Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 06:45 AM

1,382 posts, read 773,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Oh, nice. Another Christian extremist making false claims (certain Christians want to bring Sharia law to the U.S.) and claiming everyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do is a hell-bound anti-Christ
Dear den,
The professed "Christian", who is currently going by the name Obama, and who presides over the Federal prison system, as chief executive, has made the Federal prisons Sharia compliant. No pork served in federal prisons.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...deral-prisons/

Old 10-14-2015, 07:57 AM

598 posts, read 360,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear den,
The professed "Christian", who is currently going by the name Obama, and who presides over the Federal prison system, as chief executive, has made the Federal prisons Sharia compliant. No pork served in federal prisons.
Prisons are about lowering overhead but with two significant religions outlawing pork (Judaism, Islam) and Christians who chose to follow Torah requirements as well as may who do not eat pork for health reasons, serving pork causes more expense and hassles than the cheaper price is worth pursuing.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
What makes you think they are reliable witnesses (or reporters) and never mind the glaring discreapancies and contradictions (which is why I say they don't stack up) were you there ?
Have you ever seen a police case file that has the differnt personal accounts of eye witnesses of the same event?.......... it would be a good education for you

Whenever you have four accounts of the same event with two accounts not being eyewitness, the only way they would all say the same thing would be if they rehearsed it all together before revealing any of them

No offense but you sound as if you have personal axe to grind against the Bible and are making it your crusade

Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,341,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Have you ever seen a police case file that has the differnt personal accounts of eye witnesses of the same event?.......... it would be a good education for you

Whenever you have four accounts of the same event with two accounts not being eyewitness, the only way they would all say the same thing would be if they rehearsed it all together before revealing any of them

No offense but you sound as if you have personal axe to grind against the Bible and are making it your crusade
No offense but you sound like a typical non-critical-thinking apologist.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No offense but you sound like a typical non-critical-thinking apologist.
and how well do you think your discernment is and can it past God's litmus test?

Ever known a typical non-critical-thinking apologists followed with signs and wonders such as post#4 here......https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...nderstand.html

This is the only sign of a healthy church who passes God's litmus test for if the person(s) are worshipping God in a manner that is pleasing to Him

As I say to all of the churches everywhere, when you learn to worship in spirit and in truth, signs and wonders will follow your ministry just as they have throughout history whenever persons whose hearts are right before God when they appear before Him making supplications

Until then everyone needs to get the best health insurance they can afford

Last edited by Livelystone; 10-14-2015 at 09:16 AM..

Old 10-14-2015, 09:08 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,402,522 times
Quote:
Dear mens a guy,
When Jenner sleeps with a woman, is he/she a female or a male? And is she/he a lesbian, if he/she slept with another female? In today's twisted world, maybe precision is required. Are men guys, or are you being redundant?
That's along the lines I was thinking. It is really hard to cover all your bases in the PC world. Anything goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
A dead church is difficult to judge without first slapping my face with a white ( yet ostentatious) glove!
Here is what I think for what it's worth.

A church full of lukewarmness ( in fairness at least they came)
A church that systematically avoids end-times ( the philosophy of the pastor...what the little lambs don't know won't hurt them = happy happy stupid
A church that structures hyms then sermon then parking lot for the stiff necks.
A church that bases their doctrine on what they think instead of the word
I just always say "whatever it takes to get butts in the seats" seems to go. I did search a couple of years ago for a church that had the beliefs that I was brought up to believe, one where you "lived" your religion and celebrated it on Sunday. What I learned from the grandson's of the minister (my grandpa's cousin) was that it was a unique church, they gave me the historical ministries that the church was modeled after and said I would never find anything like it today.

The minister had broken away from the Church of the Brethren in the 1950s because he felt they were becoming too liberal. Boy, wouldn't the world today blow him away. He formed "The People's Church".

Churches are too often more of a social organization which is a death sentence that they brought upon themselves.

I feel that God is everywhere and that the wonders of the world are worth celebrating everyday, not just one day a week.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,339,922 times
Quote:
Dear den,
So... federal prisons stopped serving pork mainly because prisoners don't like it (so they were wasting money), and they make the odd religious exception for a minority of inmates. And you jump to "Obama is a Muslim forcing Sharia law on the U.S." lol! Is your tin foil hat shined and ready?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:14 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,339,922 times
Wow. The crazies are really out in this one!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,341,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Wow. The crazies are really out in this one!
This section of CD is kind of a haven for them.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:20 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,940,505 times
Quote:
and how well do you think your discernment is and can it past God's litmus test?

Ever known a typical non-critical-thinking apologists followed with signs and wonders such as post#4 here......https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...nderstand.html

This is the only sign of a healthy church who passes God's litmus test for if the person(s) are worshipping God in a manner that is pleasing to Him

As I say to all of the churches everywhere, when you learn to worship in spirit and in truth, signs and wonders will follow your ministry just as they have throughout history whenever persons whose hearts are right before God when they appear before Him making supplications

Until then everyone needs to get the best health insurance they can afford
You are really giving yourself and telegraphing your agenda. Can God - or the Bible claims rather - pass the human litmus test? Not by a long chalk. And a true church is one so self deluded that it can see miracles where it wants to see them. The fact is that there is a lot of self -delusion, fakery and confirmation -bias. But even if miracle -healings were true, that would not prove that a god was doing it.
Quote:

I'm well aware of the argument from witness discrepancy, but there are limits as to how discrepant they can be before they are declared unreliable. To ignore that is to sound like someone who has a personal axe to grind in waving away any objections to the Gospel claims which they are making it their personal crusade to defend against any questions or doubts. That is made plain by the not very original but rather crafty 'agreement would be collusion' ploy. That is arguing that slight disagreement is actually evidence of veracity.

Pardon me, but slight disagreement does not cut it. There are wild and glaring discrepancies and even demonstrable evidence of fiddling. To not be aware of them is perhaps forgivable, but to see them explained and then find excuses and pretexts for dismissing them is prima facie evidence of people who are not interested in facts but in faith.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-14-2015 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity