Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:02 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
You know what dude, I'm done with you, anyone that says this looks as good as the MO roads is obviously completely blind Google Maps You're right this looks the same as the links I demonstrated. As said in Skokie , "OY VEY!"
Your sample size is laughable DUDE!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
...As said in Skokie , "OY VEY!"

Quiet down mishugenah.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:24 PM

11 posts, read 21,665 times
Sorry but the roads around here are really bad. LIke really really bad. I just took the kids on a weekend getaway and the roads in the other states were much better.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:31 PM

188 posts, read 477,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Amuse you? Are you dellusional? There are potholes everywhere in the city outside of the Loop. Chicago is terrible when it comes to upkeep of its insfrastructure: roads, bridges, overpasses. Old pavement, horizontal signage that is almost invisible and potholes that could easilly swallow Geo Metro. Have you seen a decent road in your life?
Yet you never clarify where you live. DEMENTOR YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK. Get out of the chicago forums and spreading your anti-chicago propaganda. You dont live here, stop talking like you know all about chicago and what its like to live in Illinois. You wouldnt think pot holes would matter to a 15 year old new yorker.....ride your bike on the sidewalk not the street son.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,509,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom1 View Post
Sorry but the roads around here are really bad. LIke really really bad. I just took the kids on a weekend getaway and the roads in the other states were much better.
Thank you. Where you at ma?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM

11 posts, read 21,665 times
MOved a while ago to Roselle.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times
Yep, the roads have sucked the past couple of years. We all know that.

Anyway, my beef if with NYrules saying that he pays the highest taxes in the nation, and then he posts an article about certain types of taxes being too high. It's fine to complain about our absurd sales, cigarette, and other ridiculous taxes and fees. But our overall tax burden in Illinois is actually near the middle of the pack for the fifty states. On another thread I posted two articles about this--one that had us at 22nd nationally and the other at 30th nationally. I can't find that post with the links now, however...

I'm not sure how Quinn's income tax increase will affect our rankings... I hope he doesn't get it passed.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:52 PM

188 posts, read 477,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom1 View Post
Your right our roads do need work, there is no question. You need to ask yourself a simple population question though. Iowa probably doesnt have a tenth of Chicagos traffic. Milwaukee is probably looking at a fourth of Chicagos traffic. You get my point? Its not exactly easy to just trot out on a road and start slapping down tar and gravel to fix a pot hole. Because then people complain that the roads are getting fixed but there are IDOT trucks plaguing the highways and creating gridlock. Guess what SHUT UP about potholes. Avoid them and continue driving. Im amused at the # of people that seem to have their day wrecked because of a pothole....

Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
Yet you never clarify where you live. DEMENTOR YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK. Get out of the chicago forums and spreading your anti-chicago propaganda. You dont live here, stop talking like you know all about chicago and what its like to live in Illinois. You wouldnt think pot holes would matter to a 15 year old new yorker.....ride your bike on the sidewalk not the street son.
No reason to get defensive, we all know that despite potholes, taxes, corruption and weather Chicago is great city

Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
Your right our roads do need work, there is no question. You need to ask yourself a simple population question though. Iowa probably doesnt have a tenth of Chicagos traffic. Milwaukee is probably looking at a fourth of Chicagos traffic. You get my point? Its not exactly easy to just trot out on a road and start slapping down tar and gravel to fix a pot hole. Because then people complain that the roads are getting fixed but there are IDOT trucks plaguing the highways and creating gridlock. Guess what SHUT UP about potholes. Avoid them and continue driving. Im amused at the # of people that seem to have their day wrecked because of a pothole....

How typical for Chicago and its government: any slightest complaint provokes excuses and more excuses and then an attack on the one complaining as it was his/her fault the situation is bad. Yeah, shut up soccermom and just swerve around potholes like everyone else... What did you expect, someone actually fixing potholes? Are you insane?
Wow, Chicago is a really great city. I love it, if not for the weather than for the wonderful, friendly and compassionate people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago