Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 04:22 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Just by faith is going to answer to God for what he wrote on the interweb?

I see so many Christians say the same sort of things all the time, and they really believe it's TRUE because they want it to be true.

Why would you want to see somebody punished for taking their time to have a conversation with you?

If you really think you have been wronged, then there is no better opportunity to excel when you forgive him, if he wronged you, but since you know Jesus will judge him for wronging you, you obviously arent the forgiving type.

Hell of a thing, I mean, man, that is alot of punishment Christian's are drooling over. I can just see Saint Peter now," What did JBF say to you?"

Lol, now that will take an eternity.
I don't hold grudges against anyone, including JBF. I even posted a smiley face in my last post to JBF to indicate as much.

I know that JBF is working through his own trials (at least I do now), and consequently I don't feel "wronged" by him. However, I do have an obligation to set things in order where and when I feel it's necessary.

As for wanting to see someone punished. That's the farthest thing from my motives/heart. We'll all answer to Christ for every idle word we speak (Mat 12:36), and it's important to keep that in mind. That goes for myself, as well as you and also JBF. And it's really not about punishment, at least not from my perspective, but rather refinement and the shedding of our fleshly remnants. I post in the UR thread about this all the time. I'm surprised people think I would be drooling over punishment. I guess my posts are projecting a different attitude. It's good for me to know that. Thanks for letting me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 04:48 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yea, sorry.
You're forgiven.

Old 06-25-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I know that JBF is working through his own trials (at least I do now), and consequently I don't feel "wronged" by him. However, I do have an obligation to set things in order where and when I feel it's necessary.
You could have done it without calling me a psycho.

Consequently I feel "wronged" by you.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:09 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
I don't hold grudges against anyone, including JBF. I even posted a smiley face in my last post to JBF to indicate as much.

As for wanting to see someone punished. That's the farthest thing from my motives/heart. We'll all answer to Christ for every idle word we speak (Mat 12:36), and it's important to keep that in mind. That goes for myself, as well as you and also JBF. And it's really not about punishment, at least not from my perspective, but rather refinement and the shedding of our fleshly remnants. I post in the UR thread about this all the time. I'm surprised people think I would be drooling over punishment. I guess my posts are projecting a different attitude. It's good for me to know that. Thanks for letting me know.
It has more to do with your/our/their different religious upbringing and affiliation which we can not entirely get rid of

There is a particular dynamic going on between JBF and mystic- very confrontational and what drives it is the ET vs UR debate, and also mystic’s Buddhist roots and JBF’s charismatic/Pentecostal roots - they have both taken their stand against each other on opposing/opposite sides

Mystic believes all individuals that have ever lived become ‘spirits’ and somehow JBF will get his just deserts for believing and promoting the doctrines of ET then in that spiritual/immaterial place/dimension

Which actually sounds quite a lot like the Roman Catholic view of ‘purgatory’

Because you also promote UR it seems to me in JBF eyes you also share mystic’s beliefs and conclusions

That is why I generally do not like to promote UR or oppose ET as I see/perceive/understand that there are different layers and the personal and public/organisational can and do get mixed together and confused by the religious and taken out of their own contexts

It is not that simple or black and white

Old 06-25-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

I think you still have me confused with someone else. Or possibly someone from another website? I've never called anyone a "psycho", including you. I just did a quick search to verify and the results were: "Sorry - no matches".

So lets drop this before I do call you that...lol To be honest this stuff is off my mind, or at least it was, and I would like to keep it that way.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I think you still have me confused with someone else. Or possibly someone from another website? I've never called anyone a "psycho", including you. I just did a quick search to verify and the results were: "Sorry - no matches".

So lets drop this before I do call you that...lol To be honest this stuff is off my mind, or at least it was, and I would like to keep it that way.
I am not talking about you using the word "psycho"

I am saying that you called me a psycho;

In the same sense that the Bible teaches the doctrine of the Trinity while the word "Trinity" is nowhere to be found within its pages.

You told me to go get help from a psychiatrist.

Basically the same thing.

But I am not calling you a psycho in telling you in the present moment that you need to go and seek help from a psychiatrist.

Now, am I?

Old 06-25-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It has more to do with your/our/their different religious upbringing and affiliation which we can not entirely get rid of

There is a particular dynamic going on between JBF and mystic- very confrontational and what drives it is the ET vs UR debate, and also mystic’s Buddhist roots and JBF’s charismatic/Pentecostal roots - they have both taken their stand against each other on opposing/opposite sides

Mystic believes all individuals that have ever lived become ‘spirits’ and somehow JBF will get his just deserts for believing and promoting the doctrines of ET then in that spiritual/immaterial place/dimension

Which actually sounds quite a lot like the Roman Catholic view of ‘purgatory’

Because you also promote UR it seems to me in JBF eyes you also share mystic’s beliefs and conclusions

That is why I generally do not like to promote UR or oppose ET as I see/perceive/understand that there are different layers and the personal and public/organisational can and do get mixed together and confused by the religious and taken out of their own contexts

It is not that simple or black and white
You seem pretty level headed on all this and I really enjoy your input. I'm not on this board often enough to feel "wronged" or that I've "wronged" anyone else. I guess I just don't know all the personalities and debates/confrontations that take place. But if I am out of line with any of my posts, please let me know and I'll be happy to apologize.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:37 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:

Quote:

I think you 2 are probably misunderstanding each other

Jj originally said JBF is obsessive about the scriptures (and that does seem to be true)

That is not calling someone psycho

Being obsessive about something is not an illness in itself, it is where it interferes with day to day living and relationships with others that it becomes problematic

I try to keep my own obsessiveness and need to understand the Holy Scriptures separate from my personal day to day interactions with people

Old 06-25-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You seem pretty level headed on all this and I really enjoy your input. I'm not on this board often enough to feel "wronged" or that I've "wronged" anyone else. I guess I just don't know all the personalities and debates/confrontations that take place. But if I am out of line with any of my posts, please let me know and I'll be happy to apologize.
You are out of line.

You need to go seek help from a psychiatrist.

Now, how does that feel?

I think that you should respond with great joy and acceptance of what I am saying to you and then go and do as I have prescribed.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I am not talking about you using the word "psycho"

I am saying that you called me a psycho;

In the same sense that the Bible teaches the doctrine of the Trinity while the word "Trinity" is nowhere to be found within its pages.

You told me to go get help from a psychiatrist.

Basically the same thing.

But I am not calling you a psycho in telling you in the present moment that you need to go and seek help from a psychiatrist.

Now, am I?
I see what you're saying now. I think I'll just leave it at that...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity