Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,873,399 times

Advertisements

I give that guy 3-6 months before he mysteriously vanishes or is found shot dead in some kind of drug deal gone bad or robbery. I don't think CPD is pleased to see one of their own dead and no suspect in custody. Things have a way of working themselves out. The only thing that was proved not there was his car, not him. His girlfriend is in custody for beating the crap out of one of the witnesses against him who recanted their testimony. He looked pretty scared walking out of jail and for good reason. His days are numbered. I think the world is better off without the likes of guys like this anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Wow. I think I've found a new candidate for my ignore list.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 10,574 times
I live in EGP...but east of California. I was able to buy a Single Family Home for $270K...totally rehabbed. I don't know many places in the city where you can get a price like that. I like that I am so close to UK Village & the west loop. Sure...my neighbors are section 8 but I am nice to them and pay them respect and in turn they watch out for us.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:29 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,873,399 times
Default just east of california

You must be just east of California as EGP ends at rockwell (2600w). Not all sec8 renters are as nice as your neighbors.

When did you buy your SFH for 270K? Also, what street are you on? Madison has some pretty open areas as do some other streets while others have new condos.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,574 times
I am right by California and Lake....right by the EL. There are all empty lots on my street...There are only 3 houses on my whole street (lake). We have owned the house for less than a year...with the plan to stay for at least 10 years. We have moved a lot in the last few years...so we were ready to stay put for the long haul.

We like it cause the house has a loft feel (exposed brick & ducts) but its a SFH. Plus, my husband is a DJ so we can be loud there with no problems. Our neighbors are always drunk and yelling outside...but I really don't care...as long as they stay out of my business...I don't like neighbors complaining about every last thing. I lived in a condo previous to this and it was a nightmare. Never again will I own with that many people.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
You must be just east of California as EGP ends at rockwell (2600w)...
East Garfield Park the neighborhood ends at California. East Garfield Park the community area ends at Rockwell.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goral View Post
...What do you guys think of Madison and Damon? I've driven past Madison and Western and things really take a turn for the worse...
This neighborhood is called the Near West Side.

And it is Damen not Damon.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkV View Post
...Union Park is really nice, and the area seems pretty diverse overall. Also, if you work near downtown, it's extremely convenient. (I've actually heard it's considered the far West Loop over there.)...
Nope. It is in the Near West Side neighborhood.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:07 AM

7 posts, read 27,295 times
Default Opinions on West Loop - United Center area

I've been looking for apartments lately and came across a nice unit near Damen & Warren. Just wondering what your opinions are about that neighborhood. I've done a search but most threads related to the United Center are about suburbanites commuting. I've also searched the everyblock crime data, but as many have said before you take that with a grain of salt. Any input is much appreciated, as I have some concerns about the safety of the area.

Last edited by Tonitz; 04-18-2009 at 10:32 AM..

Old 04-18-2009, 10:24 AM

29 posts, read 47,208 times
I would like to hear people's thoughts on this area as well. It seems to have some potential and is very affordable right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago