Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,077,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Your statement does not even deserve a response and neither does any of your future posts on any subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,249,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
To each is own indeed. But the reason why pittsteelersfan's posts get so much pushback is that he doesn't observe this credo himself. It's not just that he states his preferences, but does so in a tone where his preference is the only correct one, and then argues interminably with anyone who doesn't recognize his personal preferences as objectively superior.
That was exactly my beef with what was being said. Just came off "holier than thou"

Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 AM

4 posts, read 22,922 times
Having been in NY, as well as other cities, after the last two months of Chicago winter and relentless wind, I am glad I am in Chicago only temporarily. I also have experienced one of the hottest summers here. NY has more creative flair. Also, am having trouble adjusting to the flat land.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,560,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmonsieur View Post
Having been in NY, as well as other cities, after the last two months of Chicago winter and relentless wind, I am glad I am in Chicago only temporarily. I also have experienced one of the hottest summers here. NY has more creative flair. Also, am having trouble adjusting to the flat land.

Uh-huh, that's nice. We'll be glad when you leave, too. (Oh, and if you're talking about last summer, where are you originally from, Alaska?)

Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,850,842 times
Quote:
Also, am having trouble adjusting to the flat land.
Oh yes, the hills of New York City are just stunning.

You must live in the suburbs to make a comment like this.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM

It's funny how when you live here for long enough you bike and walk everywhere without having hills even enter your realm of reality.

I go to other cities now and am almost aghast when I realize I have to walk/bike up a large hill.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Which summer? They've been pretty good the past few years.

Last year was VERY nice. About as good as you could possibly ask for unless you like warm temps. I think we only had 3 days that cracked 90 degrees, and the humidity was in check almost all summer.

If you're talking last summer you must be from the north pole....

Not sure how it's hard for one to get use to level terrain....I normally have problems dealing with massive hills when trying to get around....not flat surfaces.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:15 PM

527 posts, read 1,247,331 times
Default eck really?

Not a fan of the ladies are you trebeck?

Quote:

Old 02-11-2009, 06:01 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,077,123 times
Quote:
Whaaaaaaaat? The summers in Chicago are WAAAAAAAAAY better than NYC. The East coast is way hotter and more humid during the summer. Most nights in NYC barely drop below the low 70's, 'if' they even do. Chicago's weather is normally gorgeous til after the 4th of July. Then the temps climb, but even then, you get breaks from the real hot and humid weather (especially if live by the lakefront).

NYC ain't windy? I don't know how much time you've spent there? NYC is as windy as Chicago, if not more! (oceanfront city as opposed to a lakefront one). And NYC gets COLD too! And NYC is as FLAT as a pancake! Unless you consider 'little' grades like the one going up Northern BLVD in Queens, or Queens BLVD. NYC certainly ain't no Pittsburgh or San Fran!

Old 03-01-2009, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,515 times
Ok $200 whatever. Don't be fooled. Yeah it's gotta be less stressfull than NYC but the overall feeling here is somewhat of a bubble compared to NYC. All the people that LOVE Chicago, I've found, are from the midwest. For those of us from the coast....Chicago could only WISH to be as great as NYC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago