Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 07:32 PM

23,399 posts, read 10,726,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not know how you came to say that when all I have done is address this.
That light is the Torah, it is a person walking as Jesus walked in fulfiling the law and the comings and goings of the temple. People think that Jesus being their Passover lamb has all things finished, when in fact, the walk of Jesus was to teach all men how to begin in Passover and end in Shemini Atzeret, it is a known path that he brought the light to.

What about Natives that have never heard of Jesus who live out in the jungles and curse jets flying over as evil spirits?

They have the same salvation as everyone else..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 07:39 PM

The high reward and great blessings of God make astounding promises to the overcomer, and the overcomer prays for his reward.

What does God promise the overcomer?

God promises that men will bring him into court, and that they will beat the flesh clear off they bones. Then God promises that men should hoist them up to drive nails through them as fruit upon a tree. '' Thanks God.''

So insane, I know I am no overcomer, but isn't this the goal of the overcomer? To become a true brethren?

Old 07-27-2019, 07:41 PM

11,995 posts, read 3,854,131 times
Quote:
Hanni, I am talking about the times before reading and writing.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. No mention here of what was written teaching us anything at all, what's written points us to the one that does >>>>>> This is my beloved son, here ye him.

The Light shone out of darkness

It shone in our hearts

It gave us the light of the knowledge of the glory of Gpd

That glory shining from the face of Jesus Christ is a glory we unlike Moses can behold.
As simple as that

Old 07-27-2019, 07:41 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,556,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That light is the Torah, it is a person walking as Jesus walked in fulfiling the law and the comings and goings of the temple. People think that Jesus being their Passover lamb has all things finished, when in fact, the walk of Jesus was to teach all men how to begin in Passover and end in Shemini Atzeret, it is a known path that he brought the light to.

What about Natives that have never heard of Jesus who live out in the jungles and curse jets flying over as evil spirits?

They have the same salvation as everyone else..
You mean like God set let there be Torah ?.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:47 PM

There is the higher Zoe kingdom, and there is the least in the outer court which is not a part of the temple proper.

We always speak of the least and the greatest, but what about the people in the Holy place?

Few become Holy place people, and even fewer will be Holy of holies people, and we should know that the Zoe kingdom is the higher kingdom of high priests, while we know that even the people in the outer court stand there with the alter of burnt offerings with a clear salvation.

What about the people in between?

Old 07-27-2019, 07:52 PM

64,175 posts, read 40,646,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Look, I know you've always been on the see-saw of religion, not really sure what you believe. I'll put it like this.....I'm an agnostic atheist but it appeared to me years ago that my grandmother might have a direct line to the almighty. It seemed like everything she prayed about came true. Whether it was meant to be is a different story but whatever I asked her to pray for it came true. but that's when I was a Christian.

I know now that all that nonsense was coincidence and hoo-doo it was just good gut instincts. Seriously, it is definitely all happen-stance this is, after all, a shot in the dark. My Grandma is someone I will always look up to but she was an evangelical Christian and it's hard to get away from that or dismiss her apparent brainwashing. But that's how I was raised, everyone I know is religious and I pretend to not care and share that I don't believe like they do.

To answer your question, YES, it is all hearsay and concepts from a very ancient book that does not apply to modern times. It should be banned.
It is sad that you dismiss the power that pure and genuine belief in prayer can do. Your Grandmother had sadly wrong reasons for her strong belief, but the belief is what is determinative, NOT the reasons for it. She clearly was in touch with God. Sad that you have talked yourself out of belief in God just because the religious nonsense you were taught is false.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
You mean like God set let there be Torah ?.
God had to choose one people out of the world as an example, and those people are famous for being put into furnaces, they had to be who they were, and they had to be continously persecuted for one single reason, and why have Jews been persecuted all these years?

The Jews are the only ones brave enough to keep the same religion as Messiah, the world had to hate them because they wouldn't stop following God.

It's a cruel play in which God finds a way to make the world hate anyone who keeps the same religion as the Messiah spoken of in the prophets.

It's like the world doesn't have a choice, you couldn't make up this reality, what reality?

The reality of Christianity assuming that it has anything to do with God's covenant when the covenant and the people of the covenant are clear.

They are standing there for all to see and none will see them, who are they?

They are the only ones brave enough to practice the same religion that Jesus practiced, and I mean, observant Jews.

The truth is simple, but a veil is cast over the nations where they stand with a bible in their hand, while rejecting anyone brave enough to follow the religion of the bible.

It doesn't matter how many can read when the many believe a lie.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:04 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,556,775 times
Quote:
God had to choose one people out of the world as an example, and those people are famous for being put into furnaces, they had to be who they were, and they had to be continously persecuted for one single reason, and why have Jews been persecuted all these years?

The Jews are the only ones brave enough to keep the same religion as Messiah, the world had to hate them because they wouldn't stop following God.

It's a cruel play in which God finds a way to make the world hate anyone who keeps the same religion as the Messiah spoken of in the prophets.

It's like the world doesn't have a choice, you couldn't make up this reality, what reality?

The reality of Christianity assuming that it has anything to do with God's covenant when the covenant and the people of the covenant are clear.

They are the only ones brave enough to practice the same religion that Jesus practiced, and I mean, observant Jews.

The truth is simple, but a veil is cast over the nations where they stand with a bible in their hand, while rejecting anyone brave enough to follow the religion of the bible.

This is a All very nice Hanni, but please answer my question. You say the Torah is light....... When God said let there be light, the light God was referring to is the Torah A simple yes or no and a very brief explanation would be fine.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:08 PM

11,995 posts, read 3,854,131 times
Quote:
<Snip>

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture locked up all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to the ones believing.
Gal 3:23 But before the coming of faith, we were guarded under Law, having been locked up to the faith being about to be revealed.
Gal 3:24 So that the Law has become a trainer of us until Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But faith coming, we are no longer under a trainer;
Gal 3:26 for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many as were baptized into Christ, you put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is no slave nor freeman, there is no male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if you are of Christ, then you are a seed of Abraham, even heirs according to promise.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:18 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,593,255 times
Quote:
Look, I know you've always been on the see-saw of religion, not really sure what you believe.
Just to all who read that ......it's quit possible you have never even known anyone that
is more unshakeable and clear on what I believe. LOL That was funny.
I hold myself back here on what I think of organized religions!
Ok, carry on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity