Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2024, 05:51 PM

57 posts, read 27,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Because a) a lot of these schools are vipers' dens that NEED police supervision; and b) maybe kids will stop getting shot and killed steps outside their school doors if there's a police presence on-site... like Senn used to have until they decided to get rid the school resource officer.

Meanwhile, another victory for equitable policing: Mayor Johnson to end ShotSpotter deal after summer, making good on key campaign promise
Cops job isn't to baby sit kids. If there a lot of shootings happening outside of schools then post cops outside of schools. None of these shooters were students at the school.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 09:29 PM

10,046 posts, read 5,761,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nailz View Post
Cops job isn't to baby sit kids.
If that's what it takes to keep the vipers in check... then yeah, sometimes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nailz View Post
If there a lot of shootings happening outside of schools then post cops outside of schools. None of these shooters were students at the school.
Remind me what your previous screen name was?

Old 02-15-2024, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Remind me what your previous screen name was?
Mango Mussolini

Old 02-18-2024, 04:31 AM

2,341 posts, read 2,950,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
quigboto, my friend, and THAT is what made me lose further faith in humanity.

You heard the story how I helped a guy in Norwood Park that was shot twice when he called for help from the sidewalk.

I got over to him to help him as fast as I could, and never once hesitated to help a person in need!

Stay well, my friend.
Master Jay, that sounds like quite a disturbing experience. I hope you and the person getting shot at are doing well.

Sometimes I get the impression Chicago is starting to look like the New York from a Charles Bronson movie with crime just happening everywhere.

Old 02-18-2024, 08:29 AM

4,672 posts, read 3,323,797 times
drro, thank you for checking in, my friend.

That incident took place while I was on a first date. I was introducing a Cicero lady to Lincoln Square for their Apple Fest.... Afterwards, we were going to check out Little Bar in Norwood Park.... We were just north of Super Dawg when we heard 2 shots. In all my travels I personally never heard gunshots, and certainly nothing of concern in the Norwood Park neighborhood!

I called 9-1-1 as soon as I saw the man run onto the sidewalk, and pulled into the parking lot of the gas station, where he sat on boxes of windshield wash.

It was a warm night, so I had on a t-shirt. I took it off and applied it as a tourniquet on his left arm. I could see blood spurting with each heartbeat and his blood went down both of my arms.... I never witnessed anything like this, but I knew I had to stay calm and keep him calm!.... When the medics came, they took over.... And then I started looking for the bullet casings. Police were on the scene and asked if I was an Undercover

I then went to Little Bar and bought everyone in there a round of drinks, and I said: Tonight, we celebrate LIFE!

Old 02-18-2024, 09:31 AM

10,046 posts, read 5,761,345 times
Another fine illustration of our feckless criminal justice system: Man robbed CTA passenger while on probation for his fourth robbery conviction, prosecutors say

As you read further into the story, you find he was on probation for a previous robbery he committed while on probation for a previous robbery and violating probation. In other words -- he was on probation for committing a robbery while on probation for committing a robbery and violating his previous probation.

How many chances does one person get before it's evident he needs to be removed from civil society until he learns to cool his jets?

Old 02-19-2024, 09:59 AM

2,341 posts, read 2,950,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
drro, thank you for checking in, my friend.

That incident took place while I was on a first date. I was introducing a Cicero lady to Lincoln Square for their Apple Fest.... Afterwards, we were going to check out Little Bar in Norwood Park.... We were just north of Super Dawg when we heard 2 shots. In all my travels I personally never heard gunshots, and certainly nothing of concern in the Norwood Park neighborhood!

I called 9-1-1 as soon as I saw the man run onto the sidewalk, and pulled into the parking lot of the gas station, where he sat on boxes of windshield wash.

It was a warm night, so I had on a t-shirt. I took it off and applied it as a tourniquet on his left arm. I could see blood spurting with each heartbeat and his blood went down both of my arms.... I never witnessed anything like this, but I knew I had to stay calm and keep him calm!.... When the medics came, they took over.... And then I started looking for the bullet casings. Police were on the scene and asked if I was an Undercover

I then went to Little Bar and bought everyone in there a round of drinks, and I said: Tonight, we celebrate LIFE!
Master Jay, thank you for sharing. Did you ever find out if the person getting shot at fully recovered afterwards? Hopefully you recovered well from this tragic experience too.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:10 AM

4,672 posts, read 3,323,797 times
drro, Good morning.

I tried to look into the outcome, but was not able to get any information. He was shot in the left arm, and also on the left side of his body.

I myself am fine, and I appreciate you asking. My ex-wife is a nurse, and I would tell her that I can NOT stand the sight of blood.

But in the case that I was involved in, I was on an adrenaline high to quickly help him, so that seeing the blood come out of him, or his blood going down my arms just did not impact me in any way.... A couple glasses of wine probably helped calm me down when it was all over. And I have been fine with the ordeal since.

Old 02-20-2024, 09:20 AM

2,206 posts, read 1,884,471 times
Quote:
Because a) a lot of these schools are vipers' dens that NEED police supervision; and b) maybe kids will stop getting shot and killed steps outside their school doors if there's a police presence on-site... like Senn used to have until they decided to get rid the school resource officer.

Meanwhile, another victory for equitable policing: Mayor Johnson to end ShotSpotter deal after summer, making good on key campaign promise
What's becoming sadly more evident as I've lived here and gotten to know people with kids.

People with some means or kids who are very smart go to Lane Tech, or a few other specific schools. The rest of CPS, even in very nice neighborhoods, it's pretty rough. Senn, for example is one of the most beautiful schools you will ever see - just gorgeous, and it's right in the Andersonville neighborhood, surrounded by very wealthy properties....yet, the kids that go there, and the people that they are associated with, are kind of "left behind" while the elites/highly smart go to Lane, etc.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
What's becoming sadly more evident as I've lived here and gotten to know people with kids.

People with some means or kids who are very smart go to Lane Tech, or a few other specific schools. The rest of CPS, even in very nice neighborhoods, it's pretty rough. Senn, for example is one of the most beautiful schools you will ever see - just gorgeous, and it's right in the Andersonville neighborhood, surrounded by very wealthy properties....yet, the kids that go there, and the people that they are associated with, are kind of "left behind" while the elites/highly smart go to Lane, etc.
73% of the kids in that school are considered poor. Poor kids have always gotten poor education. That's just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago