Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,660 times

Advertisements

Yes. 60 million are registered yet only 20 million voted last presidential race. Therefore vote or do mot complain.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
A true Christian is called out of this present evil world.

They, Christians, are to be separate from the world (II Cor 6:17).

They are to be separate from all all this world's affiliations: social, economic, political or religious.

They are to live by every Word of God (Luke 4:4) and not by the philosophies, customs and ways of this world.

They are not to live by the customs and traditions of this world but by the laws of God (Mark 7:7-9).

Many worship Christ in vain by following the course of this world and all of its customs and ways instead of living by the Commandments of God (again, Mark 7:7-9).

Should a Christian vote? No, they should be too busy warning others or helping warn others to come out of this Babylon of confusion and be not partakers of her sins that you receive not of her plagues.

http://www.coghomeschool.org/site/co...0President.pdf
I'm an atheist, and I'd just like to take a moment to extend the hand of friendship in support.

You fight that peer pressure. If you believe you shouldn't vote, don't vote Ma people got your back. We'll take care of everything...just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, if only non-Christians were to vote, Christians might end up with a government that is far less desirable than they'd have otherwise. Governments are necessarily in our world. Not everyone believes alike, and yet we must co-exist as neighbors, co-workers, etc. Even Jesus Christ seemed to recognize the need to "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's."
Katzpur, don't you ruin this for us. We'll give Mormons their cut too. You can have Utah, and you can also have Wyoming. Wouldn't you like Wyoming? Don't you find it irritating that its corner just kind of, intrudes into Utah? Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Threads like this never cease to amaze me, and remind me of how many disconnected and unrealistic religious zealots are in existence. Maybe it's a geographic thing, but I consider myself fortunate to count few among my acquaintances.

That said, the Catholic church DOES NOT tell people how to vote on economic issues, but they DO want people to vote. The only areas in which the Catholic church has weighed in is on abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic research, and, to some degree, a health care plan making health care accessible to all.
Dang it, Robert, quiet. How would you like to be King of St. Louis?

Last edited by Clintone; 10-24-2012 at 11:06 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Jesus did not come to do away with government in this age but to reform them through courageous men who can stand up for truth. John the Babtist was such a man who spoke against the evils of the government of His day.
LK 3:12-14 "Then came also publicans/[tax collectors] to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do? And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you. And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages."

HEB 11:32-34 "And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."

God deals differant jugements for change according to the needs of reform and how to obtain it.
PS 144:1 "Blessed be the Lord my strength which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:"
Sometimes it is to war and sometimes to reform within. I hope the latter for us, but for that we must be involved. In our case as a nation, to make change, it is in part by vote, by electing leaders with a sound heart. Seeing that the circumstances are all differant, it is simplistic to say that only one method is the cure. Savation is more than the forgiveness of sin but rather as it is written, "Righteousness exults a nation." When good men do nothing then evil takes over.

I don't think you are a simple minded man but in this matter I said you talk like one. As you can see or not as you prefer, the issues are far more complex and everyone is called in a differant manner to make change for the better. Some are like King David or John the Babtist and some are like John the beloved. Each play their part and all to be respected for what God called them to be. Soldier or minister

I don't expect you do agree with one word I said but I write this to others so as to strengthen their resolve in these matters.
A post of complete deception, aisi.
Jesus didn't come to "reform" government. He came that He might be our governor.

The State (any state, not just the US) exists through the use of violence. It exists to protect the wealthy. It does not exist as "God's Kingdom" and it never will be. Jesus' Kingdom is one of Love. That is the difference.

You speak of war.
Did you never read where Paul wrote that "we fight not against flesh and blood"?? That's pretty simple. That means that our "warfare" doesn't include missiles. Killing people is not God's way. If you are in doubt about that, look again at Jesus. When you see Jesus, you see the Father. Meekness, kindness, gentleness. This is the Path. Not war. War is for the unregenerate, who are only interested in carnal power. And that's all they can obtain.

God's Kingdom is for those who walk in righteousness. The Sermon on the Mount. It's not just good philosophical talk. It's how we're supposed to live, here and now, not in heaven after death.

Peace and righteousness,
brian

Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Yes. 60 million are registered yet only 20 million voted last presidential race. Therefore vote or do mot complain.
Christians don't vote, and they don't complain either. They simply don't get involved.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Irrelevant to Christ's directive that citizens of earth render that which is to Caesar to Caesar and that which is God's to God. Humans are capable of multi-tasking that is why God endowed them with a brain, which you might try using.
Since you claim to be using your brain, you might want to reflect on this:

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" means to not abide by the laws of the land you live in. Not voting is not breaking the law.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Christians don't vote, and they don't complain either. They simply don't get involved.

Peace,
brian
No - you don't get involved - don't speak for me...

Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
garya123, nobody is saying to do away with government in this age. We are just saying we will not support an evil government.
If you pay taxes, you support government, good or evil.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No - you don't get involved - don't speak for me...
Jesus is not just for the afterlife. His teachings were for us now, here, today..

But many people would prefer to put him "on hold"..

Peace,
brian

Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 AM

139 posts, read 167,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Jesus did not come to do away with government in this age but to reform them through courageous men who can stand up for truth. John the Babtist was such a man who spoke against the evils of the government of His day.
LK 3:12-14 "Then came also publicans/[tax collectors] to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do? And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you. And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages."

HEB 11:32-34 "And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."

God deals differant jugements for change according to the needs of reform and how to obtain it.
PS 144:1 "Blessed be the Lord my strength which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:"
Sometimes it is to war and sometimes to reform within. I hope the latter for us, but for that we must be involved. In our case as a nation, to make change, it is in part by vote, by electing leaders with a sound heart. Seeing that the circumstances are all differant, it is simplistic to say that only one method is the cure. Savation is more than the forgiveness of sin but rather as it is written, "Righteousness exults a nation." When good men do nothing then evil takes over.

I don't think you are a simple minded man but in this matter I said you talk like one. As you can see or not as you prefer, the issues are far more complex and everyone is called in a differant manner to make change for the better. Some are like King David or John the Babtist and some are like John the beloved. Each play their part and all to be respected for what God called them to be. Soldier or minister

I don't expect you do agree with one word I said but I write this to others so as to strengthen their resolve in these matters.

Jesus came to share the Good News of Something Better... that being the heavenly Kingdom ruled by Christ......The worldly governments are pawns of Satan.... The Bible clearly shows that an intelligent, unseen person has been controlling both men and nations. It says: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” And the Bible identifies him, saying: “The one called Devil and Satan .*.*. is misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—1*John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.
On an occasion when Jesus was “tempted by the Devil,” Jesus did not question Satan’s role as the ruler of this world. The Bible explains what happened: “The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: ‘All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.’ Then Jesus said to him: ‘Go away, Satan!’”—Matthew 4:1, 8-10.
Think about this. Satan tempted Jesus by offering him “all the kingdoms of the world.” Yet, would Satan’s offer have been a real temptation if Satan was not actually the ruler of these kingdoms? No, it would not. And note, Jesus did not deny that all these worldly governments were Satan’s, which he would have done if Satan did not have power over them. So, then, Satan the Devil really is the unseen ruler of the world! The Bible, in fact, calls him “the god of this system of things.” (2*Corinthians 4:4) Yet, how did such a wicked person ever come into this powerful position?

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Soon the prophecy in Daniel will be fulfilled and the Heavenly Kingdom Government will take over earths affairs....(Daniel 2:44) “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

That government is poised to take over, soon God will put it into the hearts of the world leaders to begin the final phase before Armageddon and the relief of the Kingdom will be made manifest to all righteous mankind. (Revelation 17:17) For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara M Wheeler View Post
Jesus came to share the Good News of Something Better... that being the heavenly Kingdom ruled by Christ......The worldly governments are pawns of Satan.... The Bible clearly shows that an intelligent, unseen person has been controlling both men and nations. It says: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” And the Bible identifies him, saying: “The one called Devil and Satan .*.*. is misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—1*John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.
On an occasion when Jesus was “tempted by the Devil,” Jesus did not question Satan’s role as the ruler of this world. The Bible explains what happened: “The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: ‘All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.’ Then Jesus said to him: ‘Go away, Satan!’”—Matthew 4:1, 8-10.
Think about this. Satan tempted Jesus by offering him “all the kingdoms of the world.” Yet, would Satan’s offer have been a real temptation if Satan was not actually the ruler of these kingdoms? No, it would not. And note, Jesus did not deny that all these worldly governments were Satan’s, which he would have done if Satan did not have power over them. So, then, Satan the Devil really is the unseen ruler of the world! The Bible, in fact, calls him “the god of this system of things.” (2*Corinthians 4:4) Yet, how did such a wicked person ever come into this powerful position?
So then according to all that, we are to do nothing but wait because it's all hopeless until Christ returns? Wrong. The Devil is cast out for the believer and it therefor behooves men of good faith to rise up and take control.
PROV 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn. But as you can see very few beleive it and therefor as the Proverbs says,"complacency kills the fool."

We have Christ to aid us in righteous rule:
JN 12:31 "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." And he is cast out for the few who believe but for the rest he still leads them astray.

Here again is what Jesus says,
LK 10:18-20 "And He said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Jesus still wants the many two's and three's to believe and be sent out to the harvest or such power is not given and the salvation of souls and governments are delayed. But victory will inevitably come.

As to the return of the Lord. The Church because of complacency is delaying His return.
MT 25:5 "While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept." Tarried is an intransitive verb which means the length of time He tarried was affected by the fact that "they all slumbered and slept". Many are complacent concerning the things of God. But the good news is that because now we have been given the gift of mass media, that will help hasten His return. It is written in, Matt. 24:14 "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

Peter spoke of hasting the Day of the Lord.
2PET 3:10-12 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all Holy conversation and Godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of The Day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

We are to hasten/bring to pass sooner, the day of the Lord by fervant prayer and obediance to the Spirit of Truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.