Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times

Advertisements

I find it is always very quiet here on wednesday evenings, and wonder if a lot of you attend bible study, or a worship service?

Our small congregation does not have weds. eve. service. We have tried, but so few come, we gave it up.

In town, and in the congregations that we were members of in Idaho, we always had weds eve. class. We went three times a week...twice on sunday, and weds eve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
I use to attend Wed. services. Have some of you thought about meeting in someone's home just for a small group study? God bless.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times
We have a really active Wednesday Evening thing we call Light Night.

Supper at 5:30, then activities/meetings/studies/groups for all ages from 6:30 - 8:00.

We have a blast! But we're "off" during December.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:02 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I find it is always very quiet here on wednesday evenings, and wonder if a lot of you attend bible study, or a worship service?

Our small congregation does not have weds. eve. service. We have tried, but so few come, we gave it up.

In town, and in the congregations that we were members of in Idaho, we always had weds eve. class. We went three times a week...twice on sunday, and weds eve.
Hi Marian
You could start a Wednesday night service here you know. I, personally, go to Wednesday night service...yes, there are few people that go in our church...the few of us still "plug" away. We are studying Revelations right now. I don't know how it would work here...but worth a try, if you can't find a church! We read few passages and then say what each passage could mean...we never argue though...might be hard not to do on here
I, personally, have started reading the bible from start ...I know sometimes I have questions about what I read. ...so I'm sure many others do too!
Sherry

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I use to attend Wed. services. Have some of you thought about meeting in someone's home just for a small group study? God bless.
One of our older brethren was doing that for several years. We used to go, but it is some distance from us, and my DH is advanced in years and needs to be home for his using a nebulizer.
I think this brother may have stopped the meeting in his home, in which he did the teaching, because he, too, is well along in years and ailing.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Hi Marian
You could start a Wednesday night service here you know. I, personally, go to Wednesday night service...yes, there are few people that go in our church...the few of us still "plug" away. We are studying Revelations right now. I don't know how it would work here...but worth a try, if you can't find a church! We read few passages and then say what each passage could mean...we never argue though...might be hard not to do on here
I, personally, have started reading the bible from start ...I know sometimes I have questions about what I read. ...so I'm sure many others do too!
Sherry
We do have brethren in our immediate neighborhood (mostly my DH's relatives) who may be open to attending a meeting at our house, but for now, I will be content to do my 'assemblying' right here on wed eves...although there are very few who agree with what I post!!!

Actually, I need some slack time so I can tend to other needs.

I was just curious why it is so quiet here on weds eves.

BTW, I attend a Golden Year's Class every tuesday ( except on days that it is not held due to a holiday or some other reason.) It is a very enjoyable get together, and I love it. We do all the things that we would do on a weds eve, plus we have a potluck dinner, and LOTS of fellowship. It is held in a building owned by the congregation in town, that they call the "recreation" building. It is not a gym! Families meet there also following funerals, and for reunions, etc.
They also have VBS classes there.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Most of the churches in this area have Wednesday night meetings (this area is made up mainly of Baptist and Church of Christ) Some call it Prayer meetings, Bible Study or just Fellowship night..My dh schedules his life around the Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night meetings of his congregation..Nothing, absolutely nothing interferes with those times.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Most of the churches in this area have Wednesday night meetings (this area is made up mainly of Baptist and Church of Christ) Some call it Prayer meetings, Bible Study or just Fellowship night..My dh schedules his life around the Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night meetings of his congregation..Nothing, absolutely nothing interferes with those times.
Blue, I would love to meet your DH.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:10 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Blue, I would love to meet your DH.
Drop in any time..

Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Drop in any time..
If I am ever in Kentucky I will visit the congregation that he meets with.
Any time I am in another location, espacially on the first day of the week, I meet with the church in that area. It is wonderful meeting other members, no matter where they meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity