Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,435,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
So...you are saying, he's not worthy of guidance? My belief is, that people who ACTUALLY do this type of thing are sick and the only hope they have of rehabilitation is in God, if they truely want it.
The church should not turn it's back, but instead take precautions. As for the friend who brings the guy, she's not being wise but we can't judge her heart.
I agree. The only person who deserves blame is the rapist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM

677 posts, read 1,540,691 times
There are unanswered questions in this.

If he is indeed guilty as accused:
Has he denied the allegations?
If so, then he's putting the victim through more abuse. I agree he needs help, but not at a 'family bible study' in a private home where children and teenagers are present.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 PM

1,220 posts, read 989,135 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
So...you are saying, he's not worthy of guidance? My belief is, that people who ACTUALLY do this type of thing are sick and the only hope they have of rehabilitation is in God, if they truely want it.
The church should not turn it's back, but instead take precautions. As for the friend who brings the guy, she's not being wise but we can't judge her heart.
Forgive me for assuming that this "person" had already received guidance, which led him to fathering children.
Notwithstanding, it's apparent that he deemed himself unworthy of any further guidance by his actions...guidance, that if he truly wanted, might have helped in preventing him from molesting his own daughter, which a police officer identified her as having shown the signs of having previously been, prior to the final straw of this monsters injustice against his own daughter...an injustice which the man's own son corroborated under oath.
And you are absolutely correct...the church should not turn it's back. However, based upon the original posters written testimony, the church has turned it's back by reason of their cowardly inaction.
If precautions had been taken someone in their right mind would have stepped up to the plate already and assumed an apostolic position in order to delegate responsibilities to arrive at a biblical solution.
From what I've read so far, no one has assumed The First Place to judge this woman's "heart." Nevertheless, her intentions serve only herself, not the accused. If she had brought her brains home from vacation, she would have spoken to the church in advance prior to her assumption of "good intentions."
The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you to your scriptural senses...

Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,480,254 times
Quote:
He's worthy of guidance. Just not in a group that includes children. It's not about judgment--it's about safety. I think he would be more suited in an all-adults Bible study.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:23 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,082,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
He's worthy of guidance. Just not in a group that includes children. It's not about judgment--it's about safety. I think he would be more suited in an all-adults Bible study.
Right. Here is my first response to the OP's question.

"I have a close loved one who WAS falsely accused so I understand the innocent until proven guilty thing, at the same time, if you honestly believe the girl and her brother (as you know them and their personalities) then, you need to ensure everyone's safety.
Perhaps it should be pointed out to your friend that it would be in the man's best interest not to put himself in a posistion that may make his motives look questionable. My loved one still attended services at his church during the investigation etc. but he sat up front nand stayed far away from anything "kid-related" still does actually.
My suggestion is for your friend to contact the deacons or persons responisble for evangilism, and maybe they can set up some sort of meeting for him"

My opinion hasn't changed. To clarify, the guy should be in an adult Bible study, or have meetings with the deacons/Evangilism people if the church isn't comfortable with the man in a Bible study...but the church should not turn it's back

Old 09-17-2011, 10:21 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,845,608 times
In my opinion, he might benefit more from a men's bible study under the discipleship of a mature Christian man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity