Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:14 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
How typical for Chicago and its government: any slightest complaint provokes excuses and more excuses and then an attack on the one complaining as it was his/her fault the situation is bad. Yeah, shut up soccermom and just swerve around potholes like everyone else... What did you expect, someone actually fixing potholes? Are you insane?
Wow, Chicago is a really great city. I love it, if not for the weather than for the wonderful, friendly and compassionate people.
Guess ma is just supposed to be like shes on the obstacle course they do for driver's ed again. You know the one with the orange cones that you have to swerve around and not hit...Wait a minute, maybe that was the public school's way of preparing the new drivers for what's to come as they live here. Now I got it. Guess it gives Chicagoans that wonderful manueverability I see when behind the wheel. Oh and as for potholes ruining your day, ya how about being on the west edge of the loop at 2AM coming back from the bars trying to get onto 90/94 and having the joy of slamming into a giant trench the city had dug all the way across Ontario Street just west of Wells and didn't mark it of course of which caused me to get a flat tire and when I called the city, their response was, "oh well, call the police and have them come out and make a report" Ya if I did that, I'd still be there waiting for CPD to come out and that was back in November. Nothing was more wonderful than blowing out a tire and having a bunch of homeless dudes and gang bangers watching me change a flat tire on a Lexus mind you at 2am. I'm lucky to still be alive and still have my car in my possesion. So yes, that did ruin my night as well as my next day as I had to spend my day getting a new tire and it only cost me $175 thanks to needing SUV tires. Oh wait wait, this is Chicago so I know what I'm gonna hear, don't drive an SUV you should be in a little turd car as this is Chicagoans way of making it the complainer's fault vs. looking at whats really wrong with this city. Guess you're just supposed to expect to get flat tires when trying to get home to get some sleep.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,574 times
Quote:
Oh and as for potholes ruining your day, ya how about being on the west edge of the loop at 2AM coming back from the bars trying to get onto 90/94 and having the joy of slamming into a giant trench the city had dug all the way across Ontario Street just west of Wells of which caused me to get a flat tire and when I called the city, their response was, "oh well, call the police and have them come out and make a report"
Here is an idea. Don't drink and drive.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Here is an idea. Don't drink and drive.

Here's an idea don't sit on here waiting for me and get a life! I didn't have ANY drinks that night as I was the DD.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Here's an idea don't sit on here waiting for me and get a life! I didn't have ANY drinks that night as I was the DD.
Of course you were...

If you look, I had posted a few minutes before you did on another topic. So as much as you want to believe I am on here stalking you, I believe you may be a bit fool of yourself.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Of course you were...

If you look, I had posted a few minutes before you did on another topic. So as much as you want to believe I am on here stalking you, I believe you may be a bit fool of yourself.
Yes I know, you are waiting for Dementor to also make his life a living hell too.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 PM

So your saying i'm making your life a living hell? Im surprised I have such an effect on you.

Maybe you should learn to put things into perspective.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
So your saying i'm making your life a living hell? Im surprised I have such an effect on you.

Maybe you should learn to put things into perspective.
It was a figure of speech. Do you know what figures of speech are Skip?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
It was a figure of speech. Do you know what figures of speech are Skip?
No, can you explain it to me please?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
No, can you explain it to me please?
Good night Mr. Blagojevich, I've had enough. Have fun on here, maybe with some luck Dementor will be up soon for some more playtime with you so you can defend your wonderful Chicago and keep talking in circles on how the city has just everything all peachy and clean. It'll be wonderful. ahhhhh

Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Good night Mr. Blagojevich, I've had enough. Have fun on here, maybe with some luck Dementor will be up soon for some more playtime with you so you can defend your wonderful Chicago and keep talking in circles on how the city has just everything all peachy and clean. It'll be wonderful. ahhhhh
Ok, have a good night. Im really disappointed you couldnt explain to me what a figure of speech was though.

Have a good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago