Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Further proof that fundamentalists believe God is the bible.
True.

And sad - make that tragic - in so, many, many ways. I have deep pity for the children of fundamentalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 06:11 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Anyone who thinks that they don't need Jesus to establish an eternal relationship with the Father is in for a very rude awakening in the day of judgment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Did I have this relationship with jesus for billions of years before I was born?

Why would 80 - 90 years matter?
Quote:
You didn't exist before you were born. Now that you are, your time on this earth is a probationary period in which you can either avail yourself of God's provision of salvation by trusting in Jesus Christ or you can refuse to come to Him so that you can have eternal life. During your time on this earth you can either choose for God or you can choose against God. It's your choice
Quote:
curious, one doesn't have the free will to not be born/exist, right?
Quote:
This is the last stupid question of yours that I'm going to answer on this thread. You didn't exist before you were born and therefore didn't have a will . . .free or otherwise.
Quote:
Stupid question? My eternal well being is on the line. Sorry you find my questions hard hitting.

So to be clear, I had no free will before I was forced to exist/born and since I can't opt out to just not exist at judgment day, it safe to conclude there is no free will after I die, right mike?
Quote:
You don't even believe in the God of which the Bible speaks.

Really? Come on mike....

Every question I ask is to better understand why you believe and I don't.

Can you please answer my question?

Old 07-23-2019, 06:30 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Really? Come on mike....

Every question I ask is to better understand why you believe and I don't.

Can you please answer my question?
In fact, I did answer the question in post #31. As I said, it was the last stupid question I was going to answer. I then answered it.

If you want to know why I believe, then ask me why I believe what I believe.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-23-2019 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-23-2019, 07:21 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
There absolutely are certain things you must believe about Jesus. You must believe that he died for your sins and that he rose again (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Jesus himself said that if you don't 'believe that I am you will die in your sins' (John 8:24).

While the English word 'on' is a valid way to say it, it is not the only way. The preposition εἰς is used to express the meaning of 'in, into, to, for.' 'Believe in Christ' is perfectly valid and is usually the way it is translated in English Bibles. It doesn't mean to believe that he existed, but has reference to his redemptive work on the cross.

For precepts and doctrines of men, simply look in the mirror. You are full of such precepts. The New Testament writers communicated the word of God, not the precepts and doctrines of men.
You and your cohort get this wrong all the time. The New Testament writers communicated ABOUT the Word of God who IS Jesus. Their purpose was to help us get to know and understand the "mind of Christ" so we would know the "mind of God," NOT believe a bunch of primitive and barbaric beliefs from the OT.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-23-2019 at 07:38 PM..

Old 07-23-2019, 07:25 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,934 times
I do.

The son, the servant of God does.

Follow the son!

Old 07-23-2019, 07:29 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,574,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Um, just wondering...

Ask Mooji. He's still around. Osho'd have explained but He left His physical body. I think, any truly enlightened One will be able to answer, none of them here.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Ask Mooji. He's still around. Osho'd have explained but He left His physical body. I think, any truly enlightened One will be able to answer, none of them here.
Oh sorry, my bad..I meant here in this section of the forum.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:03 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Um, just wondering...
In Scripture I find two (2) persons that had a direct relationship with God ( one-on-one basis )
Adam talked directly to his God ( No angelic involvement needed ) because in the beginning Adam was sinless.
God sent a pre-human heavenly sinless Jesus to Earth for us. Sinless Jesus could talk directly to his God.
Thus, God allows Jesus to be mediator for us.- 1st Timothy 2:5
By the end of Jesus' 1,000-year rule over Earth mankind will have reached human perfection as Adam originally had.
So, by that time mankind will have a one-on-one with God as Adam originally did.
In the meantime, we pray to God through Jesus as mediator for us.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:08 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You and your cohort get this wrong all the time. The New Testament writers communicated ABOUT the Word of God who IS Jesus. Their purpose was to help us get to know and understand the "mind of Christ" so we would know the "mind of God," NOT believe a bunch of primitive and barbaric beliefs from the OT.
I find a little different take according to 1st Corinthians 2:16 we can have the mind of Christ but who can have God's mind.
Be like minded according to Christ Jesus - Romans 15:5
For we are Christ's and Christ is God as per 1st Corinthians 3:23.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:11 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The error is yours. The phrase 'the (W)word of God is not used of Jesus only. It refers to the teaching of the apostles as well. And the Old Testament is just as much the word of God as is the New Testament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity