Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 12:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
My dear child, my son and daughter, just want you to know, if you wander off and become lost in the woods, you must come find me. I'm not wasting my time looking for you. You got lost, its your fault.

Love, Dad.
My dear child, my son and daughter, just want you to know, if you wander off and become lost in the woods, stay put and I will find you. If you must, follow the river or creek, but beware of the critters that may drink from it. And I will find you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 418 times
“For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day” (John 6:40 NASB)

Old 03-16-2020, 12:09 AM

3,061 posts, read 913,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiCyuki View Post
“For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day” (John 6:40 NASB)
Who is it, who YOU reckon is going to raise the believers on the last day?

Old 03-16-2020, 02:40 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
You've got the title of the thread and your initial comments all backwards. Consequently your conclusions are confused. One wonders if this confusion is deliberate on your part. I think it is.

For the benefit of those readers who have a sincere desire to understand what the Bible says here is a brief statement. This stuff isn't rocket science. Consider this Salvation 101

step 1

NOTHING happens until and unless REPENTANCE happens first. This is a sincere humble request of God for forgiveness and INCLUDES a heartfelt desire to NEVER SIN AGAIN.

Got that?

God doesn't hand out forgiveness like cotton candy at the circus. One must ASK. If one doesn't ASK one will not be forgiven. If repentance is accepted by God, then one is forgiven and GRACE is granted as a gift for salvation. Again, most people don't ask and consequently most people won't get saved. The gift of forgiveness is greater than the gift of life itself and NOBODY can give it except God. That means no priest and no TV preacher can grant forgiveness. God isn't a fool. He knows if the request is serious or not.

We then proceed to the next step.

step 2

The kingdom of God is within.

It (Kingdom of God) is experienced as the witness of the Holy Spirit and is given to one who repents of their SINs as a guarantee of redemption - proof from God one is saved and accepted.

The benefit of the internal witness of the Holy Spirit is faith - "the substance of things hoped for (salvation)."

step 3

Application of faith according to the direction of the internal witness of the Holy Spirit (Kingdom of God) proceeds for the rest of the believer's natural life.

That's it in a nutshell.

Bear in mind REPENTANCE must come first.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYER OF THE SINNER except the prayer of repentance.

Salvation isn't applied to everyone, only to those who ask in an attitude of repentance.

BE NOT DECEIVED. GOD IS NOT MOCKED. Whatever one sows that will they reap. - Galatians 6:7

If anybody tells you something different, let him be damned. - Galatians 1:8

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 03-16-2020 at 03:04 PM..

Old 03-16-2020, 03:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You've got the title of the thread and your initial comments all backwards. Consequently your conclusions are confused. One wonders if this confusion is deliberate on your part. I think it is.

For the benefit of those readers who have a sincere desire to understand what the Bible says here is a brief statement. This stuff isn't rocket science. Consider this Salvation 101

step 1

NOTHING happens until and unless REPENTANCE happens first. This is a sincere humble request of God for forgiveness and INCLUDES a heartfelt desire to NEVER SIN AGAIN.

Got that?

God doesn't hand out forgiveness like cotton candy at the circus. One must ASK. If one doesn't ASK one will not be forgiven. If repentance is accepted by God, then one is forgiven and GRACE is granted as a gift for salvation. Again, most people don't ask and consequently most people won't get saved. The gift of forgiveness is greater than the gift of life itself and NOBODY can give it except God. That means no priest and no TV preacher can grant forgiveness. God isn't a fool. He knows if the request is serious or not.

We then proceed to the next step.

step 2

The kingdom of God is within.

It (Kingdom of God) is experienced as the witness of the Holy Spirit and is given to one who repents of their SINs as a guarantee of redemption - proof from God one is saved and accepted.

The benefit of the internal witness of the Holy Spirit is faith - "the substance of things hoped for (salvation)."

step 3

Application of faith according to the direction of the internal witness of the Holy Spirit (Kingdom of God) proceeds for the rest of the believer's natural life.

That's it in a nutshell.

Bear in mind REPENTANCE must come first.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYER OF THE SINNER except the prayer of repentance.

Salvation isn't applied to everyone, only to those who ask in an attitude of repentance.

BE NOT DECEIVED. GOD IS NOT MOCKED. Whatever one sows that will they reap. - Galatians 6:7

If anybody tells you something different, let him be damned. - Galatians 1:8

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
While you were still a sinner, he died for the ungodly - believe you this?

Old 06-30-2020, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 347 times
We have a big issue as Christians because of the reluctance to use correct names and the inheritance of lies from our fathers....

Joel 2:32 It will happen that whoever will call on the name of YHVH shall be saved; For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, As YHVH has said, And among the remnant, those whom YHVH calls.

compare this with

Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the [name of the Lord] ('YHVH') will be saved.”

You see we get mixed up between lord as in master, husband, ba'al and LORD = YHVH and the calling of Jesus as lord.

AlabamaStorm is on the right track though because Matt 7:21 is an admonishment to those who think they are 'saved' because they know how to use the name, they are seen to do good works, and they 'fail' to observe the 'weightier' matters.

matt 23:23 (YLT)
Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye give tithe of the mint, and the dill, and the cumin, and did neglect the weightier things of the Law -- the judgment, and the kindness, and the faith; these it behoved you to do, and those not to neglect.

this could well apply to many big names I care not to mention here.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Default Not everyone who calls on the Lord will enter the Kingdom, but all who call on the Lord will be saved

This kind of confusion is the result of thinking WE have anything to do with our salvation. We don't! Jesus saved us and it is finished. All the concern over salvation is human error promulgated in the "precepts and doctrines of men." We do not save ourselves, period. We either build upon the foundation of love and reconciliation Jesus laid for us or we do not. What we sow will determine what we reap - hay, straw, gold, silver, etc., - but we are "saved as by fire" as God's consuming fire of love refines out the dross.

Old 07-01-2020, 03:02 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This kind of confusion is the result of thinking WE have anything to do with our salvation. We don't! Jesus saved us and it is finished. All the concern over salvation is human error promulgated in the "precepts and doctrines of men." We do not save ourselves, period. We either build upon the foundation of love and reconciliation Jesus laid for us or we do not. What we sow will determine what we reap - hay, straw, gold, silver, etc., - but we are "saved as by fire" as God's consuming fire of love refines out the dross.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:44 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Seems Jesus believes we have something to do with our salvation by his words found at Matthew 24:13.
The one who endures to the end is: saved.
So, 'enduring faithfully' is a requirement.
The saved great crowd of people at the time of the coming great tribulation (Rev. 7:14,9) are like the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:10 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Default Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?
Hi Lego, yes the scriptures you quoted have to do with salvation, requirements actually. Two things mentioned is calling on God's name. Do you know what God's name is since the translator changed the passage to Lord?

And another requirement is doing the will of God. That involves much sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity