Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 06:36 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,257,226 times

Advertisements

I would like honest opinions here. Whether you are a Christian or not, but especially if you consider yourself a TRUE CHRISTIAN and your opinion.
Below is what has transpired over the course of a few months going back to last school year.

A small private Christian School (which we will call it XX Christian School) which is part of a church, and therfore considers the school a ministry of the church has decided to become accredited by their state or national accreditation organization, a Christian organization that accreditates Christian Schools. Over the last school year or two, the principal informed staff that the school was going to be pursuing accreditation and begin the process. Ok, here is where in my opinion things start getting a little bit odd.

During this time the principal never informed staff personnel or teachers what individual teachers needed or expected to have to be accredited. Only general info. including the following:

-School facilities must adhere to certain codes
-Certain equipment and safety
-And other general info.

Most teachers about 85% or more (according to my source)have bachelors degree. However, at no time did he inform staff, or at least certain staff in jeopardy of not being able to meet the requirements what they needed etc. Even though it is common for teachers to have at least a Bachelors degree. School year ends in June and in April, no teacher contract yet. In May, same thing and many teachers are feeling uneasy. Finally, after the last day of school the principal begins to issue renewed contract to those offered contracts, and informs those that will not be returning that they are not. Some of them were informed that because they did not have a bachelors degree that they cannot return. Even those that were about 1 year away. Furthermore, a few teachers were in limbo most of the summer without a contract due to the fact that the principal kept promising a certain position and then when handed the employee contract it was a different position. A few were given contracts a few weeks into the summer just to be informed by the principal a few days later something like this " I am sorry, we have to cancel your contract". Interestingly enough, some were given different reasons for canceling contracts. This in return resulted in a negative consequence for the principal as a few teachers that already signed their contracts jump shipped and accepted other offers from other schools within a few weeks from the school year starting after seeing the lack of honesty, professionalism, integrity, and lack of CHRISTIAN CHARACTER.

What makes this even more absurd and even shows the hypocrisy of the school's administration is this. XX Christian School's principal who was appointed by the Pastor did not even have his Bachelors degree when appointed to the position a few years ago. Just this past year did he earn his Bachelor degree (do not know what major), and now suddenly, they are off to the races and want to get the school accredited ASAP. Keep in mind, the new principal has been involved with the church and has known the pastor for over 20 years according to my source. This is an obvious example of "Not what you know, but who you know". However, according to the pastor "John Doe is the right person for the job" because, "It is his calling and we prayed about it".

There are many more examples that I can include. However, I think by now many of you can get the picture. My source, happens to not only work at XX Christian School, but this person is also a member of this church and has been for a few years now. However, this person feels really awful about what has transpired, and doubts the school/church leaders honesty, sincerity, and integrity, and no longer wants to continue attending church their any longer. However, this person fears that by no longer attending XX church, that the teaching position may be in jeopardy. Also, whenever teachers that also attend the church misses a Sunday service, they get questioned about it, in a nice way, but questioned.

What are your thought and opinions. Feel free to elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,028,796 times
I think people who send their children to "Christian" schools are deceived about human nature. They think if you just "Christianize" everything, then nothing bad or wrong will befall them or their children. You can "Christian-ize" a pig - but it is still a pig. (wisdom circa McCain/Palin vs. Obama/Biden)

Old 08-21-2010, 09:48 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,228,642 times
I went to a Christian Jr. and High School, I am glad I went but I can say the admin is usually a joke. Most teachers are there for the right reason but most of the leadership is all about growth and money.

In my High School the Football team was on par with the apostles, they could do no wrong. The reason was that they brought in a lot f money from the games and alumni. I remember sitting through a assembly when the Principal was going on and on about the "fine Christian young men" on the football team and how we need to support them. This was right after I had heard from a friend how one of the guys talked about basically date rapped a girl the prior weekend. Plus having to deal with these guys and how they treated others I almost jumped out of my seat.

If you can get past all of that at least Christian schools have rules so if your kid has friends they won't want to get kicked out. (this was me) Plus they are safer and you do get some truth along with the junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity