Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 06:13 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you sincerely do not look down on other people, then something is getting lost in most of your posts. Maybe you should reread them before you post them.
Dewdrop,

Probably, what's lost in the reading of my posts is the interpretation of God's Word and the understanding of the motives I hold in my heart before I even begin to post, and then while I am bringing it all together while I type it.

Is it the Scriptures I offer that are not understood or interpreted correctly by the reader? Is it God Himself that is misunderstood? Is the reader a believer...or an unbeliever? If an unbeliever, how could they even begin to understand correctly the Words of God and His will for their lives...let alone even beginning to know the heart or the motive of the one preaching them?

I don't crave men's praise. It would corrupt the love (the Love of God that is), which is our duty to our neighbor, the devotion which is our duty to God, and the desire of a higher moral goal which is our duty to ourselves. If our motive is to make God's glory more visible, we should not seek to be admired...and I do not, as it would change my whole character, and I would no longer be who God wants me to be...this "love" you and so many others speak of that is given or received from a motive of needing recognition of worth or affection from another is not love...not the kind of "love" I offer or seek.

I do not look down upon anyone...my motives are pure...the love I have for you and everyone here who is on CD, and here in my real live world, is a true love that goes far beyond seeking yours or anyone else's acceptance or friendship...that is so shallow. My love is so much deeper...it's so much more than that...it's telling the truth, knowing you'll be spat upon and/or cursed and or mocked and ridiculed...but that tells me I'm on the right path, because the world hated Jesus too, and all He was guilty of was speaking what His Father told Him to speak. If the world hates me because of the truth I bring to the table, I count it all joy...because Jesus said it Himself..."Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:10.

I do what I do out of the love of God for you.

"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

"...then hear from heaven, Your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with each man according to all he does, since you know his heart (for you alone know the hearts of all men),..." 1 Kings 8:39

"But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time." 1 Kings 8:61

"He forsook the LORD, the God of his fathers, and did not walk in the way of the LORD." 1 Kings 21:22

"I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you." 1 Chronicles 29:17

"...in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:6

"I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve." Jeremiah 17:10

"...he defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD. Jeremiah 22:16

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

Be blessed Dewdrop...don't take things personally...I don't look down on you...I want you to know God's truth and His will for your life...even if you may not, I still want it for you.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,200,844 times
Verna - I don't take anything you say personally. As you always say to everybody that thinks you come off as condescending, mean, and cruel - you don't know what's in my heart. You don't know me at all. I know what you have said about me, that I'm wicked - but I know that I'm not. You can think I'm wicked all you want - it doesn't change who I am.
If you truly believe that you are a sinner and that we are all sinners - then why spend so much time criticizing others and not more time working on yourself? If there is a God - why not let him do his job for himself.
All I know is that I don't want to live in a world where people aren't at least nice to each other. Your idea of love and my idea of love are vastly different. Yes, I'm an unbeliever - but I'm not the only on here who feels that you look down on everyone. I know you don't care what I think so I probably shouldn't be wasting my breath but I guess I just find it so funny that you don't see this.
My idea of love isn't constantly berating, belittling, making fun of, yelling at, and being cruel to others. I'm lucky enough to have had the most wonderful parents that truly loved me unconditionally. I was lucky enough to experience the purest love from the moment I was born. If there is one thing that I know I understand - it is love. Yes - love sometimes comes with reprimands and disappointment - but love is so much more than that. I guess in your heart you believe that you are on the right path.
I wish you much luck on your journey and hope that someday you find peace and let go of all the anger.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 PM

[quote=Dewdrop93;16347078]Verna - I don't take anything you say personally. As you always say to everybody that thinks you come off as condescending, mean, and cruel - you don't know what's in my heart. You don't know me at all. I know what you have said about me, that I'm wicked - but I know that I'm not. You can think I'm wicked all you want - it doesn't change who I am.
If you truly believe that you are a sinner and that we are all sinners - then why spend so much time criticizing others...[quote]

I haven't "criticized" anyone Dewdrop. God's Word pierces like a two-edged sword...that's what you feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop
...and not more time working on yourself?...
Believe me, God and I are arm in arm, working on me every minute of every day...and I learn as I study and teach what God has given to me...I am growing and maturing as a Christian daily...we aren't supposed to keep what God has given to us to ourselves, we are to empty ourselves to bless others with the knowledge God has given us, so He can continue to fill us again.
Quote:
...If there is a God - why not let him do his job for himself...
His disciples are His mouthpiece...His hands...His arms...His feet...we are commanded to go into all the world and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Quote:
...All I know is that I don't want to live in a world where people aren't at least nice to each other...
I'm nice.
Quote:
...Your idea of love and my idea of love are vastly different. Yes, I'm an unbeliever - but I'm not the only on here who feels that you look down on everyone. I know you don't care what I think so I probably shouldn't be wasting my breath but I guess I just find it so funny that you don't see this....
I can't help how people feel when I teach the Word of God...it's that "two-edged sword" poking around again.
Quote:
...My idea of love isn't constantly berating, belittling, making fun of, yelling at, and being cruel to others.
Nor mine.
Quote:
...I'm lucky enough to have had the most wonderful parents that truly loved me unconditionally. I was lucky enough to experience the purest love from the moment I was born. If there is one thing that I know I understand - it is love. Yes - love sometimes comes with reprimands and disappointment - but love is so much more than that...
It sure is Dewdrop..it sure is...the love of God...so much more than that...what I've been endlessly striving to get across to anyone who will hear.
Quote:
...I guess in your heart you believe that you are on the right path.
I do.
Quote:
...I wish you much luck on your journey and hope that someday you find peace and let go of all the anger.
Thank you for the "luck?" which I consider "blessings" from God. And your hope for my peace, thank you, I have that too...but anger?...nope...no anger at all.

May God bless you Dewdrop.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,200,844 times
Verna - I hope one day you can see yourself clearly. That is what I wish for you.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:05 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,227,889 times
Quote:
Verna - I hope one day you can see yourself clearly. That is what I wish for you.
Being perfect is hard work, I imagine it makes her testy.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
That Day, standing before my King, seeing Him as He is, because I will be like Him, is THE Day I will see myself clearly...and I cannot wait for that glorious day!...and my heartfelt, earnest hope is that you will be there too...that is my wish for you. God Bless you.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

I hope you're there.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Being perfect is hard work, I imagine it makes her testy.
awww hilgi...it's all good!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Verna is too embedded and indoctrinated into the wrong view of the nature of God. She cannot even recognize the evil in the elitism and divisiveness that she professes. Until God softens her heart and brings light into the rigid rule-bound darkness she dwells in . . . she cannot really be blamed.
No one can really be blamed for the fact that they are deceived by the doctrines of devils and hardened by the very hand of God ...

Thats why none of us can boast of the fact that Christ chose us to reveal the truth of his plan and purpose for the ages which is the salvation of the world and all beings who dwell therein, and appointed us to bear fruit by plating the seed of his faith in our hearts and providing the increase thereof ...

Old 10-21-2010, 04:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
No one can really be blamed for the fact that they are deceived by the doctrines of devils and hardened by the very hand of God ...

Thats why none of us can boast of the fact that Christ chose us to reveal the truth of his plan and purpose for the ages which is the salvation of the world and all beings who dwell therein, and appointed us to bear fruit by plating the seed of his faith in our hearts and providing the increase thereof ...
And for those who do not have the "Kingdom of God" dwelling in their heart, they are not in the kingdom of God.

"And without faith, [the kingdom of God] it is impossible to please God"

1 John 5:10
Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart.
Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar,
because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

Anyone who does not believe, God will call such a person "a liar" ...... and there will be no liars in heaven Revelation 21:8

Old 10-21-2010, 04:15 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,955,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Anyone who does not believe, God will call such a person "a liar" ...... and there will be no liars in heaven Revelation 21:8

That is right, when the lying spirit is removed, the person will suffer loss but he himself shall be saved. Anyone who is truly caught in a lie by someone they look up to will understand what this is about.

Indeed, no liars in what the bible says is heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity