Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 08:02 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times

Advertisements

Whoever has heard from the Father and learned from Him comes to me.

Come to me and you will see the kingdom of heaven and stand in the presence of the Most High.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Whoever has heard from the Father and learned from Him comes to me.

Come to me and you will see the kingdom of heaven and stand in the presence of the Most High.
I have come, or do you mean to your house? What is your address Lord?

Old 07-25-2019, 12:41 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why doesn't jesus fix all these problems with this book?

Can't? Doesn't want to?

Why haven't people like you fixed it? Between the 30,000+ sects of this book, you guys should be able to fix it, right?

Jesus used parables to teach crowds. One such parable was about the wheat and the weeds. Jesus was born and raised in an agrarian society so the target audience were familiar with wheat and weeds.
Darnel, for example, has been around for millennia. It's poisonous and mimics wheat.
That is until both ripen. At harvest time, wheat and Darnel can be distinguished.
Counterfeit Christians would become part of the early Christian church and Christians who had a genuine interest in following Christ would disappear from view. Not extinct but not at the forefront of "Christianity."
The "fix" is at harvest time.
Paul and Peter also express sentiment in line with the theme that "Christianity" would take a big hit. It wouldn't look pretty.
People shouldn't then be surprised that there are various Christian sects.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:51 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
The tare and the wheat are the same person.
The goat and the sheep are the same person.
Two men in a bed is the same person
Two women at the wheel is the same person
The Rich man and Lazarus is the same person

This is explained in many places, there are two Jerusalems, two mothers, two sons, and we are of the seed of both Ishmael and Isaac.

There is a son of perdition in all people.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You and your cohort get this wrong all the time. The New Testament writers communicated ABOUT the Word of God who IS Jesus. Their purpose was to help us get to know and understand the "mind of Christ" so we would know the "mind of God," NOT believe a bunch of primitive and barbaric beliefs from the OT.
What was the source material the NT writers used when highlighting prophecy,writing accounts of faithful pre-Christian men and women, and principles from the Mosaic law that were used as teaching points?
Did Jesus quote from the NT or the OT?
Did Jesus stop quoting from the OT even at the end of his ministry?
What was the source material that was used to reason with the early Jews and Gentiles to facilitate their becoming followers of Christ?
The NT or the OT?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And the Old Testament is just as much the word of God as is the New Testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
How could that be? Since the Word was in the beginning.
There was no paper, no pens and no people (!) in the beginning.
So, what did John mean, guys?
So God is limited in how he communicates with his children Miss Hepburn?
I'm trying to understand. That's the impression I get from you and other posters who seem to have similar views.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
What was the source material the NT writers used when highlighting prophecy,writing accounts of faithful pre-Christian men and women, and principles from the Mosaic law that were used as teaching points?
Did Jesus quote from the NT or the OT?
Did Jesus stop quoting from the OT even at the end of his ministry?
What was the source material that was used to reason with the early Jews and Gentiles to facilitate their becoming followers of Christ?
The NT or the OT?
What we do know by looking at the 4 gospels is that Jesus quoted the scriptures only on an heldful of occassions throughout his entire ministry. That was a huge problem for those who heavily relied on what was written in ink.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:50 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why doesn't jesus fix all these problems with this book?

Can't? Doesn't want to?

Why haven't people like you fixed it? Between the 30,000+ sects of this book, you guys should be able to fix it, right?
Quote:
Jesus used parables to teach crowds.
Are you another christian that don’t know there bible?

Jesus (aka god) picks and chooses who gets the caret at the end of the stick.

Matthew 13:9-11 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
10 And the disciples came and said unto Him, “Why speakest Thou unto them in parables?”
11 He answered and said unto them, “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is not given.

Hope I taught you something you didn’t know about that god thing you worship. Amen

Old 07-25-2019, 09:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
I'm trying to understand. That's the impression I get from you and other posters who seem to have similar views.
Ha, now I am the one asking you a question...can you be more specific as to what you mean...and then I can answer you better.
What do I say that makes His communication sound limited? Remembering, I know God has no limits.

While I'm at it there was a prince named Prahlad...(short version), his father for some reason
lit the palace on fire with him in it, on purpose! There was Prahlad surrounded by flames thinking he was going to die....when on a red hot pillar he sees a fly walking...''Thank you, Lord.'' ..and
Prahlad walked through the fire unharmed to the terrified crowd outside.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:49 PM

421 posts, read 153,409 times
Quote:
Jesus IS the "word." The "logos" is the thought or intent of God (spoken or unspoken). Jesus is the intent of God in the flesh. The word of God is not the text of scripture.

The "graphe" is the document, writings, scripture, etc.

When the Bible says the "word of God" it isn't referring to itself. It's talking about the intent of God as revealed through Jesus.

When it says "scripture" or "writings" it's talking about the text of the Old Testament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity