Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM

285 posts, read 1,205,783 times

Advertisements

I believe in Jesus Christ, I know God is here as in I believe that God exist!
I prayed a few times and I still feel God wont answer me.

What do I have to do to get God to hear me? Saying prayers out loud instead of whispering, Candles, to I need to pray to a Saint to pray for me and can pray to God who can help me..... something.

Last edited by TySky; 08-12-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
I am not a Christian and usually do not post in this section.

I believe God(swt) hears and knows all prayers.

I have a question for you: What makes you think your prayers are not answered?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
What Woodrow asked.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TySky View Post

What do I have to do to get God to hear me? Saying prayers out loud instead of whispering, Candles, to I need to pray to a Saint to pray for me and can pray to God who can help me..... something.
How do you know God hasn't answered you?

Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,170 times
You should get the book "love to pray". It changed my life. Basically, you need to pray for God's will, not your own. Thank God for all your blessings, ask for forgiveness for your sins, pray for your enemies in addition to those you love, ask God to reveal his will to you all in Jesus name. Follow what He tells you to do and your life will start to fall into place. God answers prayers in His time not our time. Pray consistently! And often throughout each day. Trust in His ultimate wisdom.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,076,456 times
He's listening- you don't need to do anything, other than talk to Him. Personally, I don't believe you need candles, or someone else to pray to God on your behalf- He's there, He's listening---you can even talk to Him throughout the day, you don't have to be on your knees, or in a church...He's listening. Talk to Him just like you're talking to us on here....I do this all the time- I don't 'hear' anything audible, but I talk to Him many times a day. Read the bible- He speaks to us through His Word. Someone once told me many years ago to read 1st John every day for a week. I always used the Living Bible or NIV, just easier to understand, and didn't feel so stuffy, lol-

Old 08-13-2013, 08:36 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,387 times
Quote:

MANY wants to believe ALL and every prayer to God is heard. Though some would say it's a lie and a false teaching. because many christians, wants to believe they have a first class ticket to Heaven, and Jesus and God sees them as faithful servants. Remember the story Jesus told of the arrogant prayer? Jesus said ,(Matt.7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord,...). At (Luke18:6-8),Jesus showed some thought God wasn't hearing his peoples cry, not true. Still he will answer when he feel the time is right. I've heard MANY ask for help ,yet refuse to hear the truth. MANY say pray to Jesus, some end their prayer with...”in YOUR name”. Jesus DON'T hear prayers to himself, why? ,because he TAUGHT his followers who to pray to and what basically to say ,(Matt.6:9-15). MANY can recite the “Lords Prayer”, but they really don't understand what Jesus was teaching to say.

MANY feel they're going to Heaven, yet Jesus told us to pray for the kingdom to be on earth, just like in Heaven, and it will be ,(Psa. 37:9-11 ,Eccle. 1:4 and Isa. 45:18). At (verse 9“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name”), Jesus taught us to pray to his Father, and make his NAME Holy and Honor it ,(is what Hallow means).ANYTHING Jesus do, it's because of his Father, NOT of his own ,(John5:30). Jesus made his Father's name known to those who ALREADY worshiped his Father, just didn't know his name,(John17:6-8). God who allowed ALL who serve him, to use the name Jehovah. when he decided to, gave the name to Moses ,(Exo.6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known tothem). NO one can just go to Jesus Father, unless they come through Jesus ,(John14:6), Jesus meant through prayer.

Remember the faithful servants of old didn't JUST pray to the God of Israel,(Jehovah),They had to do it through animal sacrifices. Because they were imperfect , so are we! Jesus died a perfect man. This is why we pray to Jehovah God in Jesus name. Jesus is the Mediator between imperfect us, and perfect God ,(1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men,the man Christ Jesus). Are you getting to KNOW Jesus Father? ' this means our life ,(John17:3). Are you trying to the WILL of his Father?,it means our life ,and he will hear our prayers ,(Matt.7:21 and John 9:31). I’ve prayed MANY times , but it wasn't answer at that moment, sometimes it took years. And though I’ve prayed forthe same thing ,(no selfish prayers, Jehovah and Jesus hates those ),over again, I had hope Jehovah would hear me, and he have.

I try NOT to follow the ways of the world, as Jesus didn't do ,(John17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). And I make sure I preach about Jehovah’s kingdom, as Jesus commanded ,(Matt.28:19,20 ,John 20:21, Matt.24:14 and Matt.10:5-15).some have said it was ONLY for the Apostles, NOT true, Jesus KNEW they wouldn't live forever! The Apostles once Jesus died, had the job of teachings other to do the same thing ,(Acts8:3). so make sure you're truly following Jesus teachings. NOT Following your own worldly wants ,(Luke9:23). NOT loving the world and things of it ,(1John 2:15,16). make sure you want to learn the truth regardless ,(Rom.10:2 and 1Tim. 2:3). and understand Jehovah God through Jesus, hears the prayers of those serving him ,(Isa.59:1,2 and Pro.1:28-31 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eatof the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices).peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 08-13-2013 at 08:46 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:

Even the most devout Christians have at times felt that God was distant and wouldn't hear them. Thankfully it's not about a feeling. If Christ is your Lord--you have trusted in him and the sacrifice he made on the cross for your sin, then he hears you. You are able to boldly go before God and ask for his attention.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:

I would ignore anything said from somebody who bows before a false god of Muslims, or in the next breath points people away from the only source of absolute truth ... for God says of such prayers:
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Psalm 34:15-16
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to blot out their name from the earth.

rather do what God considers to be of "more noble character" an examine the Scriptures (the Bible) ... from them Jesus taught, which we can only know for sure the absolute truth.
John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:13-14
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Praying "out loud" because you think God doesn't hear isn't necessary:
Romans 8:26-27
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,827,261 times
You seem to be saying that 'you are not hearing God's answer, so He must not be listening.' Think about what you are saying for a minute. The problem is most likely with YOUR listening .... not God's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity