Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes it is my spouse, any other questions?
To avoid misunderstandings, why not refer to him/her as your husband or wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 02:03 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
When you are referring to your companion, do you mean your spouse? If not, and you are engaging in sexual activity with this person, then you're living in fornication (sin) and God is not behind your so called granted prayer request.
Way to hunt out and judge those sinners! Just what God wants us to do, good judgement!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:

Ask satan, his angles and Adam and Eve if His gifts are irrevocable.
I did something better i sought the scripture and found in Romans 11 verse 29 that the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable

Old 10-19-2010, 02:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Jesus healed a man and told him to sin no more, lest a worst thing come upon him.

It does not say that Jesus would take away the miracle of healing performed on him .

Old 10-19-2010, 02:14 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
To avoid misunderstandings, why not refer to him/her as your husband or wife?

My partner and companion in life for 28 years is exactly what my spouse is to me, I am not sure what would be misunderstood by anyone not trying to cast a negative shadow.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:19 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
My partner and companion in life for 28 years is exactly what my spouse is to me, I am not sure what would be misunderstood by anyone not trying to cast a negative shadow.
Partner and Companion are words that the gay community uses for their significant others. I think scgraham is trying to figure out if you're gay. I could be wrong....and yeah, I'm blunt. Sorry.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:21 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Partner and Companion are words that the gay community uses for their significant others. I think scgraham is trying to figure out if you're gay. I could be wrong....and yeah, I'm blunt. Sorry.
He was fishing to try to avoid being wrong about his theology, it failed. I am glad you are blunt, so am I.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
1 Corinthians 13:4-5
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

And ...

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

So If God is love, and love keeps no record of wrongs, then Verna and ScGrahams teachings that God will eternally damn most of humanity and does not answer their prayers is a lie of Satan.

Does that mean that god will not chastise the wicked for wrong doing? Not at all ... He will chastise all of those whom he loves and that is everyone, and they will be purified by his chastisement.

His judgment is not simply to hurt and destroy those who do wrong(everybody), but it is to make them learn righteousness.

If Verna and ScGraham are telling the truth, then God does not answer the prayers of children. I have never met a child who did not sin ... Who were not at times rebellious, who never lied, who never disobeyed. Or a pubescent teen who never lusted, or who never intentionally hurt others.

Doctrine of devils ... Get behind us Satan.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
...Even the vilest of all sinners can be redeemed. God hears our soul longings, not words on a page. When the sinner longs with his heart for his salvation, God will grant Him his prayer...
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111
...Shame on you for thinking and believing you are worthless and not deserving of His love.
I never said I felt worthless...quite the contrary...I know how valuable I am to Him...in His eyes, I am priceless...worth more than all the silver and gold in the world...

I mean I am unworthy in the sense that I know it is my duty to obey Him if I truly love Him...as THIS IS! the love of God..to keep His commandments, and enjoy it!...I should have made myself more clearer. I know He sees all things...and I will stand confident on THAT Day...knowing that that He knows I have lived my life for Him...worthy to be considered a son of God...part of the brethren.

Luke 17:20 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.'"

Luke 17:9 Would he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do?

Blessings.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It does not say that Jesus would take away the miracle of healing performed on him .
This is the typical semantics from unilateralists, a slight of words. Notwithstanding, the meaning of the verse is clear: if you sin after being made whole, then something worse will come upon you.

John 5
[8] Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
[9] And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
[10] The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.
[11] He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
[12] Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
[13] And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity