Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 05:03 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's not crazy... it's Satan's timeless lie.
Sometimes it's refereed to as humanism, other times it's called universalism.

The question that those who listen to Satan has historically answered "yes".
The question that is recorded in Job is:
Job 34:33
Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent?
Yes.. because God's love
Yes... because God's desire
Yes..... because God's reconciliation
Yes....... because despite what God says to the contrary
Yes........ because I refuse to listen to other scriptures that specifically says the contrary to my pov.

Therefore to keep it "yes" ...

Yes.. because there is no hell
Yes... because I might concede a "hell" but it's not eternal... it's an "age"
Yes .... because otherwise God is some _____________ (unflattering adjective)
Yes ...... because the punishment doesn't fit the crime
Yes ........ because then God can be whomever \ whatever I want him to be
Here's another who thinks he can bless a sinner, but God cannot .

To every one who asks, give; and from him who takes away your property, do not demand it back. This is the word of God and the word of God is God . So God does what is word says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 05:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Here's another who thinks he can bless a sinner, but God cannot .

To every one who asks, give; and from him who takes away your property, do not demand it back. This is the word of God and the word of God is God . So God does what is word says.
Unless if it's Matthew 25:41-46 .... then it doesn't, right?
Unless if it's John 3:36 .... then it doesn't, right?
Unless if it's Revelation 20-21 ....then it doesn't, right?
Unless if it's 1 Corinthians 6:9 .... then it doesn't, right?

Unless another person uses
the spaghetti stick test on the wall to verses,
has no wanton desire to apply context,
has no realization that just because one who thinks that hop-scotching random verses has no connection to the topic being taught..
thus justifying their hatred of the truth, for the tuth

then yes, someone like myself could be demented enough to think that he can bless a sinner, but God cannot.
But alas... since God does none of those things, and I believe all the Bible is the truth, then one must suspect why the person makes the statement to begin with.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:

has no realization that just because one who thinks that hop-scotching random verses has no connection to the topic being taught..

then yes, someone like myself could be demented enough to think that he can bless a sinner, but God cannot.
But alas... since God does none of those things, and I believe all the Bible is the truth, then one must suspect why the person makes the statement to begin with.
You held yourself higher in nature and character than God. If you can give to those you look down upon as sinners, the Living God can out give you in giving to those He looks upon in love, grace and mercy. Thank God that God is not the God of the dead( orthodox Christianity).

Old 06-22-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Your post demonstrates your hate the truth. For you hate anything that shows any glimmer of love, grace and mercy towards the sinner you look down upon, unless they first meet your criteria of truth. Thankfully the Great physician does not look down upon His patients like orthodox Christianity does.

Actually you have no idea what the bible is saying, whether you believe it is the truth or not. Believing it is the truth impresses no one, and God certainly his not impressed that you believe it to be the truth. They honor me with their lips( I belve the bible is the truth), but their hearts are ar from me, why ?, because He's shown you what to do... To love mercy and to do justly and walk humbly with your God, walking humbly is loving mercy and doing justly and you despise the grace, love and mercy extended towards those you believe do not deserve it.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-22-2012 at 06:43 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 PM

661 posts, read 623,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Unbelievable!!!!!!

How is it you can meet the need of a sinner but God cannot. Thank God that God is not like your god.

God's love is mocked daily by the teachings and doctrines of men not the world who knows no better, Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
Sorry, exactly what part of my post is hard for you to believe?

To sum it up for you again: God requires repentance. God is pursuing all people with His incredible love demonstrated at Calvary. It is not God who needs to change - He has always been FOR US!! It is mankind who has rebelled and yes, rebellion incites God's anger which will be poured out on a fast-approaching Day.

You deny that men and women "know better"? You deny that their consciences instruct them and either accuse or excuse them? God's judgement is coming and people need to be urgently warned.

Do you really think I take some kind of self righteous satisfaction in this knowledge??!

"Knowing the terror of the Lord, we persuade men...."

Last edited by Steph1980; 06-22-2012 at 09:38 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
Sorry, exactly what part of my post is hard for you to believe?

To sum it up for you again: God requires repentance. God is pursuing all people with His incredible love demonstrated at Calvary. It is not God who needs to change - He has always been FOR US!! It is mankind who has rebelled and yes, rebellion incites God's anger which will be poured out on a fast-approaching Day.

You deny that men and women "know better"? You deny that their consciences instruct them and either accuse or excuse them? God's judgement is coming and people need to be urgently warned.

Do you really think I take some kind of self righteous satisfaction in this knowledge??!

"Knowing the terror of the Lord, we persuade men...."
The fact you can give to a "sinner" and God cannot. That is unbelievable

Your point all along is that God cannot do anything for a sinner unless he repents first. Before you do anything for someone, do you do it after deciding whether they are deserving or not ?

Not once have I denied our consciences instruct us, which is irrelevant to this discussion. The reason we sin is because we believe we are sinners, that is why most of Christendom struggles with sin, it is ever before their conscience , like yourself it is the focal point of what you talk about and think about. The remedy is to walk in unconditional forgiveness to yourself and the world. Self righteous Christendom Is holding the world accountable and keeping it in darkness.

Each post of yours is loaded with self righteous judgement towards the world.

He causes the sun to shine on the righteous and the unrighteous, but this kind of scripture means nothing to you,because you see the sinner as undeserving of anything,loving your enemies means nothing to because they do not deserve it, and do not try and deny this, because your stand is the sinners need cannot be met unless he repents.

What you deny the world is the heart of the Father " Father forgive them for they know not what they do" You can bang on about how the sinner you look down upon should know better, I will speak of the forgiveness spoken and expressed from a man dying on a cross,who said they did not KNOW what they were doing.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 PM

63 posts, read 83,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I am not a Christian, but the scripture you quote from John was NOT said by the Jesus fellow. That was an assumption made by his rivals the Pharisees, if I recall.
Joh 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

How did they 'know.?'

Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

As to Pharisees:

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

They had a pretty good working knowledge of Scripture.

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Shalom,
Tom

Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, then he can never hear anyone.
He hears everything. To whom that he responds is the issue.

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Mat_12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Shalom,
Tom

Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,351,988 times

Sin is the transgression of God's Law.

Jesus Christ kept God's Law perfectly.

He who aspires to be Christ-like, should also love and obey God's Law.

Isaiah 1 - read the entire chapter

Here is 'God does not hear evildoer prayers' excerpt:

" When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide my eyes from you;
even if you offer many prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are full of blood;
wash and make yourselves clean.

Take your evil deeds
out of my sight!
Stop doing wrong,
learn to do right! "

Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I'm a sinner, and God obviously hears my prayers as they are usually answered. I don't care what anyone says.

As a matter of fact i am very thankful for this thread, because i am certain that there are many others on this forum Whom you guys confuse and cause to sway in their faith in Christ as their savior because of your false teaching who will recognize and be convinced that you're lying, because they will know from first hand experience that God answers their prayers even though they are sinners ...

Peace ...
1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but is for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

We need to realize there is a distinction between those who walk in the flesh and those who walk in the spirit,

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying:

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

You are serving sin? You are rebellious not obedient? You are not fulfilling the Law?

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Shalom,
Tom

Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity