Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 03:24 PM

33,223 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

Updating this thread with a video made by AronRa in which he brings up the Christian geologists who in the face of the geological evidence had no problem setting aside the biblical account of the flood and accepting that such a flood never happened, and then addressing the evidence against the biblical flood story.

How Geology Disproves Noah's Flood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MeHmWapM4Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2023, 03:39 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
We have lots on our plates and plenty to be concerned about with daily living, to spend time on these types of matter that won't be solved anyway.

Jesus said not bother with worries and concerns about the future - that daily life has enough trouble of its own - and similarly doesn't command us to dwell on the past either. We're only here a short time, and the daily harvest and work is plenty.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 01-04-2023 at 03:51 PM..

Old 01-04-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We have lots on our plates and plenty to be concerned about with daily living, to spend time on these types of matter that won't be solved anyway.
That Noah's flood never happened is beyond doubt. And if everyone had your attitude we would still be in the stone age.

Old 01-04-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
That Noah's flood never happened is beyond doubt. And if everyone had your attitude we would still be in the stone age.
LOL I have nothing to say about Noah's flood - whether it was real or not. I don't know, and don't care. It plays no role in daily living.

I'm not going to waste time on such pointless matters. I'm sticking with Jesus' focus on daily living, and not idleness and daydreaming. You'll have to answer to God for that.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
LOL I have nothing to say about Noah's flood - whether it was real or not. I don't know, and don't care. It plays no role in daily living.

I'm not going to waste time on such pointless matters. I'm sticking with Jesus' focus on daily living, and not idleness and daydreaming. You'll have to answer to God for that.
Then go about your daily living and stop wasting your time posting on this forum.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Then go about your daily living and stop wasting your time posting on this forum.
LOL You can't order me around Bud. Now I'm going to have to step up and increase my *daily* responses to your posts. Wooohaayammabamabiddy! Stuff that in your Noah's Ark

Old 01-04-2023, 04:11 PM

Quote:
LOL You can't order me around Bud. Now I'm going to have to step up and increase my *daily* responses to your posts. Wooohaayammabamabiddy!
You're the one complaining about not wasting time and not being idle and having to answer to God. Yet here you are wasting time by complaining about not wasting time. Well, I don't have time for hypocrites, so you can simply be disregarded.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:13 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Geologist and Christian Ken Wolgemuth who is an old earth creationist explains why the Grand Canyon could not have been created by any single flood in this short 6 minute video. This is geological evidence against a global flood.

Could the Grand Canyon Have Been Carved Out by a Single Flood?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSo_m680VqU
Welp. That settles it. Some geologist guy says it couldn't have happened.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Welp. That settles it. Some geologist guy says it couldn't have happened.
No legitimate geologist who is not on the payroll of some young earth creationist organization would argue that Noah's flood happened. All the geological evidence refutes it, and any young earth creationist believer who rejects the evidence does so strictly because of theological reasons.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:28 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
Quote:
...This is geological evidence against a global flood.
No, it doesn't. I don't mean to say that there was a global flood, only to say that simply because the Grand Canyon wasn't formed by a global flood -- it was formed over millions of years of water and wind erosion -- doesn't prove there was not a global flood. Your logic is flawed.

Frankly, literal interpretation is a modern practice and many (including myself) believe those that seek a literal meaning in the stories of the Old testament are not getting the point. The stories are allegorical, meant to pass on a complicated belief system in a Consciousness that is beyond understanding.

It may surprise you that at the time of the Bible's creation, there were other creationist stories ascribed to by other peoples. Many different aboriginal cultures today, including Native Americans, have their own creationist stories. There are more flavors of beliefs than most people understand without benefit of a world religion study plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity