Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:51 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times

Advertisements

I haven't watched the entire video yet, but it seems legit to me. Unfortunately, we can't go look for ourselves because of how unstable the Middle East is. However, they did set up a tourist building. The liberal media won't touch this one. See for yourself and I would love to hear what Christians think.

Noah

The video is towards the bottom in the comments section. It's two hours long. It's also an interesting read on what archeologists have found to be the ark on Mt. Ararat in Turkey.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I haven't watched the entire video yet, but it seems legit to me. Unfortunately, we can't go look for ourselves because of how unstable the Middle East is. However, they did set up a tourist building. The liberal media won't touch this one. See for yourself and I would love to hear what Christians think.

Noah
I'm looking forward to reading the responses too.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
I'd love for it to be true. I will remain skeptical until I see solid evidence -- it actually being dug up.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:15 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd love for it to be true. I will remain skeptical until I see solid evidence -- it actually being dug up.
It wasn't Mt. Arrarat in Turkey...

Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The actual boat is found in the mountains of Ararat, but anchors, boat artifacts, and other parts of the ship were found along a trail leading up. This leads them to believe that the boat had been relocated by several volcano eruptions over the years to a lower level.

It's interesting that they found ship artifacts around 6000 feet elevation, roughly the area where the Bible states the Ark landed. I'm going to remain skeptical like Vizio, but I'm still hopeful.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:39 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
The actual boat is found in the mountains of Ararat, but anchors, boat artifacts, and other parts of the ship were found along a trail leading up. This leads them to believe that the boat had been relocated by several volcano eruptions over the years to a lower level.
It's interesting that they found ship artifacts around 6000 feet elevation, roughly the area where the Bible states the Ark landed. I'm going to remain skeptical like Vizio, but I'm still hopeful.
As I recall from past reports that sea shells were also found up around the Ark area.

Also, many years ago I saw old film clip footage [ taken before the Turkey ban ] and because the one level of the Ark was split off and resting on a lower level they took sample pieces of the blackened wood besides the old grainy reel footage.

Either way, found or not found, we are to ' walk by faith not by sight ' meaning our beliefs are based on Scripture.
- 2nd Corinthians 5 v 7

Unlike unbelievers that have No lasting future hope, believers can be hope filled about a lasting future as Noah was [Hebrews 11 v 6 ] along with all of the rest of those believers listed in Hebrews chapter 11 who looked forward to the promise [ Hebrews 11 vs 13,39 ] . That promise that God made to father Abraham that all families and all nations of earth will be blessed [ Genesis 12 v 3; 22 v 18; Rev. 22 v 2 ] Blessed with the healing or curing of earth's nations through Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over earth when all of mankind will get to know the details about the Ark.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:

It was a mountain in Armenia...

Old 01-04-2014, 12:17 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Default Noah's Ark Has Been Found?

Not again! Rifleman . . . come back! Jaymax . . . our dear departed rifleman needs your skills here.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:24 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ararat [the one spelled with one r and one t ] is the name applied to the region, and the mountain range, in what is now eastern Turkey. Eastern Turkey that lies close to the borders of Iran and the USSR. - Genesis 8 v 4

Old 01-04-2014, 01:21 PM

A couple interesting excerpts from the video:

1. There are dozens of 7 feet tall stones with holes near the top with etchings of 8 crosses and eight figures. These are thought to be the anchors holding the ship in place, and the 8 crosses and figures etched in the rocks were said to have been done by locals centuries following because the style of the crosses were crusades style from the 1200s. The rocks with the etchings are in the video.

2. The area where the artifacts were located was called by the locals during the crusades "place of the eight" and the mountain was called "doomsday mountain."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity