Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM

598 posts, read 358,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You are really giving yourself and telegraphing your agenda. Can God - or the Bible claims rather - pass the human litmus test? Not by a long chalk. And a true church is one so self deluded that it can see miracles where it wants to see them. The fact is that there is a lot of self -delusion, fakery and confirmation -bias. But even if miracle -healings were true, that would not prove that a god was doing it.
Spoken as a typical naysayer, even the best of you guys sound just like the next one

They may have dog and pony shows on TV ministries but the truth is a real miracles cannot be duped by man nor proven by man, Truth is all that can be done is rule out any other known action that could produce the same spontaneous result as only a miracle can do.

With the removal of anything man made, or anything possible and understood by man, should be sufficient for most persons to give credit to God other than someone such as yourself who lives in a state of denial.

I used to live in denial but one day when I was not even engaged in anything dangerous such as what I was known for doing; on the freeway and at 65 MPH or so, I rear ended a stalled low-boy tractor trailer with a large piece of earth moving equipment on it for transportation. By the time the paramedics were radioing the FHP dispatch to tell them I had just flatlined, I was already out of my body wishing everyone would slow down before they ruined the first time I had ever experienced true peace up until I found myself standing in a place of judgment while different books were being opened and closed in front of me.

After something like 15 to 20 minutes had passed (so I was told) I came back to life as we know it while some man was rubbing oil on my chest that I thought had something to do with the battery powered jump starters I had watched them trying on me earlier. Long story short it was 5 more years before I found out everything I had experienced on the other side is recorded in the end of the Bible as the resurrection of the dead where the obvious is you have to die before you can attend it. After another 5 years went by I found out that the man rubbing the oil on my chest was doing the same as the NT apostles did when praying for God to raise someone up from the dead. I have talked to some the persons involved including the ambulance dispatcher who spoke of this man showing up after the call went out I had died, but nobody knows what became of him although we had a short conversation together before arriving at the trauma unit. If I ever get to meet him I have a lot I would like to talk to him about

I did have exposure to sunday school as a child but nothing like what I witnessed on the other side. Plus, what my parents church taught was the opposite of what I had witnessed after being declared dead by both man and machine. However, even if there had been any type of subconscious playback at work I would have expected something to be played out along the line of Buddhism because of my sensei's considerable influence over me.

After of life of fun mixed with a lot of danger for the first 50 years, I was finally on the path laid out for me by God. Nowadays, witnessing more of what I myself have experienced and shared above is just more reasons to give thanks and glory to God. I wish everyone could experience what I have in this life but the good news is eventually the vast majority will get it right (virgins without number) if not in this life, then in the life that follows this one........... something you will never hear many other Christians say to you

Old 10-14-2015, 11:25 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Spoken as a typical naysayer, even the best of you guys sound just like the next one

They may have dog and pony shows on TV ministries but the truth is a real miracles cannot be duped by man nor proven by man, Truth is all that can be done is rule out any other known action that could produce the same spontaneous result as only a miracle can do.

With the removal of anything man made, or anything possible and understood by man, should be sufficient for most persons to give credit to God other than someone such as yourself who lives in a state of denial.

I used to live in denial but one day when I was not even engaged in anything dangerous such as what I was known for doing; on the freeway and at 65 MPH or so, I rear ended a stalled low-boy tractor trailer with a large piece of earth moving equipment on it for transportation. By the time the paramedics were radioing the FHP dispatch to tell them I had just flatlined, I was already out of my body wishing everyone would slow down before they ruined the first time I had ever experienced true peace up until I found myself standing in a place of judgment while different books were being opened and closed in front of me.

After something like 15 to 20 minutes had passed (so I was told) I came back to life as we know it while some man was rubbing oil on my chest that I thought had something to do with the battery powered jump starters I had watched them trying on me earlier. Long story short it was 5 more years before I found out everything I had experienced on the other side is recorded in the end of the Bible as the resurrection of the dead where the obvious is you have to die before you can attend it. After another 5 years went by I found out that the man rubbing the oil on my chest was doing the same as the NT apostles did when praying for God to raise someone up from the dead. I have talked to some the persons involved including the ambulance dispatcher who spoke of this man showing up after the call went out I had died, but nobody knows what became of him although we had a short conversation together before arriving at the trauma unit. If I ever get to meet him I have a lot I would like to talk to him about

I did have exposure to sunday school as a child but nothing like what I witnessed on the other side. Plus, what my parents church taught was the opposite of what I had witnessed after being declared dead by both man and machine. However, even if there had been any type of subconscious playback at work I would have expected something to be played out along the line of Buddhism because of my sensei's considerable influence over me.

After of life of fun mixed with a lot of danger for the first 50 years, I was finally on the path laid out for me by God. Nowadays, witnessing more of what I myself have experienced and shared above is just more reasons to give thanks and glory to God. I wish everyone could experience what I have in this life but the good news is eventually the vast majority will get it right (virgins without number) if not in this life, then in the life that follows this one........... something you will never hear many other Christians say to you
Wow that is wacky.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:51 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:

Yeah I've heard it before "I used to be an atheist like you...until..." Look, I can say the same sort of thing about my life - though I haven't a Died and was resurrected story to tell. But it makes no difference to what we were actually talking about - which is that the gospels do not stand up as reliable testimony. You can only find that out by studying the text, not by trying to validate them through the backdoor with miracle -healing anecdotes.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Yeah I've heard it before "I used to be an atheist like you...until..." Look, I can say the same sort of thing about my life - though I haven't a Died and was resurrected story to tell. But it makes no difference to what we were actually talking about - which is that the gospels do not stand up as reliable testimony. You can only find that out by studying the text, not by trying to validate them through the backdoor with miracle -healing anecdotes.
When it comes to studying the text I am light years ahead of you. I have book centered on how to use the OT laws for determining the truth of the scriptures that is same method used by Paul and the others to discern the OT mysteries, as well as for their writings appearing within the NT that contain the answers to the mysteries spoken of by Paul but hidden in the same manner as God did with the OT law and words of the prophets. I do not care how much you or anyone else has studied old manuscripts and texts because without anyone first learning the guidelines for how to implement the words of Isaiah in his 28th chapter that is the chapter on who will learn knowledge, they will not even get passed the introductory basics before going down a rabbit trail that only leads to more rabbit trails.

This manner of study has never been divulged by anyone before my book was published which contributes to why the church has said the bad things they have about the book and myself. When one mainline church invited me in to share the testimony I posted earlier in the healing thread I thought maybe things were looking up.

Unfortunately the pastor used the testimony of God's miracle of healing me from cancer to enhance his offering collection for that day......... bummer for me but worse for him as God forbids miracles being used towards financial gain with the penalty being a curse on all of the family of the person collecting the financial benefit.......... BTW, this is how you can be sure all dog and pony miracle shows you see on TV are just that and nothing more.

Last edited by Livelystone; 10-14-2015 at 02:43 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately the pastor used the testimony of God's miracle of healing me from cancer to enhance his offering collection for that day......... bummer for me
Hey, you gotta admire his ability to take advantage of the gullible, at least.

Quote:
but worse for him as God forbids miracles being used towards financial gain with the penalty being a curse on all of the family of the person collecting the financial benefit..........
Hey, whatever makes you feel better.

Quote:
BTW, this is how you can be sure all dog and pony miracle shows you see on TV are just that and nothing more.
Of course!

Old 10-14-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

Of course!
So why don't you ask your father why His church does not have miracles?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:19 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
The title of Bishop alone is another bogus destinction . You have to ignore fraudulent goofey religiously
titled manipulators of faith. There is an under current a demonic force related to these sinled out
otherwise unnoticed extremists. . They are such a minority of baloney just don't embellious freak shows!

Old 10-15-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
So why don't you ask your father why His church does not have miracles?
I'll suggest a miracle program. It would probably bring in more money.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I'll suggest a miracle program. It would probably bring in more money.
Insulting your father will not end well

Why not ask why he does not ever see any real miracles........ a lot of churches claim them but never have real ones because none of them are worshiping God in truth and in spirit (if they were they would be seeing miracles that could be verified like mine is (are) through medical records)

Old 10-15-2015, 08:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
When it comes to studying the text I am light years ahead of you. I have book centered on how to use the OT laws for determining the truth of the scriptures that is same method used by Paul and the others to discern the OT mysteries, as well as for their writings appearing within the NT that contain the answers to the mysteries spoken of by Paul but hidden in the same manner as God did with the OT law and words of the prophets. I do not care how much you or anyone else has studied old manuscripts and texts because without anyone first learning the guidelines for how to implement the words of Isaiah in his 28th chapter that is the chapter on who will learn knowledge, they will not even get passed the introductory basics before going down a rabbit trail that only leads to more rabbit trails.

This manner of study has never been divulged by anyone before my book was published which contributes to why the church has said the bad things they have about the book and myself. When one mainline church invited me in to share the testimony I posted earlier in the healing thread I thought maybe things were looking up.

Unfortunately the pastor used the testimony of God's miracle of healing me from cancer to enhance his offering collection for that day......... bummer for me but worse for him as God forbids miracles being used towards financial gain with the penalty being a curse on all of the family of the person collecting the financial benefit.......... BTW, this is how you can be sure all dog and pony miracle shows you see on TV are just that and nothing more.
I have but one comment...If you think that the methods of Paul in mangling and fiddling the OT in order to make his case is a good example of how to get to the truth of the NT from the Old, then I have absolutely NOTHING to learn from you about Bible text understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.