Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 02:05 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,008,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Omega, you have had your questions answered even the ones you didn't ask me. Now could you kindly tell me why Jesus told those who DID perform miracles, cast out demons and prophesied were told by him I never knew you ?.
Your answer in #1574 was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 02:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,083,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
obviously to indicate that they were hypocrites; not to distance them from some group who said they were Christians. Unless you can think of a group of people who go around claiming miracles and exorcisms and Christ's Name that would not be considered "Christians."

It's describing the inner court realm of Pentecost and those who did not press in to enter into Tabernacles, who are cast back out into the outer court where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth for what they could have had. Peace

Old 09-23-2016, 02:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,987,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Why? It's a far better answer than your denial that they did what they said, of which there is NO evidence, and they CERTAINLY claimed Jesus as "Lord."

Old 09-23-2016, 02:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,987,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Important things are repeated often in the bible, and nothing is repeated more than salvation by faith.

Talking about agape love etc is nice, but it ends up being the legalistic way, and hypocritical if you talk about it, but can't walk it. Also, some people try too hard to appear "agape loving", and end up approving the wrong things. Will Jesus open the door to people who say "Lord, Lord, we promoted gay marriage and abortion IN YOUR NAME". I will let Jesus decide, but I have my doubts.
And you will notice that fundamentalists and reformed theologians carefully avoid saying what "Faith" consists of. Which reminds me, Finn. You said that it is NOT just an intellectual perception, what else DOES it consist of?

Old 09-23-2016, 02:45 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,440,185 times
Quote:
Whether it is wrong or not or what you want to hear or not you got your questioned answered from how i see it.

Now why don't you start answering the questions put to you?. i know i know you already have. It's funny sometimes i think you are vizio with your comments about "beliefs according to pcamps", then i think you are Finn Jarber who leads you on a wild goose chase claiming he's answered questions that he's clearly hasn't and is absolutely no help in showing where he supposedly answered them.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Explain why it is wrong rather than just saying it is wrong. Do you think you are able to do this ?.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ya, seems harsh, but hard to deny. Unfortunately, it seems that this can only be read by someone who has come out the other side, and can only be understood as condemnation to a fundie. I have come to see the conversation as one of attempting to convince a plantation owner that slavery is immoral; what is the point?
I think you are 100% right.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Give me the post number where you answered that question.
I have actually answered it twice. I will post both of them if you promise to answer unanswered questions . Deal ?

Old 09-23-2016, 03:13 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,845,040 times
Quote:
Give me the post number where you answered that question.
He never answers any questions, which is ironic given the fact that he'll repeat 25 times that you have not answered his questions, even if you have done so multiple times.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,488,286 times
Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision, nor un-circumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

It's in the evidence that is seen and observable, otherwise it is merely a belief.

Belief is the state of mind in which a person thinks something to be the case, with or without
there being empirical evidence to prove that something is the case with factual certainty.

A belief amounts to nothing more than an unsupported opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity