Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 AM

188 posts, read 477,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I've never had as much as a flat tire in all of my years living in Chicago.
Id have to agree. Dementor exaggerates BIG TIME. 3 rims? Unless your rolling around on 22s I doubt he has lost ANYTHING. Not to mention I didnt think hertz or enterprise rented cars with that large of rims. However knowing new yorkers and dementor he would need that constant attention

Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
Id have to agree. Dementor exaggerates BIG TIME. 3 rims? Unless your rolling around on 22s I doubt he has lost ANYTHING. Not to mention I didnt think hertz or enterprise rented cars with that large of rims. However knowing new yorkers and dementor he would need that constant attention
Do you actually live in Chicago? Just look around, it's a pothole country.
Make an experiment drive to Lawrence between Cumberland and Des Plains River Road and post your experience here. The same applies to most roads outside of the Loop. Just look at Fullerton in Lincoln Park.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
Unless you moved within the past month dont you still live in manhattan? With that being said i find myself questioning how, if you live in another state does one go thru 3 rims? I have lived here all 22 years of my life and never lost a rim to a pothole. Do you swerve into these pot holes? Are you just trolling the chicago forums on your iphone and you dont see the pothole? Please amuse us....
Amuse you? Are you dellusional? There are potholes everywhere in the city outside of the Loop. Chicago is terrible when it comes to upkeep of its insfrastructure: roads, bridges, overpasses. Old pavement, horizontal signage that is almost invisible and potholes that could easilly swallow Geo Metro. Have you seen a decent road in your life?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,507,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Me thinks you have not been too the third world much.
I guess, Costa Rica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guatamala, Venezuela, Panama, Jamaica, St. Lucia, just to name a few wouldn't count. You're right I haven't been to any poor places. Get a life and try to go and experience a nice city for a change before sticking up for this corrupt dump.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
It actually has more to do with freeze/thaw cycles.
I guess the freeze thaw cycles stop at the Illinois state line. Guess it never goes down below freezing in Wisconsin where the roads are just fine or in Indiana where again the roads are just fine, or Missouri, or even Iowa for that matter and now that is pitaful.

Example (Chicago) and this is one of the better roads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdefc3hdQs

Example (Milwaukee) other than for the sewers, the roads seem ok. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QthBT1Jpgs Nope no freeze thaw cycles there.

Tip: The politicians want you to believe the weather is the cause of the crappy roads, well as Tom in Tom and Jerry would say, "Don't you believe them"

Last edited by NYrules; 05-06-2009 at 10:38 AM..

Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Get a life and try to go and experience a nice city for a change before sticking up for this corrupt dump.
Wow, mighty defensive there. I have only lived in Chicago for a year. So yes, I have experienced other cities.

I cant speak for any of the places you claim to have been, since I have not been to any of them.

That said, I have been to India and Thailand. The day I set foot in India is the day I stopped comparing things in America to the third world. It amazes me that someone as traveled as you would be so ignorant. Im sure you just have an axe to grind with the city, which is cool, have fun with it.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I guess the freeze thaw cycles stop at the Illinois state line. Guess it never goes down below freezing in Wisconsin where the roads are just fine or in Indiana where again the roads are just fine, or Missouri, or even Iowa for that matter and now that is pitaful.
Missouri and Iowa's roads are not fine.

St. Louis also has a big problem with potholes. Too add, making the drive on I-70 from Stl to KC is like riding a roller coaster.

Iowa has some of the worst roads I have ever traveled on.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Wow, mighty defensive there. I have only lived in Chicago for a year. So yes, I have experienced other cities.

I cant speak for any of the places you claim to have been, since I have not been to any of them.

That said, I have been to India and Thailand. The day I set foot in India is the day I stopped comparing things in America to the third world. It amazes me that someone as traveled as you would be so ignorant. Im sure you just have an axe to grind with the city, which is cool, have fun with it.
Ignorant? I believe the complete Ignoramous would be you as you have NOTHING to back up your case with other than to name call.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Missouri and Iowa's roads are not fine.

St. Louis also has a big problem with potholes. Too add, making the drive on I-70 from Stl to KC is like riding a roller coaster.

Iowa has some of the worst roads I have ever traveled on.
Nevertheless I know many people who can't believe how suddenly roads improve once you cross over to Wisconsin. I guess winters are much milder there

Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Ignorant? I believe the complete Ignoramous would be you as you have NOTHING to back up your case with other than to name call.
And you telling me to get a life wasnt the equivalent of name calling.

Again, comparing Chicago to the third world is laughable. If you cant see that then we probably have nothing else to discuss.

Also, calling somebody ignorant isnt name calling. I truely believe you are ignorant of what you are saying. I am not calling you an idiot or stupid. I truly believe you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago