Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 07:11 AM

1,067 posts, read 914,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlitwanderer View Post
Don't make it a race issue, every single race in this city is involved in crime and victimized. It might not be flash mob style, but don't kid yourself.
I've always said this is a cultural issue within a certain demographic. And that demographic is overwhelmingly responsible for most of the crime in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 09:06 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
I've always said this is a cultural issue within a certain demographic. And that demographic is overwhelmingly responsible for most of the crime in Chicago.
Unfortunately, this is true. We can dance around it all we want, but most of the criminals AND victims in Chicago come from one cultural group. It's just statistics, nothing more, that bear this out.

I hate it, but this is reality here in Chicago.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:07 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
dtcbnd03, so you got me thinking...

We see as many Whites as Blacks that are brought in on new charges and/or warrants.

So in this community, it is almost 50/50.

We have problems, unfortunately, EVERYWHERE!

Mostly drug-related (Possession, Sales, Thefts FOR drugs).

As far as people jumping on buses, etc., I wish I KNEW what has gotten into some people's behavior. Lack of positive parental impact. Lack of parents, in general. Lack of self-control. Lack of self-esteem. Lack of learned empathy. Clearly there is a LOT going on?

How do you MAKE someone be a parent? A GOOD parent, at that??... Makes the situation look bleak, unfortunately.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:48 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,672,289 times
^^ Even being a good parent is often not enough when your family is surrounded by a culture that doesn't support good parenting. Hence the nosediving black population in Chicago caused by as many as possible trying to escape it.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:12 PM

20 posts, read 13,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlitwanderer View Post
Don't make it a race issue, every single race in this city is involved in crime and victimized. It might not be flash mob style, but don't kid yourself.

I have never in my life seen an asian on the news for crimes. and there's the city fastest growing demographic. Never see asians at these dumb pop up events where they cause chaos. Never see asians arrested for carjacking...mhmm...

Old 06-30-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
dtcbnd03, so you got me thinking...

We see as many Whites as Blacks that are brought in on new charges and/or warrants.

So in this community, it is almost 50/50.

We have problems, unfortunately, EVERYWHERE!

Mostly drug-related (Possession, Sales, Thefts FOR drugs).

As far as people jumping on buses, etc., I wish I KNEW what has gotten into some people's behavior. Lack of positive parental impact. Lack of parents, in general. Lack of self-control. Lack of self-esteem. Lack of learned empathy. Clearly there is a LOT going on?

How do you MAKE someone be a parent? A GOOD parent, at that??... Makes the situation look bleak, unfortunately.

50/50 white black? huh? in chicago? like 85% of the crimes in this city is commited by blacks lmao, 12% latino, and i guess 3% white. Stop being disingenuous.

Old 06-30-2022, 04:28 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnydavis View Post
50/50 white black? huh? in chicago? like 85% of the crimes in this city is commited by blacks lmao, 12% latino, and i guess 3% white. Stop being disingenuous.
I suspect by "this community" he means Milwaukee where he's from.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:42 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Bitey, thank you for having my back on this one! I was going to address this earlier when I first saw this, but I had things to do.... Now, I'm seated outside at The Shanty, in Wadsworth. Gorgeous out. And their food is excellent!

So YES. I am employed in the jail/court system on the Wisconsin side of things. And upon looking at the statistics in the community where I'm employed, I noted that it was around 45% of arrests were White and 45% were Black. Filling in the remainder was predominately Hispanics. Asians and Native American are absolutely minimal.

I guess my POINT was that looking at the whole picture, there are communities where Whites can be as involved in the criminal lifestyle as Blacks.

I apologize if I was confusing, or causes any reader to get in deep in their feelings.

I've said it before. I WISH ALL people would stop committing crimes, and force me to lose my current job.

Then I could pursue my international modeling dream!

Old 06-30-2022, 10:53 PM

94 posts, read 104,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnydavis View Post
I have never in my life seen an asian on the news for crimes. and there's the city fastest growing demographic. Never see asians at these dumb pop up events where they cause chaos. Never see asians arrested for carjacking...mhmm...
OMG, have you ever lived in an Asian neighborhood? There are also asian gangs in Chicago in case you didn't know! What you hear on the news is not a good representation of reality. And last I checked Latin Kings seem to have a pretty high hit rate....what happened in Little Village in 2020? I guess you would approve of that! I guess as long as you can commute to Lincoln Park to the Loop with out issue and not be embarrassed in front of friends as someone mentioned then you all don't seem to care much about what goes on and who has to live with what. I guess that's a big part of the problem.

Think back before the Rahm Emanual days when this flash mob thing started, even before the white flight days in history Chicago was still famous for crime. Who put Chicago on the map for crime and made it infamous for gangsters and corruption? It wasn't black people. Wasn't Hispanic people either. It was white gangs, white mobsters, white corrupt officials running everything into the ground. And who did the old Irish and Italian mobsters pass the helm to? Eastern Europeans and Middle Easterners. Doesn't the likes of Rod Blagojevich also embarrass you and leave a stain on the city and state?

And how can you sit here pointing fingers at the "cultural problem" in black communities and even have to nerve to say they are lacking empathy... have you not sat back for even a minute to reflect on the situation of those raised in those communities and how it came about? I think everyone has a right to be angry, frustrated to the max, even unhinged... what else would we expect to happen to any human going through the history and current daily reality they have to deal with. It's not just some kind of character problem or cultural problem, it's a long standing systematic injustice problem. You can't repress a people for so long and then complain at the push back, spill over or whatever way you frame it.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:07 PM

Lmao all the asian neighborhoods in this city are incredibly safe. Anytime you hear about a murder or carjacking in Chinatown, Bridgeport, etc. it's always caused by an outsider. Like that poor chinese man who was executed walking to get the mail by some thug.

Show me a link where an Asian in Chicago commited a crime against another Asian. Never seen it. Thats why I respect them, they practice group economics, refuse to let their communities be taken over by thugs and criminals, and prioritize education. Meanwhile certain races in this city are obsessed with blaming muh white man as if 99% of their problems aren't self inflicted.

Every week I see a story of a little child shot by some gangbanging loser. Where are the protests??? riots??? Why are they not kicking these degenerate oxygen thieves out their community? Oh wait, lets just keep blaming muh white man and muh oppression!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago