Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 04:28 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And what of those that don't believe in God --- ? They know of no such commands and yet --- God's will, will be done.
They will still have to be judged by what they have done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2022, 04:39 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Born again Man ... is alive in the Holy Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
A person has to die before they can be born again.

When one wants to be saved and born again, they have to confess and repent of their sins to Jesus...they have to crucify themselves with Jesus to sin...they have to die to the sins of the world and promise to live to please Jesus.

They have to believe that Jesus' blood washes away those sins and purifies us and we receive the Holy Spirit.

We are then born again without any sins like a new born baby.

We then live our lives living up to that.

No die no born again.
Quote:
And yet, that is not what Christ told Nicodemus; "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

I was born again at age 9 and trust, I'm not dead yet. (still though a Doubting Thomas, until age 25)

Quote:
and ask for forgiveness. (for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God)
Quote:
Right, of course, we come to Jesus and confess and repent of our sins and we come to him for forgiveness.
Most importantly ask for forgiveness, otherwise the rest is a moot point.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
And what of those that don't believe in God --- ? They know of no such commands and yet --- God's will, will be done.
Quote:
They don't believe that though ...

Old 09-14-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
And yet, that is not what Christ told Nicodemus; "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
It sure is what Jesus told Nicodemus. Jesus said one must be born of water and the Spirit.

When a person dies to the sins of the world, that is when they are washed as with water, and that is when they receive the Holy Spirit.

Quote:

I was born again at age 9 and trust, I'm not dead yet.
You say you were, even though Jesus didn't say to baptize children, and you have to confess and repent of your sins and die to the sins of the world.

You have to die to sins did you really think literally die and decay in the ground?

You don't know you have to die to be born again with a new life?

Here are some scriptures for you to be grateful for:

Romans 6:6 We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

You don't die then you don't have life.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

You were a little child and knew about lusts of the flesh?

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave

Colossians 2:20 If you have died with Christ to the spiritual forces of the world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its regulations:

1 Peter 2:24 He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. "By His stripes you are healed."

Quote:

You have to confess and repent of your sins and promise to die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
They don't believe that though ...
They will still be judged by how evil or good they were.

Old 09-14-2022, 05:14 PM

Quote:

I was born again at age 9 and trust, I'm not dead yet. (still though a Doubting Thomas, until age 25)

Quote:
It sure is what Jesus told Nicodemus. Jesus said one must be born of water and the Spirit.

When a person dies to the sins of the world, that is when they are washed as with water, and that is when they receive the Holy Spirit.

You say you were, even though Jesus didn't say to baptize children, and you have to confess and repent of your sins and die to the sins of the world.

You have to die to sins did you really think literally die and decay in the ground?
The way you said it, I thought that is how you interpreted salvation to be ...

Quote:

Old 09-14-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I put a lot of effort and care into it and scriptures. Don't know how you could have missed it...if you read it. lol

Old 09-14-2022, 09:27 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Quote:
They will still be judged by how evil or good they were.
We will be judged by what we have BECOME! Everything we do here is a prologue. You are either becoming a decent mature Spirit or you are not. Jesus as a Human is the standard against which we will be measured. I fear many will be surprised by what they have BECOME without knowing it no matter what they claim to believe.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We will be judged by what we have BECOME! Everything we do here is a prologue. You are either becoming a decent mature Spirit or you are not. Jesus as a Human is the standard against which we will be measured. I fear many will be surprised by what they have BECOME without knowing it no matter what they claim to believe.
You say the same thing I believe but in a different way, you say it in an interesting way but almost missed because it sounds so different.

We receive the righteousness of Jesus when we are saved and we have to live up to that sinless perfection we received and if we do sin we can confess it to Jesus and repent and be forgiven.

Jesus never sinned and doesn't have to ask for forgiveness, but he gives us that mercy if we sin, but we are still not supposed to, we are to be over comers.

You are right though that we can believe all we want and it not be enough, for it is only in the doing what Jesus says to do.

Old 09-15-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I put a lot of effort and care into it and scriptures. Don't know how you could have missed it...if you read it. lol
Quote:
That reads like you mean a physical death and that is what I based my post on under it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity