Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 07:24 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
You are right that we play no part in our salvation, but our part is not love, it is faith---without faith it is impossible to please God(Heb11"6). . Sanctification is also God's part(Heb 10:10). It was Jesus sacrifice that saved us and the Sabbath is a remidnedr of that(Ex 31:13).

Sanctification has nothing mto do with salvation or being holy. Sanctification basically means to "set aside." Christians are set aside to love God, to worship God, and to obey God, which includes loving others as our self. However man is not capable of agape love. That describes God's love for us and is defined in I Cor 13:4-8.
Very true: And without faith it is impossible to please God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 07:25 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,010,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And a work done out of love can NOT be both an example and an indication?
Sure it can. WE set examples by loving others. This example is an indication that we have faith.

Quote:
An indication is exactly what is meant in "by their fruit you shall know them."
right but the indication comes from the example of bearing fruit.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
There is absolutely NO indication that they were not doing the things they claimed to be doing. You are making up an excuse to protect your skewed vision of living in the Way even after I pointed out that Paul indicated the possibility of prophesying and holding faith without the single qualification required: love.
Then why did Jesus tell them they were practicing lawlessness, when they told Him what they were doing?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have never avoided answering anything on this forum. Why do you think those whom Jesus said prophesied, did miracles and cast out devils, did not actually do those things ?. Paul clearly taught in 1 corinthians 13 that things such as these could be done, but were not worthy of being noted unless they were done in love. So this should go a long way to telling you what Jesus meant by depart from me i never knew you.
You have avoided answering this question---When they told Jesus what they were doing, why did Jesus say they were practicing lawlessness?

Until you answer that question, don't expect any more replys from me.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Not to worry, your exposition has SOME chance of making him actually think about it.
Its too bad my question,which you have not answered, has not made you think about it.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:33 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times
Quote:
You have avoided answering this question---When they told Jesus what they were doing, why did Jesus say they were practicing lawlessness?

Until you answer that question, don't expect any more replys from me.
Could you show me where you asked me this question?. I have the answer ready to paste and post.

You have decided on no more replies because you have no answers.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He's convinced himself(just like Finn, Vizio and hamfan) that any form of works performed by someone other than those who profess they're born again christian(who for the best part have no idea what it means), is performed by them to earn a pass to heaven, the same pass they believe is given to them by simply parroting a sinners prayer before God.
This is not about works. It is about Jesus' answer to those who claimed to be doing things in Jesus name.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Then why did Jesus tell them they were practicing lawlessness, when they told Him what they were doing?
faith is not something bible fundamentalists own.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
This is not about works. It is about Jesus' answer to those who claimed to be doing things in Jesus name.
Why would anyone claim they did something they didn't do?, you are twisting the scriptures to make it fit with your argument. Paul too clearly taught great things by faith could be performed but were worthless if not done in love.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Why do you think those who were performing miracles, prophesying and casting out demons were said to be practicing lawlessness by Jesus ? Hang on a minute, you believe Jesus was making it up that they were doing those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity