Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2023, 05:04 AM

14,960 posts, read 17,301,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth1864 View Post
it says He loved the WORLD..thats the aggregate of humaity , the totality of people not the earth clay and rocks
Yes. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth1864 View Post
To take on an ECT interpretation forces one into a dualism of good and evil that exists for all eternity. This creates serious problems for 1 Cor. 15 and Christ’ destruction of the final enemy namely “Death”.

In addition punishment in the world to come in the NT not only is described exclusively as 'aionios' (long or age lasting,something that lasts as long as it lasts) and never in the more strict philosophical term 'aidios' (eternal), but is invariably indicated by 'kolasis '(chastisement, correction) and never by 'timoria' (harsh severe retributive punishment).

In Jude 7 the fire that consumed Sodom is declared to be an example of the 'aionios' fire This cannot mean “eternal fire,” given that the fire that consumed Sodom and Gomorrah did not burn eternally, but it lasted only very little time, temporarly.

The point is that it was not the fire of this world; rather, it was that of the other world, sent by God to destroy evil not to torment / torture.
Yes, the fire of God, destroys all sin and evil. The fire that destroyed Sodom is not burning Sodom now and what Sodom once was has been destroyed. Sodom is to be returned to its former estate. Ezekiel 16:55. God destroys the evil and bring restoration after just as He destroys the old man in each of us to make a qualitatively new creation. God bless.

Old 05-27-2023, 08:43 AM

It is another beautiful day in NC, a little chilly and cloudy and a beautiful day to meditate on the blessings of God. It is a blessing to know that our salvation rests in the hands of our Maker, that He is not deterred by man's imperfect free will, but that He works all things according to His Sovereign will. This realization that God's will will actually be done on earth as it is in heaven seems foreign to many as they believe that God does not interfere with man's blind so called free will. But the subjection of all to God in the end, tells us that God's will, will be done in the end. Jesus is able to remove all binders and blinders and draw all mankind to Himself, defeating the god of this age and death in the end. Spiritual and physical death will be dissolved, abolished, made of no effect in the end. Death is destroyed by giving Life. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

"Death, after all, is an enemy to God. But, the reason death will be destroyed is stated in the next sentence, "for he has placed everything under his feet." (hupotasso) The word "hupotasso" appears within 32 verses of the Bible and it is never, not even once, translated to mean anything other than being placed under obedience to greater will.

The word in these contexts: James 4:7,1 Pet 5:5, 1 Cor 14:32, 1 Cor 16:16, 1 Pet 3:22.

So, the reason death will be destroyed because Jesus will bring death itself, along with every other enemy, fully under subjugation to him, and thereby dissolve death's power completely. What happens to death when man becomes obedient to God? It goes away. Then, all that remains is LIFE...

Then the most beautiful culmination of all the work Jesus does - making all who were dead in Adam alive "in Christ," subjecting all enemies to his will-is this: he hands the kingdom over to God to be ALL in ALL. " Seth Tipton

Hallelujah! Praise God.

God bless.

Old 05-27-2023, 09:38 AM

By L. Ray Smith
BRIMSTONE IN THE LAKE OF FIRE
What is brimstone anyway? Everything in the book of Revelation is "signified" (SYMBOLIZED). We know that there is literal fire and there is spiritual fire; and there is literal brimstone, but is there also spiritual brimstone? Ask any nominal Christian why there is brimstone in the lake of fire, and he will probably tell you that it is there to make the fire hotter and more painful. Oh really? Is there something about brimstone that is caustic to the skin that would cause great pain? Does brimstone somehow cause fire to burn hotter and hotter? Does brimstone make the flesh hotter? Or is it corrosive material that eats away at the skin and flesh thus causing even more intense insane pain. The very sound of the word brimstone has come to represent something Satanic. Nothing could be further or diametric opposite from reality. For those of you who have never learned the meaning and derivation of the word "brimstone," you are in for a real shock.
Look up the word "brimstone" in any dictionary and you will find it defined as "sulfur." Brimstone is sulfur. What then are the properties and uses of sulfur? I have known the Scriptural meaning and uses of sulfur for years, but I had never looked up the word sulfur in my Encyclopedia Britannica before-what a revelation.
SOME PROPERTIES OF SULFUR
"It is often called brimstone (burning stone) and ignited sulfur is mentioned in the earlier records of many countries as having been used for religious ceremonies, for PURIFYING (fumigating) buildings and for bleaching cloth" (Encyclopedia Britannica, page 536d).
Gee, I wonder if spiritual brimstone might be used to PURIFY and fumigate people and bleach their darkened hearts to a bright white? Under the caption: "Methods of Production-Ancient producers described their method of obtaining sulfur from its ore as PURIFICATION BY FIRE" (Page 537a). (All caps emphasis is mine).
"Purification by fire." That sounds very Biblical. Does God "purify" good and wonderful things by "fire?" Yes, He does: The WORDS of the Lord are pure words: as silver [silver? Isn't the silver qualities of our character also tried in 'fire,' I Cor. 3:12-13?] tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times" (Psalm 12:6).
Now we all know that the very "words" of God are not burned in a literal fire. But "AS" silver is tried in literal fire, so SPIRITUALLY God's words are tried in spiritual fire.
But surely, according to what we have been told by doomsday prophets of eternal hell, sulfur must cause great torturing pain when brought into contact with human skin, and wouldn't the smell alone be enough to suffocate all in its presence? Continuing: "Physical Properties-Sulfur is TASTELESS and ODORLESS. IT HAS NO ACTION ON THE SKIN" (Page 537d)!
So maybe it's just the heat that is intensified by the use of sulfur, and that is its purpose in the lake of fire-to increase the intensity of the fire's heat to cause more insane pain? Continuing: "Physical Properties-Sulfur is A POOR CONDUCTOR OF BOTH HEAT and electricity..." (Page 538a)! Imagine that-a POOR CONDUCTOR OF HEAT! Theoretically, if God were to put enough brimstone into the lake of fire it would protect those in the fire like an asbestos suit! Is anyone beginning to see the sheer folly in the church's teaching that the lake of fire and brimstone are literal? I sure hope so.
NO, brimstone is not the demon of hell fire that it has been portrayed. Sulfur rather has hundreds and hundreds of beneficial uses (my Twentieth Century Dictionary says, 'innumerable uses') not the least of which are purification and medicines. But wait, there's more. Why do we find sulfur in the lake of fire? If it serves no detrimental purpose, is it possible that it serves a beneficial purpose? I think that we can all agree that the Bible uses the word "fire" in a figurative way on many occasions. I am certain that none would consider the following verses as using fire in a literal way:
SCRIPTURAL USE OF FIGURATIVE FIRE
"His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were as a flame of FIRE" (Rev. 1:14).
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes though it be tarried with FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).
"And the tongue is a FIRE..." (James 3:6).
"And of the angels He says, Who makes His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of FIRE" (Heb. 1:7).
"Every man's work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by FIRE; and the FIRE shall try every man's work of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3:13).
"For our God is a consuming FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).
"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing you shall heap coals of FIRE on his head" (Rom. 12:20).
"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I comes, the latchet of Whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with FIRE"
(Luke 3:16).
"For EVERY ONE shall be salted with FIRE, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt" (Mark 9:49).
"But who may abide the day of His coming? And who shall stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's FIRE, and like fullers' soap" (Malachi 3:2).
"...for all the earth shall be devoured with the FIRE of my jealousy"
(Zeph. 3:8).
"For in My jealousy and in the FIRE of My wrath have I spoken"
(Ezek. 38;19).
"From above has He sent FIRE into my bones..." (Lamentations 1:13).
"Is not My word like as a FIRE? saith the Lord" (Jer. 23:29).
"Who makes His angels spirits; His ministers a flaming FIRE"
(Psalm 104:4).

FB R. Longva

God bless

Old 05-27-2023, 09:52 AM

Jesus died for every person that has lived, is living, and will live.

He was sent to be the Savior of the world.

Scriptures for reference for anyone interested.

The Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.” (1 John 4:14)

Jesus is “the Christ, the Savior of the world.” (John 4:42)

“This is good and acceptable in the sight of our God our saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” (1 Tim. 2:3-6, KJV)

Jesus “is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.” (1 John 2:2)

Jesus “did not come to judge the world but to save the WORLD.” (John 12:47)

33 For the bread of God is [i]that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” (John 6:33)

31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” John 12:31-32

“Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for EVERYONE.” (Heb. 2:9)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 [a]He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [b]comprehend it.
6 There [c]came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 [d]He came [e]as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 [f]He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.
9 There was the true Light [g]which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. John 1:1-9

God is “gracious in ALL His works.” (Psalm 145:17)

“The EARTH is the Lord’s and ALL its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.” (Psalm 24:1)

“ALL the kings of the earth shall praise you, 0 Lord, when they hear the words of your mouth.” (Psalm 138:4)

God “reveals Himself by those who did not ask for Him: He was found by those who did not seek Him.” (Isaiah 65:1)

“The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to ALL, and His tender mercies are over ALL His works. ALL your works shall praise you, 0 Lord.” (Psalm 145:8-10)

“ALL the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and ALL the families of the nations shall worship before You. ALL those who go down to the dust (death) shall bow before You.” (Psalm 22:27, 29)

“0 You Who hear prayer, to you ALL flesh will come. Iniquities prevail against me; as for our transgressions, you will provide atonement for them.” (Psalm 65:2-4)

“There is no God besides Me, a just God and Savior; There is none besides Me. Look to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself; the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath. He shall say, surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength. To Him men shall come, and all shall be ashamed who are incensed against Him. In the Lord ALL the descendants of Israel shall be justified and shall glory.” (Isaiah 45:21-25)

6 And made hath Jehovah of Hosts, For all the peoples in this mount, A banquet of fat things, a banquet of preserved things, Fat things full of marrow, preserved things refined.
7 And swallowed up hath He in this mountain The face of the wrapping that is wrapped over all the peoples, And of the covering that is spread over all the nations.
8 He hath swallowed up death in victory, And wiped hath the Lord Jehovah, The tear from off all faces, And the reproach of His people He turneth aside from off all the earth, For Jehovah hath spoken. (Isaiah 25) Young's Literal

“ALL the nations of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen. 18:18)

“ALL the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen. 12:3, 28:14)

“It shall come to pass the saying that is written: `death is swallowed up in victory. Oh, Death, where is your sting Oh, Hell (Hades) where is your victory.’ The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Cor. 15:54-58)

Of those who crucified Him (which is all of us) Jesus declared: “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34)

“This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Savior of ALL MEN, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach.” (1 Tim. 4:9-11)

Our God is a consuming fire who will destroy all evil and sin so that He may be all in all.

Love conquers all.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-27-2023 at 10:16 AM..

Old 05-27-2023, 10:48 AM

The Death of Death
Light dispels darkness.
Life destroys death.

When Adam sinned spiritual and physical death came as a result on his descendants and all creation was affected. We walk in darkness if we do not walk in the light.

Mark 7

14 And he called the people to him again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand: 15 There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.”[a] 17 And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. 18 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, 19 since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”[b] (Thus he declared all foods clean.) 20 And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. 21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

heart=kardia=kardia: heart
Original Word: καρδία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: kardia
Phonetic Spelling: (kar-dee'-ah)
Definition: heart
Usage: lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.
HELPS Word-studies
2588 kardía – heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference (volitional desire, choice; see P. Hughs, 2 Cor, 354); "desire-producer that makes us tick" (G. Archer), i.e our "desire-decisions" that establish who we re

It is not what we put physically inside of us that defiles us spiritually. It is what comes out of our hearts. If we are not believers and do not have God's Spirit living within us, we are living according to the sinful man, the carnal mind, the fleshly man, darkness. If we are walking a life of sin, we are corrupt, and spiritually dead. It does not matter if we are the nicest person on the block, have the most beautiful house in the neighborhood, if our kids attend the most prestigious schools, if we have the most money, whatever.. None of that matters if we are spiritually corrupt. We are dead on the inside, morally.

Jesus came to deliver us from this and to give us new life in Him. He is the True Light of the World.

We can walk in the newness of life in the light of Jesus with the right desires, according to God's spirit by faith today as we trust in Him and live for Him. Why continue to live a life that is corrupt and spiritually dead, out of step with your own Creator who created you to glorify Him, to give you real life, abundant life? Abundant life is life that is based on Jesus, on living by the Truth. It is not about having money, cars, living it up carefree, having social status, popularity and all that the world cherishes. Abundant life is spiritual life, living for the Lord, living a life that is not in bondage to sin, corruption, spiritual death. It is living by faith in Jesus Christ, the One who gave His life to give us life.

One day God will bring an end to spiritual death in everyone. All will one day have to die to sin, that which defiles us. We were not created to live apart from Our Creator. We can come willingly to Him today and be set free from the slavery to sin or one day we will be made willing to come. We should come to Him today if we hear Him calling and submit to His will for our lives today, being cleansed from our sins, walking in truth by His Spirit.

John 12

4 And Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me. 46 I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

God bless.

Old 05-27-2023, 02:18 PM

Most translations have translated the word "aionios" to mean "eternal" which is an incorrect translation.

When most believers read the words "eternal life" in the Bible they think of living forever, but that is not the correct translation.

Aionios means "of or relating to an age or ages". An age is an indefinite period of time.

Jesus tells us that aionios life is knowing the Father and the Son.

John 17:3
and this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send -- Jesus Christ; Young's Literal

This is the wonderful abundant life that believers have during the ages. What a precious gift...All people do not have this life of knowing the Father and the Son. Most are lost, living in darkness, under the domain of satan. Few find this life today. It is like a treasure hidden in a field but it is out there for anyone.

Knowing the Father and the Son means to be in fellowship with them, walking with them, living for them, having God's Holy Spirit living inside helping us live for Him. It teaches us to turn away from sin, from ungodliness and living the right way in this life today. It is a precious gift that God has given believers, that we are called the children of God, a holy nation, a royal priesthood, a city on a hill, lights in the world. We are blessed to be able to commune with the Father and the Son, blessed to live a life of trust and faith in God, overcoming the bondage of sin today. It is a life of freedom from the bondage to sin, of being delivered from darkness and ignorance. It is the highest life that God gives to the creature in the ages that were created through Jesus Christ.

Immortality is not the same as aionios life but it will be added to us when we are raised out of death by the Lord.

"God did not put his Son on the cross to die for the world, only to attach a self-defeating belief clause sentencing billions to infinite suffering. If we understand that aionios-life is Jesus Christ within his followers right now, and that "this is life aionios: to know the one true God.. Merciful Truth

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-27-2023 at 02:26 PM..

Old 05-27-2023, 09:06 PM

660 posts, read 266,454 times
```Nehemiah 9:31 But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God. ```
From Mount Sinai, the LORD God spoke to the Israelites Neh 9:13. Neh 9:17 At times they disobeyed the Word of God and were punished Neh 9:17, for the cost of all sin is death and all are sinners. The Earth, Old Jerusalem. At times they obeyed the Word of God and they were rewarded. But they could not obey all His commandments, therefore they died. Everyone disobeyed (Rom 11:32) except the LORD Christ, who is the Word of God made flesh; only He fully obeyed God. John 1:14. He has no sin yet He died, He paid the price for all sin. Thus, we must have faith alone in the LORD Christ to be made clean of all our disobedience, sin. Truly, everyone will and we will all be rewarded by His mercy with permanent life in paradise, New Jerusalem.

Old 05-27-2023, 09:15 PM

660 posts, read 266,454 times
Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:12 PM

That’s similar to my brother’s beliefs as well so that’s interesting, older brother intuition. There’s a lot to read so I’ll probably reply in smaller chunks

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:14 PM

Interesting. Not just your brother's beliefs that are similar, but also because as soon as you sent this message, I literally just sent a Christian Universalist message to another friend right now.

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:14 PM

Divine timing I guess

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:17 PM

Also, no worries about replying in smaller chunks btw. I try to make my replies short sometimes... but they end up kinda long lol. One Discord friend I talked to "can.of.soup", I put our responses together and it's 41 914 words. So like ... oops kinda wrote a whole novel XD

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:17 PM

Im really sorry to hear about your experience but I’m glad that you found your way through god, I’m also grateful you’re able to share that experience with me because that’s somewhat similar to my situation. It must take a lot of courage to be able to forgive those people

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:18 PM

Maybe you could write a book one day, I would definitely check it out (I’m also planning to check out ur website in a second)

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:19 PM

I guess this could be like a book already XD I might have to break all my writings until different novels tho

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:21 PM

Thank you, as well for listening. I evangelize on many Discord servers, I usually just get kicked out. It's not often people read what I write, so I appreciate this

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:22 PM

Thats amazing honestly, even with my own journey, reconnecting with god has offered me a lot of peace. Props to you for helping this person reconnect with their faith

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:24 PM

Honestly, I used to be the type of atheists who would watch videos disproving God. I would even try to censor religion before. In terms of life and death, I found that God is life. Like my life support sorta. I'm also sorry to hear that you went through a similar situation my friend God's forgiven me for my mistakes so I think it's fair to forgive people for their mistakes too

Oh, I gotta go up and see my mom and sister, I just heard them from downstairs, will be back later

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:28 PM

I have never quite been an atheist but I did fall into the category of agnostic because I felt as though none of the religions really resonated with me. I think one of the most interesting things is that in my holy book, bees are described using feminine conjugaisons, theres no way they would’ve known that worker bees are female on their own (I feel like I’m explaining this terribly). It’s also very interesting how our religions (the abrahamic ones) all connect

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:29 PM

No worries

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:41 PM

Hell is a very complex topic, I do agree that I think everyone will eventually enter heaven however I do think that god is just and people (such as murderers) will experience some form of punishment. It’s interesting to see where our beliefs differ.

Thus my reply is as follows

Hi, I’m back Incarnate my friend . Interesting. I’ve also met other agnostics before. I think a lot of people start out as agnostics before choosing the religion they wish to follow. But I’m glad that you were able to find information on your own religion. Knowledge overall is important and I think my mistake as an atheist before was trying to disprove the notion of a particular God and assuming all ideas of God was like that.

Specifically, the notion of God I set out to disprove was a God that tortures or destroys people in Hell forever. I think I did succeed. But I falsely assumed as an atheist that either God exists and tortures/destroys people forever or God does not exist at all. I failed to consider at the time an option where, God exists and does not torture/destroy people forever.

Hmm... interesting you should mention that bees are described using feminine conjugations in your holy book. In my holy book, bees are also always describes using feminine conjugations.

```https://biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_1682.htm

1682. דְּבוֹרִים (deborah) has 4 instances in the Christian Bible```

```Deuteronomy 1:44 and the Amorite who is dwelling in that hill-country cometh out to meet you, and they pursue you as the bees do, and smite you in Seir -- unto Hormah. (YLT)

https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/1-44.htm

the bees.

הַדְּבֹרִ֑ים (had·də·ḇō·rîm)

Article | Noun - feminine plural

Strong's 1682: The bee```

```Judges 14:8 and he turneth back after some days to take her, and turneth aside to see the carcase of the lion, and lo, a company of bees are in the body of the lion -- and honey. (YLT)

https://biblehub.com/judges/14-8.htm

of bees,

דְּבוֹרִ֛ים (də·ḇō·w·rîm)

Noun - feminine plural

```Psalm 118:12 They surrounded me like bees; they went out like a fire among thorns; in the name of the LORD I cut them off! (ESV)
https://biblehub.com/psalms/118-12.htm

like bees;

כִדְבוֹרִ֗ים (ḵiḏ·ḇō·w·rîm)

Preposition-k | Noun - feminine plural

```Isaiah 7:18 In that day the LORD will whistle for the fly that is at the end of the streams of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria. (ESV)

https://biblehub.com/isaiah/7-18.htm
and for the bee

וְלַ֨דְּבוֹרָ֔ה (wə·lad·də·ḇō·w·rāh)

Conjunctive waw, Preposition-l, Article | Noun - feminine singular

(NIV translates this as “bees” plural even though Strong’s Concordance says it’s “bee” singular lol)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worker_bee

Scientifically, Worker bees (with queen) A worker bee is any female (eusocial) bee that lacks the full reproductive capacity of the colony's queen bee

https://onehoneybee.com/are-all-work...-about-drones/

All worker bees are female.

So I agree with you there. And don’t worry, I think I get your explanation. Ancient writers at this time, thousands of years ago before modern science, would have no way of confirming that all worker bees are female. For me, it shows that these texts are divinely inspired.

Yes, for me it shows that at least the God of Abraham is the one true God. The female bees would be just one of many proofs to that. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the Holy Book that you read, my friend? It’s interesting that many Abrahamic religions like Judaism, Christianity, Islam have similar source material at times. So much so that many more relatively recently-developed faiths like the Baháʼí and Samaritanism like to claim Abrahamic classification too. It shows that believing in the God of Abraham is a strong foundation.

Oh yes, but I believe that all people who sin (like the sin of murder) will experience the natural consequence and punishment for their sins, which is at least death. All murderers will at least recognize that they have sin (meaning repentence) and thus recognize a need for some way to remove that sin. It’s much better to not sin, then to sin due to the guilt, the suffering, that people experience.

```Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins shall die.```

I see Sheol/Hades, the realm of the dead, as temporary mental anguish. The punishment will be temporary and won’t last forever. Specifically because, all people who have sin are incomplete. Since sin represents imperfection. And God would want to complete all of creation. A loving God would want to have all of His creation be perfect.

```Proverbs 27:12 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.```

The way I personally see it is, the more someone sins, the more suffering they inflict on themselves and on others. Since sin = death = hatred of others and God = life = love of others, the more someone disobeys God, the shorter their lifespans become.
```John 4:20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar```
```Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death```

We were originally created to life forever. Perfect genetics. Yet, after disobeying God (sin) in the Garden of Eden by eating the Forbidden Fruit, his lifespan drastically shortened. Genetic mutation.

```Genesis 5:5 So Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. ```

Still a pretty long time though. But now, humans struggle to reach even 120 years.

```Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”```

Side note: Hebrew לְעֹלָ֔ם olam = Genesis αἰώνιος, ία, ιον aionios = everlasting = eternal = forever = permanent = perpetual = agelong = pertaining to an age. Moving from “age of sin” to “age of no sin”.

https://www.biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_5769.htm

https://biblehub.com/greek/166.htm

The only way for creation to be perfect, to live forever, is to have no sin. So for me, I look forward to the day when all peoples of all nations can be with the God of Abraham together in paradise. It may take a while, but eventually we’ll get there. God’s love is stronger than even the most evil persons hate after all. The Lord’s blessings of joy to you my friend, hope you have a wonderful day today

Old 05-28-2023, 03:17 AM

4,735 posts, read 1,279,472 times
Universalism is a false teaching because it denies election of grace, which is a cardinal gospel truth/doctrine, and for it to be truth its corollary is true which is reprobation,: Yes, in saving only a remnant, God is reprobating the remainder !. The apostle Paul argued convincingly on this point Rom 9:18

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it[Salvation/eternal life], and the rest were blinded.

Universalism denies the truth of election of grace even though they invent absurdities to spin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity