Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times

Advertisements

Northern Matt,
Not one of the ancient philosophers ever existed if Christ never existed. All you have is faith those philosophers ever existed.

All their works and such were just planted to make you think they existed.

Two can play this game.

Why don't you go back to your atheist board and have fun with your own unbelievers? We don't need you here bashing the truth.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
This I understand. They fail to accept any evidence, no matter how substantial the volume the of the evidence and the quality (Not sure that's the right word, I'm drawing blanks) of the evidence provided.
Oh please! You have actual scientific evidence the Ark never existed?
Please provide your "proof." Geesh!

Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I disagree. I'm also a Bible literalist and it doesn't mean I deserve to be called stupid or uneducated. This is the point I'm making.
This needs repeated. Good post daylux!

I'm with you on this. Of course Noah literally built a huge ark and the earth literally was destroyed by water. Even Jesus took the historic account as literal. I stand on the shoulders of these great men of God:

Mat_24:37 For even as the days of Noah, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind."

Mat_24:38 For as they were in those days before the deluge, masticating and drinking and marrying and taking in marriage until the day on which Noah entered into the ark,

Luk_3:36 of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Shem, of Noah, of Lamech,

Luk_17:26 And according as it occurred in the days of Noah, thus will it be in the days of the Son of Mankind also."

Luk_17:27 They ate, they drank, they married, they took out in marriage, until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and the deluge came and destroys them all."

Heb_11:7 By faith Noah, being apprized concerning that which is not as yet being observed, being pious, constructs an ark for the salvation of his house, through which he condemns the world, and became an enjoyer of the allotment of the righteousness which accords with faith."

1Pe_3:20 He heralds to those once stubborn, when the patience of God awaited in the days of Noah while the ark was being constructed, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were brought safely through water,

2Pe_2:5 and spares not the ancient world, but guards Noah, an eighth, a herald of righteousness, bringing a deluge on the world of the irreverent;"

Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,836,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
This I understand. They fail to accept any evidence, no matter how substantial the volume the of the evidence and the quality (Not sure that's the right word, I'm drawing blanks) of the evidence provided.
Obstinacy in error, or holding ideas axiomatically.

Obstinacy in opinions holds the dogmatist in the chains of error, without hope of emancipation.
- Joseph Glanvill

or are you looking for a word for the substantial volume? Boatload?

Old 01-14-2014, 02:49 PM

591 posts, read 927,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Oh please! You have actual scientific evidence the Ark never existed?
Please provide your "proof." Geesh!
Have you heard the phrase, 'Burden of proof'? Here is an image to help you understand.

So, now you understand, it isn't for me to prove it never existed, it's for you to prove it existed.

Just for fun though, I have provided evidence in this very thread that the Ark in question false. When another one you all believe pops up, I'll do the same. It would take me an awfully long time to prove that every boat, ship or rock formation that looked like an Ark was false. To make it easier for you though, the evidence is on comment 16 at the bottom of the comment. From 10 days a go. Yet this thread continues.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 PM

Just as I thought Northern Matt, you have no scientific proof Jesus never existed or Noah's ark never existed. All you have are cartoons.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Obstinacy in error, or holding ideas axiomatically.

Obstinacy in opinions holds the dogmatist in the chains of error, without hope of emancipation.
- Joseph Glanvill

or are you looking for a word for the substantial volume? Boatload?
There are two points:

1. The volume of evidence. (Many sources)
2. Quality of evidence. (Sources ((From 1 to infinate)), with quality facts and evidence).

Old 01-14-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Just as I thought Northern Matt, you have no scientific proof Jesus never existed or Noah's ark never existed. All you have are cartoons.
Did you read the post? Comment 16 proves your second point.

Also, learn what 'burden of proof' is. The burden of proof is on you to prove it,, not for me to disprove it. You say they're real, show me the evidence!

You seem to be attempting to take a high ground. One you can't reach. You're laughable

Old 01-14-2014, 02:58 PM

Also, the cartoons are a way to simple things down for you, as writing it doesn't seem to stick.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:00 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,239,838 times
Quote:
This needs repeated. Good post daylux!

I'm with you on this. Of course Noah literally built a huge ark and the earth literally was destroyed by water. Even Jesus took the historic account as literal. I stand on the shoulders of these great men of God:

Mat_24:37 For even as the days of Noah, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind."

Mat_24:38 For as they were in those days before the deluge, masticating and drinking and marrying and taking in marriage until the day on which Noah entered into the ark,

Luk_3:36 of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Shem, of Noah, of Lamech,

Luk_17:26 And according as it occurred in the days of Noah, thus will it be in the days of the Son of Mankind also."

Luk_17:27 They ate, they drank, they married, they took out in marriage, until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and the deluge came and destroys them all."

Heb_11:7 By faith Noah, being apprized concerning that which is not as yet being observed, being pious, constructs an ark for the salvation of his house, through which he condemns the world, and became an enjoyer of the allotment of the righteousness which accords with faith."

1Pe_3:20 He heralds to those once stubborn, when the patience of God awaited in the days of Noah while the ark was being constructed, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were brought safely through water,

2Pe_2:5 and spares not the ancient world, but guards Noah, an eighth, a herald of righteousness, bringing a deluge on the world of the irreverent;"
The Bible is so amazing in it's depth. These verses remind me of my current study. I'm doing a study in Revelation and a comparison is made between Noah's family during the flood and the 144,000 during the tribulation. They each represent truth, God, and light in a time of darkness, troubles and judgment.

Also, a comparison is made between Enoch and the church, as like Enoch was spared the flood, the church will be spared the tribulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity