Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,221,381 times

Advertisements

In Christ, there is an endless hope, and NOT a hopeless end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 06:07 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,351,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
One more time.....because not EVERYONE is going to accept Him as Savior.
Evidently you believe that the confession of every being, in every dimension of our Father's world (celestial, terrestial and subterrean is by rote or perfunctory genuflections. And, the bowing of the knee by those same dimensions is not in kampto worship by the action of forced slaves. I have glorious news for you. Every being, in every dimension of the universe, ultimately bows in worship and praise and celebration, and in union with the Name of all names, and to the great glory of the Father! Both homologeo and exomologeo manifest that fact in clear declaration.

Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

kavmptw = bow=

Used of worshippers.
To bow one's self.

Confess= ejxomologevw

Confess/ profess.

A. To acknowledge openly and joyfully.

B. To celebrate/ to give praise to.

Exomologeo Rooted In oJmologevw

oJmologevw=

To confess/ declare.

A. To profess/ declare openly and freely.

B. To profess one's self the worshipper of one.

C. To praise and celebrate.

"Hina en onomo lesous pas gonu kampto epouranios kai epigeious kai katachthonios kai pas glossa hoti lesous Christos kurios eis doxa Theos Pater"

In the Name/ Within the Name -Jonathan Mitchell Greek N.T.-

Quote:
. For this reason, God also lifts Him up above (highly exalts Him; elevates Him over) and by grace gives to Him (graces on Him) the Name -- the one over and above every name! --

10. to the end that within The Name: Jesus! (or: in the name of {or: belonging to} Jesus), EVERY KNEE -- of the men upon the heavens (of those belonging to the super-heavens) and of the men existing upon the earth and of the men dwelling down under the ground (or: pertaining to subterranean ones) -- may bend (should bow) in worship or prayer,

11. and EVERY TONGUE may speak out the same thing (should openly agree, confess and acclaim) that Jesus Christ Lord <= Yahweh?> -- into glory of Father God (or: unto Father God's reputation)!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:16 PM

Calling Dr. Robertson, calling Dr. Robertson.

Robertson Word Pictures Of The New Testament

HERE

Philippians 2:10

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampshi).

First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina.

Quote:
Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.
Under the earth (kataxtoniwn).

Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T.

"I heard every creature – in heaven, on earth, under the earth, in the sea, and all that is in them – singing: "To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be praise, honor, glory, and ruling power forever and ever!"

Revelation 5:13 Robertson New Testament Word Pictures

Every created thing= pan ktisma.

Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from ktizw, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4; James 1:18), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse 3, with on the sea epi thv talasshv added).

Quote:
No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (ktisiv) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption. If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM

23,024 posts, read 34,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Evidently you believe that the confession of every being, in every dimension of our Father's world (celestial, terrestial and subterrean is by rote or perfunctory genuflections. And, the bowing of the knee by those same dimensions is not in kampto worship by the action of forced slaves. I have glorious news for you. Every being, in every dimension of the universe, ultimately bows in worship and praise and celebration, and in union with the Name of all names, and to the great glory of the Father! Both homologeo and exomologeo manifest that fact in clear declaration.

[/b]
What I believe is Jude 1:7"And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and are a warning of the eternal fire that will punish all who are evil".
Matthew 7:13-14 "You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad and its gate is wide for the many who choose the easy way. But the gateway to life is small and the road is narrow and only a few ever find it".
I do believe that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord just it says in Phil 2:10, but for those who have rejected Him it will be too late. I believe people who reject Jesus will face eternal separation from Him.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
What I believe is Jude 1:7"And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and are a warning of the eternal fire that will punish all who are evil".
So then every knee bowing in surrender to the Master is not in willing worship, praise and celebration?

There are over 20 distinct words for destruction in the Old Covenant and I want to assure you that life and transformation is linked with many of them.

The punishment of the Father of all fathers is not merely correction: it is correction that improves, changes, transforms for the better. Our God punishes with an objective in view, not as an end in itself!

There are dual aspects to our Father's Realm as shown in the following....

Tamiym/ 'ymt means to be consumed, destroyed, exhausted and spent, but also to be finished and made sound.

Kalal has the same meaning, linking destruction, being spent, exhausted, as well as to be finished and made sound.

Tamam, the root word of Tamiym means to be finished, complete, summed up, made whole: linked with to be consumed, exhausted, spent and destroyed.

Shalam/ ~IX, another expression of destruction, has the scope of being finished and ended, made good or whole, & being made sound, coupled with to be restored.

Shebar, rooted in Shabar, means breakout, and being brought to birth; and underlying new birth and breakout? To be crushed and broken. Again there is dual meaning in our Lord's words of destruction and re-creation.

Chalowph

The destructive Hebrew word Chalowph is rooted in being altered, renewed, changed, and to sprout again. It should also be noted that this is not just change, but change for the better.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I do believe that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord just it says in Phil 2:10, but for those who have rejected Him it will be too late. I believe people who reject Jesus will face eternal separation from Him.
Search= "eternal separation"

Quote:
Your search query for 'eternal separation' has yielded no results. Please modify your query and try again.
Lover of N.Carolina: The language of the Koine Greek is quite clear. Every being in the celestial, terrestial and in the graves, (under the earth), will ultimately proclaim in union with the Name of all names & in celebration praise and willing worship...."You are Lord."

Quote:
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Fitted= katartivzw

Katartivizw =

To render, to fit, sound, complete.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair.

To complete.

To fit out. To equip.

To put in order. To arrange. To adjust.

To fit, or frame, prepare for one's self.

To strengthen. To perfect. To complete.

To make one what he ought to be.

Wow! Our Father has vessels that are heading for destruction, and linked with destruction is transformation. What God breaks and rends, he repairs...let's call it the Repair of all repairs. And the Repair job encompasses fitting and framing and preparing one for Himself. He destroys, He breaks, He rends: to what end? To perfect & complete, to put in order, to arrange & to adjust. And the final adjustment is to make one what he aught to be! This may not thrill you and I, and Joe down the block , but this is the God to whom the ends of the world are coming.

And lest one thinks our God destroys only vessels of wrath, think again. There is one way only into the Tree of Life, and it is by way of the flaming swords of the Lord swirling in every direction. And the promise, yes promise, is that if you save your life, you will destroy it, but if you destroy your life for Me, you will save it. Welcome to the Lord Jesus Christ.

-Vladimir M. Gelesnoff-

Quote:
The current Evangelical Theology involves in its system belief in the deathlessness of sin, the indestructibility of error, and permanence of evil. That though there was a time in the history of the universe when sin in any shape or form did not exist, when no cry of pain or sense of guilt darkened the all-extensive bliss and holiness of creation, yet since sin has once effected an entrance into such a scene, it has come in never to go out again, indestructible, unconquerable, ineradicable, endless. Absolute happiness and sinlessness have forever vanished like the phantom of a dream. The 'eternal state' is a universe endlessly finding room for myriads of souls rolling and writhing in the burning agonies of ceaseless flame, eternally sinful, vile and morally hideous. It pictures the "final perfection" yet to be attained as having room for a vast cesspool of immoral and degraded beings, continually existing in opposition to God.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 PM

23,024 posts, read 34,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
So then every knee bowing in surrender to the Master is not in willing worship, praise and celebration?

There are over 20 distinct words for destruction in the Old Covenant and I want to assure you that life and transformation is linked with many of them.

The punishment of the Father of all fathers is not merely correction: it is correction that improves, changes, transforms for the better. Our God punishes with an objective in view, not as an end in itself!

There are dual aspects to our Father's Realm as shown in the following....

Tamiym/ 'ymt means to be consumed, destroyed, exhausted and spent, but also to be finished and made sound.

Kalal has the same meaning, linking destruction, being spent, exhausted, as well as to be finished and made sound.

Tamam, the root word of Tamiym means to be finished, complete, summed up, made whole: linked with to be consumed, exhausted, spent and destroyed.

Shalam/ ~IX, another expression of destruction, has the scope of being finished and ended, made good or whole, & being made sound, coupled with to be restored.

Shebar, rooted in Shabar, means breakout, and being brought to birth; and underlying new birth and breakout? To be crushed and broken. Again there is dual meaning in our Lord's words of destruction and re-creation.

Chalowph

The destructive Hebrew word Chalowph is rooted in being altered, renewed, changed, and to sprout again. It should also be noted that this is not just change, but change for the better.
See post 154

Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM

37 posts, read 103,922 times
Notice the verse from the Old Testament that Paul was quoting in Phil. 2 and we will understand through context whether this universal “bowing and confessing” will be unto salvation or just God making them cry “Uncle” before He casts them to Hell.

Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

In particular, I want to focus on three points:

(1) God states the purpose of this bowing and confessing as “Look unto me and be saved”.
(2) This includes “all the ends of the earth”.
(3) God has sworn by Himself that this will happen. In other words, He has Sovereignly declared that this will happen and He will cause it to happen. Such strong language indicates that no man or demon will be able to prevent His will in this from coming to pass.

Praise God for it.

John

Old 02-06-2008, 08:28 PM

5,496 posts, read 7,350,804 times
There appears to be articulate, passionate, and sincere opinions on both sides of this issue.

But as Christians, whose purpose is to be like Christ ( with God's help ),
what is the big issue for us?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,504,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
Notice the verse from the Old Testament that Paul was quoting in Phil. 2 and we will understand through context whether this universal “bowing and confessing” will be unto salvation or just God making them cry “Uncle” before He casts them to Hell.

Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

In particular, I want to focus on three points:

(1) God states the purpose of this bowing and confessing as “Look unto me and be saved”.
(2) This includes “all the ends of the earth”.
(3) God has sworn by Himself that this will happen. In other words, He has Sovereignly declared that this will happen and He will cause it to happen. Such strong language indicates that no man or demon will be able to prevent His will in this from coming to pass.

Praise God for it.

John
Absolutely John,we know that God does not lie. The bible is crystal clear about God`s love and the theme of the bible is the restoration of God`s creation. The verses are many and powerful to that truth. But God has allowed satan to blind a lot of the church to this simple truth. Just like he allowed blindess to come over the Jews, so it is with the modern church. Satan would love for everyone to believe this God of love will actually burn his creation for all of eternity. Actually allow his creation to burn alive FOREVER and to be forgotten by their loved ones..all in the name of God and his justice. That is what has led many to be turned away from the gospel because they were beat over the head with a FALSE gospel and that is the aim of satan. It`s sad really, that so called christians believe some of their parents and children will burn FOREVER in some torment and be forgotten. How cruel and sadistic.But yet, these are believers in God that actually adhere to this and in the process profain God`s love and turn millions from him. The good news is that God is sovereign and he will at an appointed time put an end to this false gospel and show the world that he truly is a God of love and the world will mourn knowing how they trampled on that love. We know that MANY are called but FEW are chosen. We also know that Jesus said MANY(christians) will say to me in that day Lord Lord and he will say depart from me. I believe it will be the church(the many and the called) and the people who proclaim this false gospel. The people (the few) whom he has called out of the church are the ones,I believe, who are proclaiming the true gospel of God`s love and mercy. The one s who are telling the lost about the real good news of God`s love and showing them this God of torture is not the God of the bible and the sovereign God of the universe who created you and loves you. HE WILL, bring you home and restore you to your FATHER...PRAISE GOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity