Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times

Advertisements

I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
<snip>

We were bought with a price by the One who buried the treasure of the Spirit within us.
<snip>
In the parable, this One is represented by the man who bought the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
<snip>

If the man himself was the field, why did he have to sell everything to purchase it (himself)?

The parable says the man has to do something to obtain the field, and only then it is his.

So you believe that you are the one who buried the treasure of the Spirit/Kingdom within yourself? And you are the one in the 1 Cor 6:19-20 passage who bought you with a price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
So you believe that you are the one who buried the treasure of the Spirit/Kingdom within yourself? And you are the one in the 1 Cor 6:19-20 passage who bought you with a price?
Where did I say that?

The man who discoveres the treasure, is us, not Jesus. You think Jesus just happened to stumble upon the Kingdom Of Heaven? Jesus and the Gospel is the treasure, and you are the man who can have Him if you want.

Does it make sense to you that Jesus first hid the treasure and then "discovered" it? No, He always knew where the KOH was because He is a part of it. He didn't have to discover it, He came here to tell us about it, and help us find it. Jesus told us to seek: Matt 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-18-2012 at 10:11 AM..

Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
So, why did he hide it?
So what did you mean by this Finn ?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what did you mean by this Finn ?
It is a fairly simple question. Why did the man hide the treasure again? It is the topic of the thread.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Where did I say that?

The man who discoveres the treasure, is us, not Jesus. You think Jesus just happened tp stumble upon the Kingdom Of Heaven? Jesus and the Gospel is the treasure, and you are the man who can have Him if you want.

Does it make sense to you that Jesus first hid the treasure and then "discovered" it?
Does it make sense to you Finn that Jesus Christ found you ?

To me the man in the parable is obviously Jesus Christ, just like the fisherman in the following parable is Jesus Christ.

The scripture teaches He found us, the scripture teaches we are the field, the scripture teaches we were bought with a price, and it goes without saying that if He bought us at such great price, we are highly valuable (treasure).

Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Finn, I assumed that you are asking questions of me about the understanding of the parable that I put in my posts (that the One who bought us with a price in 1 Cor 6 is represented in the parable by the man who buys the field). If that is not the case, and you are asking questions of me based on YOUR understanding of the parable:

Quote:
The man who discoveres the treasure, is us, not Jesus. <snip>
then it's no wonder you get things a bit muddled.

Now, I asked based on your questions about what I have written previously,:

Quote:
and you responded:

Quote:
Where did I say that?

The man who discovers the treasure, you say is us, and in the parable, the man buried the treasure. Therefore you are saying that you/we are the ones who bury the treasure. Based on my understanding which you are questioning, which is that the treasure is the Spirit/Kingdom within, then it would follow that you are saying we are the ones who bury the Spirit/Kingdom within.

However, you say that the your understanding is actually that the treasure is Jesus/the Good News. So, in your scenario ... you have discovered Jesus/the Good News, and you have "buried/hidden" Jesus/the Good News.

The man in the parable who discovers the treasure is also the one who buys the field. You say you agree with Cyber that the field is your heart, so you are further implying that not only have you buried the treasure, but have also bought your own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermunchkin
But we can hid the word of God, our treasure with great joy deep in our hearts that no man, whatever, can steal it from us.... burying it in the field of our hearts is the best place it can be !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Yes, exactly.

Last edited by Pleroo; 11-18-2012 at 10:20 AM..

Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Does it make sense to you Finn that Jesus Christ found you ?

To me the man in the parable is obviously Jesus Christ, just like the fisherman in the following parable is Jesus Christ.

The scripture teaches He found us, the scripture teaches we are the field, the scripture teaches we were bought with a price, and it goes without saying that if He bought us at such great price, we are highly valuable (treasure).
seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

It is an instruction to us, not to Jesus. Seek, and you shall find the treasure hidden in the field.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
The man who discovers the treasure, you say is us, and in the parable, the man buried the treasure. Therefore you are saying that you/we are the ones who bury the treasure.
Read the OP, and discover what we are talking about. The question is why the man buried it AGAIN after he had discovered it.

Quote:
Based on my understanding which you are questioning, which is that the treasure is the Spirit/Kingdom within, then it would follow that you are saying we are the ones who bury the Spirit/Kingdom within.
Quote:

However, you say that the your understanding is actually that the treasure is Jesus/the Good News. So, in your scenario ... you have discovered Jesus/the Good News, and you have "buried/hidden" Jesus/the Good News.
The Bible teaches that those who seek, will find. This is what happend to the man in the parable. He discovered the treasure, and he understood it was very valuable, so he hid it again, and gave up everything so he could buy the field and have the treasure for eternity.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

It is an instruction to us, not to Jesus. Seek, and you shall find the treasure hidden in the field.
Do you really believe that you sought after and found God ?. What do you do with the scripture that states that there are none that seeks after God ?, are you the exception ?.

Do you understand that in the previous parable that Jesus taught we( you and i )were hard of hearing and walked around with our eyes closed ?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Read the OP, and discover what we are talking about. The question is why the man buried it AGAIN after he had discovered it.
You would prefer, perhaps, that the man who purchased the field had removed the treasure (what I believe to be the Spirit/Kingdom and what you believe to be Jesus/the Good News) from the field (what I believe to be representative of all of us, and you believe to be representative of your heart)?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity