Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 PM

63 posts, read 82,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Let's identify the hypocrit first............... No other than the bible quoting Pharisee, the bigger hypocrit's are usually the more eloquent ones. Most Christians testify of themselves as being a sinner saved by grace, a poor humble sinner, a sinner under construction, and no one is perfect but Jesus, so ya'll sinners in your own eyes right ?. And the reason 99% of what you all call prayer doesn't get answered is because you still beleve you are sinners, and God according to what you believe does not answer the prayer of sinners, so you just pass of all answered prayer as not being His will.
Hi,

Let me understand... Are you saying that there are no righteous Remnant? That everyone is a sinner? I can not quite understand the above. Please clarify.

Jas_5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
1Pe_4:18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?
2Pe_2:8 (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds),

The Pharisee "trusted in himself that he was righteous." The believer seeks God's righteousness. We do not arrogantly boast in ourselves. We boast in God.

1Co 1:31 so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

The sinner prays, "Deliver me." The saint prays, "THANK YOU for delivering me from a filthy existence." The saint is full of gratitude.

He has transformed us and washed us and enlivened us.

2Co_1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

We praise God for deliverance. He gets all the credit for everything. Repentance, transformation, everything.

Shalom,
Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 AM

381 posts, read 799,207 times
let me just say that suggesting God does not hear sinners is simply a false teaching..

Jesus said whoever comes to me I will by no means cast out

Jesus said come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest

He called the apostles all of whom were not saved and knew not the Messiah

HE ALSO SAVED THE THIEF ON THE CROSS AT THE VERY EDGE OF DEATH WHO HAD SINNED HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND KNEW HIM NOT

this teaching about sinners being separated from God relies solely on the human ability to somehow stop sinning which we know this side of glory is impossible

it also denies the saving power of God's grace which is the bedrock for all christians..Eph 2:8

John 3:18 He who believes is not condemned

so in summary, these tirades which i clearly see as totally false relying on human power and not the indwelt spiritual power of the Holy Spirit which comes as a result of confession and belief, Romans 10:9

will dangerously confuse people to think they can control whether or not they have good standing with God..

we cannot add to the finished work of the shed blood of Christ.. never..repeat never.

verna I love you, but twisting scripture and adding man made doctrine..IS NEVER GOOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING GOD...

SAVED BY GRACE , HONEY...ALWAYS AND FOREVER...

Old 08-18-2012, 03:52 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
let me just say that suggesting God does not hear sinners is simply a false teaching..

Jesus said whoever comes to me I will by no means cast out

Jesus said come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest

He called the apostles all of whom were not saved and knew not the Messiah

HE ALSO SAVED THE THIEF ON THE CROSS AT THE VERY EDGE OF DEATH WHO HAD SINNED HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND KNEW HIM NOT

this teaching about sinners being separated from God relies solely on the human ability to somehow stop sinning which we know this side of glory is impossible

it also denies the saving power of God's grace which is the bedrock for all christians..Eph 2:8

John 3:18 He who believes is not condemned

so in summary, these tirades which i clearly see as totally false relying on human power and not the indwelt spiritual power of the Holy Spirit which comes as a result of confession and belief, Romans 10:9

will dangerously confuse people to think they can control whether or not they have good standing with God..

we cannot add to the finished work of the shed blood of Christ.. never..repeat never.

verna I love you, but twisting scripture and adding man made doctrine..IS NEVER GOOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING GOD...

SAVED BY GRACE , HONEY...ALWAYS AND FOREVER...
Greetings Dave.

So, would you please point out to me and every other reader here on this board which of the following passages in Scripture I have (as you accuse me of), "twisted" and explain just how it is that I twisted it...and while you are at it...would you please show me where I have (as you accuse me of), "added" my own doctrine ? Pleae be clear and specific for me/us. Thank you so much.....

Hebrews 7:26 "For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and has become higher than the heavens." If you are a sinner Jesus Christ does not live in your heart as the Word of God clearly says you are separate from Him. Sin separates you from God, therefore, being a sinner makes you separate.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; ]But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." God is saying here that He hears the prayers of the righteous but those who do evil (sinners) are not His and His face is set against them. If God is against you, are you saved? Certainly not!

Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." The Lord says that Jesus died for us while we WERE STILL sinners. That is past tense. Jesus Christ died for sinners. Jesus rose from the dead as a promise to those who followed after Him who would die in the flesh to their sins. His death was the atonement. His resurrection was the promise. You don't get the promise without the atonement. If you want to follow Jesus you must walk where He walked. You must go where He went. When Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, let him take up his cross, and follow Me." Follow Him? Where was Jesus going? To the crucifixion at Calvary. That too is where you must go. The path to the resurrection goes straight through the crucifixion.

If you want to be resurrected like Christ and be with Him you must crucify your flesh on the cross.

Galatians 5:24, " Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." You must crucify your sin. That is repentance. Once that is done then your spirit is raised from the dead in Christ and you are saved. Then you become born again as Jesus said in John 3:3 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But being born again means dying first. If you are still a sinner you are still the old you and not born again as the new you.

The Word says you become a new creation in Christ when you get born again (2 Corithians 5:17). If you still sin wilfully, how are you a new creation? If you say that you are saved and Christ lives in you and yet you cannot stop willfully sinning then you are saying that Christ living in you is weaker than the Devil outside of you who causes you to sin. But if you willfully sin Christ is not in you.

Once you have crucified your flesh and the Holy Spirit does indeed live in you then you will have the power of God Himself to walk apart from sin. Then you will be transformed into a SAINT.

God Bless you Dave...and I pray He finds the eyes of your heart to be opened to His truth one wonderful day....that will be a day of great blessings for you...as you will finally be set free from TRULY MAN MADE, FALSE, TWISTED DOCTRINE.

Love,
Verna.

P.S. I never said the He didn't hear the cry of the repented, contrite heart....He knows those hearts..and He hears those prayers...but do not be fooled into believing that He allows for one second, one to fall back willfully, into their sinful, wicked ways, and continues to hear their prayers...as shown above, Scripture says otherwise....and it is not His word that has been twisted, but one's thinking.......it is truth, whether you believe it or not.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tyson View Post
Hi,

Let me understand... Are you saying that there are no righteous Remnant? That everyone is a sinner? I can not quite understand the above. Please clarify.

Jas_5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
1Pe_4:18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?
2Pe_2:8 (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds),

The Pharisee "trusted in himself that he was righteous." The believer seeks God's righteousness. We do not arrogantly boast in ourselves. We boast in God.

1Co 1:31 so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

The sinner prays, "Deliver me." The saint prays, "THANK YOU for delivering me from a filthy existence." The saint is full of gratitude.

He has transformed us and washed us and enlivened us.

2Co_1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

We praise God for deliverance. He gets all the credit for everything. Repentance, transformation, everything.

Shalom,
Tom
No Tom, I am saying we are what are exactly what we believe we are in our heart( there is no escaping it).

Old 08-18-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Greetings Dave.

So, would you please point out to me and every other reader here on this board which of the following passages in Scripture I have (as you accuse me of), "twisted" and explain just how it is that I twisted it...and while you are at it...would you please show me where I have (as you accuse me of), "added" my own doctrine ? Pleae be clear and specific for me/us. Thank you so much.....

Hebrews 7:26 "For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and has become higher than the heavens." If you are a sinner Jesus Christ does not live in your heart as the Word of God clearly says you are separate from Him. Sin separates you from God, therefore, being a sinner makes you separate.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; ]But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." God is saying here that He hears the prayers of the righteous but those who do evil (sinners) are not His and His face is set against them. If God is against you, are you saved? Certainly not!

Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." The Lord says that Jesus died for us while we WERE STILL sinners. That is past tense. Jesus Christ died for sinners. Jesus rose from the dead as a promise to those who followed after Him who would die in the flesh to their sins. His death was the atonement. His resurrection was the promise. You don't get the promise without the atonement. If you want to follow Jesus you must walk where He walked. You must go where He went. When Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, let him take up his cross, and follow Me." Follow Him? Where was Jesus going? To the crucifixion at Calvary. That too is where you must go. The path to the resurrection goes straight through the crucifixion.

If you want to be resurrected like Christ and be with Him you must crucify your flesh on the cross.

Galatians 5:24, " Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." You must crucify your sin. That is repentance. Once that is done then your spirit is raised from the dead in Christ and you are saved. Then you become born again as Jesus said in John 3:3 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But being born again means dying first. If you are still a sinner you are still the old you and not born again as the new you.

The Word says you become a new creation in Christ when you get born again (2 Corithians 5:17). If you still sin wilfully, how are you a new creation? If you say that you are saved and Christ lives in you and yet you cannot stop willfully sinning then you are saying that Christ living in you is weaker than the Devil outside of you who causes you to sin. But if you willfully sin Christ is not in you.

Once you have crucified your flesh and the Holy Spirit does indeed live in you then you will have the power of God Himself to walk apart from sin. Then you will be transformed into a SAINT.

God Bless you Dave...and I pray He finds the eyes of your heart to be opened to His truth one wonderful day....that will be a day of great blessings for you...as you will finally be set free from TRULY MAN MADE, FALSE, TWISTED DOCTRINE.

Love,
Verna.

P.S. I never said the He didn't hear the cry of the repented, contrite heart....He knows those hearts..and He hears those prayers...but do not be fooled into believing that He allows for one second, one to fall back willfully, into their sinful, wicked ways, and continues to hear their prayers...as shown above, Scripture says otherwise....and it is not His word that has been twisted, but one's thinking.......it is truth, whether you believe it or not.
What you do not seem to understand Verna Perry about the sin committed in ignorance that you justify yourself with is, you need delivering from that just as much as you would wilful sin.

The fact is the sin committed in ignorance by you originated in you, the God you claim you know did not put it in you,the only ignorance about the whole thing is you are ignorant that you are the cause of what you call sin committed in ignorance ( it needs dealing with not justified in yourself and condemned in another). You somewhere in time looked upon, thought and desired something and it conceived in you, calling it sin committed in ignorance doesn't cut it with God.

At least those deliberately/willfully sinning know they are doing it, those who justify themselves by claiming their sin is done in ignorance are blind and will die in their sin.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 AM

Default God does not hear the prayers of sinners.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Your argument is with God the Father, not me, so take it up with His Righteous and Just Son, Jesus Christ our King and Judge, when you stand before Him on The Day of The Lord.

God Bless you.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Your argument is with God the Father, not me, so take it up with His Righteous and Just Son, Jesus Christ our King and Judge, when you stand before Him on The Day of The Lord.

God Bless you.
Your justifying of yourself that the sin you commit is not an issue needs your immediate attention and open heart to the Truth, otherwise you will die in the sin of ignorance.

He who the son sets free is free indeed.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Your justifying of yourself that the sin you commit is not an issue needs your immediate attention and open heart to the Truth, otherwise you will die in the sin of ignorance.

He who the son sets free is free indeed.
Like I said,

God Bless you.

...and now I am done with our conversation.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 AM

The only reason the sin you call ignorance is committed in ignorance is you forgot in times past you conceived it. This is the only difference between willful and ignorant sin. At least the prostitutes, tax collectors and publicans were not in denial in regards to wilful sin,they were fully aware they chose those states, those who justified themselves the bible calls Pharisees .

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.James 1:15

Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
The only reason the sin you call ignorance is committed in ignorance is you forgot in times past you conceived it. This is the only difference between willful and ignorant sin.
At least the prostitutes, tax collectors and publicans were not in denial in regards to willful sin, they were fully aware they chose those states, those who justified themselves the bible calls Pharisees.

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:15
Humanity had wit, grace, and beauty; but most of all, it had truth.
Unfortunately, mankind continues to ignorantly "miss the mark."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity