthians 8:8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do

Food is sustenance, it helps us to stay alive biologically. But what truly keeps us alive is faith alone in Jesus Christ, that’s what gives us permanent life and saves us from death. And thus everyone will become free from death because all will trust in Christ and be made alive. Amen.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
So then why are those He died for as you say, have the wrath of God abiding on them Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
The scriptures say that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.

2 and he -- he is a propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world,
Young’s Literal

John 3
34 for he whom God sent, the sayings of God he speaketh; for not by measure doth God give the Spirit;
35 the Father doth love the Son, and all things hath given into his hand;
36 he who is believing in the Son, hath life age-during; and he who is not believing the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God doth remain upon him. Young’s Literal

In speaking to his disciples, John the Baptist says that whoever is believing in God’s Son has life age-during. This is the life that God gives believers during the ages. Those who are not believing will not have this life but the wrath of God remains upon him.

As I have shared in many posts, many will be lost, enslaved to sin, excluded from the life of God, will not have a relationship with God, will experience the judgments of God, will suffer outer darkness, tribulation, the wrath of God, will experience the Lake of Fire, the second death. This is confined to the ages. .

At the end of the ages
, all will be made alive in Jesus Christ. God will restore all, reunite all things in Christ Jesus, become all in all. Ephesians 1, 1 Corinthians 15.

Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the World. All do not experience salvation at the same time. Believers, the elect, the saints, the sons of God, the first fruits experience salvation first. The rest come later. All will not remain unbelievers forever, because the scriptures tell us the one day everyone will confess Him and swear allegiance to Him.

Why do you think that God sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world, if the majority are doomed from the beginning, having no hope of salvation? That is a contradiction.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-07-2023 at 05:03 PM..

Old 03-07-2023, 07:23 PM

Thank you for sharing about the significance of the Passover feast, HSong. God bless.

Old 03-08-2023, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
The scriptures say that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.

Young’s Literal

John 3
34 for he whom God sent, the sayings of God he speaketh; for not by measure doth God give the Spirit;
35 the Father doth love the Son, and all things hath given into his hand;
36 he who is believing in the Son, hath life age-during; and he who is not believing the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God doth remain upon him. Young’s Literal

In speaking to his disciples, John the Baptist says that whoever is believing in God’s Son has life age-during. This is the life that God gives believers during the ages. Those who are not believing will not have this life but the wrath of God remains upon him.

As I have shared in many posts, many will be lost, enslaved to sin, excluded from the life of God, will not have a relationship with God, will experience the judgments of God, will suffer outer darkness, tribulation, the wrath of God, will experience the Lake of Fire, the second death. This is confined to the ages. .

At the end of the ages
, all will be made alive in Jesus Christ. God will restore all, reunite all things in Christ Jesus, become all in all. Ephesians 1, 1 Corinthians 15.

Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the World. All do not experience salvation at the same time. Believers, the elect, the saints, the sons of God, the first fruits experience salvation first. The rest come later. All will not remain unbelievers forever, because the scriptures tell us the one day everyone will confess Him and swear allegiance to Him.

Why do you think that God sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world, if the majority are doomed from the beginning, having no hope of salvation? That is a contradiction.

God bless.
You dodged the question, you cant answer it, maybe some of your more experience teachers can help you out.

If you say some are under Gods wrath for whom Christ died, thats to say Christs death did them no good, for its impossible for anyone for whom Christ died to be under Gods wrath at anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity