Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,129 times

Advertisements

A true Christian is called out of this present evil world.

They, Christians, are to be separate from the world (II Cor 6:17).

They are to be separate from all all this world's affiliations: social, economic, political or religious.

They are to live by every Word of God (Luke 4:4) and not by the philosophies, customs and ways of this world.

They are not to live by the customs and traditions of this world but by the laws of God (Mark 7:7-9).

Many worship Christ in vain by following the course of this world and all of its customs and ways instead of living by the Commandments of God (again, Mark 7:7-9).

Should a Christian vote? No, they should be too busy warning others or helping warn others to come out of this Babylon of confusion and be not partakers of her sins that you receive not of her plagues.

http://www.coghomeschool.org/site/co...0President.pdf

Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post

They are to be separate from all all this world's affiliations: social, economic, political or religious.

They are to live by every Word of God (Luke 4:4) and not by the philosophies, customs and ways of this world.

They are not to live by the customs and traditions of this world but by the laws of God (Mark 7:7-9).

Many worship Christ in vain by following the course of this world and all of its customs and ways instead of living by the Commandments of God (again, Mark 7:7-9).

Should a Christian vote? No, they should be too busy warning others or helping warn others to come out of this Babylon of confusion and be not partakers of her sins that you receive not of her plagues.

I agree.
The "government" that Christians ought to follow is that of Christ, who laid down his life as an example for us to follow. Our citizenship is in heaven. Our Law is the law of Love.

--Imagine Christians in one country, going to war against another country whose citizens are Christians who go to war to protect it. Now you have Christians fighting against Christians.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Well, if only non-Christians were to vote, Christians might end up with a government that is far less desirable than they'd have otherwise. Governments are necessarily in our world. Not everyone believes alike, and yet we must co-exist as neighbors, co-workers, etc. Even Jesus Christ seemed to recognize the need to "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's."

Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Absolutely not. Christians should respect God's will. Voting is trying to interfere with God's plan. Instead of voting, Christians should resort to praying and put trust in God to select the right leader.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Threads like this never cease to amaze me, and remind me of how many disconnected and unrealistic religious zealots are in existence. Maybe it's a geographic thing, but I consider myself fortunate to count few among my acquaintances.

That said, the Catholic church DOES NOT tell people how to vote on economic issues, but they DO want people to vote. The only areas in which the Catholic church has weighed in is on abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic research, and, to some degree, a health care plan making health care accessible to all.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 10-23-2012 at 12:03 PM..

Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Absolutely not. Christians should respect God's will. Voting is trying to interfere with God's plan. Instead of voting, Christians should resort to praying and put trust in God to select the right leader.
I'm kind of guessing this is just a sarcastic response (based on other posts of yours). Please tell me I'm guessing right.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:41 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:

COL 1:16 "For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:"

This country was created by Christ as a Rebublic which means He commanded it to be by vote. If you want no part of it then that is your business but don't say it is not of God to vote because He said it is and it is how He establishes this country.

Last edited by garya123; 10-23-2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
2CHRON 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

After we have repented and prayed we should take the responsibility that God as given us and vote to uphold the Rebublican form of government that He established for us or we insult the gift. Not until heaven and earth pass will we find a more perfect government. Deal with what we have.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:17 PM

428 posts, read 330,806 times
Quote:

Do you pay taxes? Do you own land? Do you drive a car? No real difference.

Do you accept any money from the Government? Food Stamps, Disability, Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Credit? Now talk about being bound by the worlds economic and political system. Where as voting is taking control of the political system as opposed to being controlled by it.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
we are just strange when it comes to politics. Most vote according to their religion, skin color, tradition, culture, and their place in society. that is just the way it is . there are christians who vote for obama, and he is a huge abortion supporter, even for the babies who survive abortions. Your concience better be cleared if you vote for him. Then there are christian who vote for romney who is a devout mormon. according to many christians the mormons are a cult. your concience better be clear also. i am of the belief that these people up in politics are not elected but are selected. There are secret metting and such. Call it a conspiracy. I will vote the day that my vote is the deciding factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity