Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2022, 12:30 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,173,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I don't disagree with you there.

Post #344, did you understand it?
Of course you disagree since you believe the natural man has a freewill. But the natural mans will is a servant to sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 12:36 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,173,945 times
escalamike

Quote:
That God created us for the sole purpose of giving us a chance to share in His happiness is a shocking thing. Why would He do that? It's only because He is Good and Generous. There's no other reason.
A chance ? So what determines if people share in Gods blessedness ? If God only gives us a chance !

Old 06-21-2022, 12:49 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
As long as I can freely choose between chocolate or vanilla ice cream I'm good to go.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:03 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
As long as I can freely choose between chocolate or vanilla ice cream I'm good to go.
The choice for me is caramel vs vanilla

Old 06-21-2022, 01:10 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The choice for me is caramel vs vanilla
Thank God for free will.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:08 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Of course you disagree since you believe the natural man has a freewill. But the natural mans will is a servant to sin.
No; because I believe that man is given the ability to freely choose between Christ and his sins when the Holy Spirit draws him to Christ.

In this, he does not have a free choice when he is not being drawn to Christ (which means that I agree with you that he is bound by sin).

Being drawn to Christ means that he is able to make a free will decision either for or against Christ.

But being drawn to Christ does not guarantee that he will make a decision for Christ, is what I am saying.

So, drawing is not the exact same thing as regeneration.

Regeneration only occurs when a man receives Jesus as Saviour and Lord.

And while being drawn by Christ is a doorway to that, it is, again, no guarantee.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:29 PM

248 posts, read 81,731 times
Know that you have freewill and God gave it to you since the dawn of time we all have it and also since Eden know that the devil had it and it was his downfall to atack God but man fell but not's it's fault but the enemy and justcie will be ours.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:08 AM

923 posts, read 238,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelgabriel88 View Post
Know that you have freewill and God gave it to you since the dawn of time we all have it and also since Eden know that the devil had it and it was his downfall to atack God but man fell but not's it's fault but the enemy and justcie will be ours.
What you do not understand is that God controls your choices with the reasons he provides for you to base them on. “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (KJV 1900) **“LORD, thou wilt ordain Peace for us: For thou also hast wrought all our works in us.” Isaiah 26:12 (KJV 1900)**

Old 06-22-2022, 04:26 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
What you do not understand is that God controls your choices with the reasons he provides for you to base them on. “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (KJV 1900) **“LORD, thou wilt ordain Peace for us: For thou also hast wrought all our works in us.” Isaiah 26:12 (KJV 1900)**
However, the reason on which you base your choices may be based on the choices of other people.

Is God responsible for the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden?

I don't think so. Adam and Eve made a choice.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:37 AM

923 posts, read 238,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
However, the reason on which you base your choices may be based on the choices of other people.

Is God responsible for the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden?

I don't think so. Adam and Eve made a choice.
Did God lead Adam into temptation? Why pray "lead us not into temptation" if He does not? Having a person fall to his own lust is the person being tempted by his own lust, not God tempting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity