Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 PM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioobag View Post

AND MY FAVORITE:
You know what, I would take these images over the sweltering heat you get 9 months in Florida. I was in Illinois last winter in the below zero weather and layered up properly, to the point where I was wearing a sweatshirt when it was in the 20's, and after living in FL for the past 10 years! What would you rather have, some cold 4-6 months out of the year with pleasant variation throught the rest of the year, or tropic, humid, heat 9 months out of the year? The beautiful FL weather everyone talks about is only nice when the rest of the country is in deep freeze and it happens to be only in the 70's in the wintertime in FL, other than that, you sweat your a-- off amidst hot and bothered people in the sunshine state. Take it from experience...which is why I'm moving back in a couple years.

Last edited by ngrome; 07-15-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
You know what, I would take these images over the sweltering heat you get 9 months in Florida. I was in Illinois last winter in the below zero weather and layered up properly, to the point where I was wearing a sweatshirt when it was in the 20's, and after living in FL for the past 10 years! What would you rather have, some cold 4-6 months out of the year with pleasant variation throught the rest of the year, or tropic, humid, heat 9 months out of the year? The beautiful FL weather everyone talks about is only nice when the rest of the country is in deep freeze and it happens to be only in the 70's in the wintertime in FL, other than that, you sweat your a-- off amidst hot and bothered people in the sunshine state. Take if from experience...which is why I'm moving back in a couple years.

Is it like NC weather? I was in NC during the summer and oh man!! 95 degrees with 100% humidity. It was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can dress for winter, I have a hard time dressing for humidity and heat!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 PM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Is it like NC weather? I was in NC during the summer and oh man!! 95 degrees with 100% humidity. It was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can dress for winter, I have a hard time dressing for humidity and heat!!!!!!!!!!!
I've only been in NC 1-2 times, but I can say that climate is pretty much the same throughout the southeast, maybe a little cooler once you reach the Virginias. You are exactly right, you can dress for the winter, you cannot escape the heat unless you stay indoors and have the AC cranked up. You don't even need the heat on too much in the winters up north, if you dress warmly as well. The only people who like the heat are the ones who kinda like to be scantily clad or are kind of horny because of it...sorry, kinda uncalled for, but made myself laugh, lol.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
I've only been in NC 1-2 times, but I can say that climate is pretty much the same throughout the southeast, maybe a little cooler once you reach the Virginias. You are exactly right, you can dress for the winter, you cannot escape the heat unless you stay indoors and have the AC cranked up. You don't even need the heat on too much in the winters up north, if you dress warmly as well. The only people who like the heat are the ones who kinda like to be scantily clad or are kind of horny because of it...sorry, kinda uncalled for, but made myself laugh, lol.
Dont apologize, made me laugh!!!!!! I hated NC summer, yuck, feeling sweaty and wet all the time, nope did not make me horny. Cold and snow does, gives me even more reason to cuddle up!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:08 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
In Eastern NC that's the case. In Western NC, in the mountains, it's mighty nice.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
In Eastern NC that's the case. In Western NC, in the mountains, it's mighty nice.
Yes, we went to Asheville, loved it there. It was not nearly as hot and humid.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:38 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Yes, we went to Asheville, loved it there. It was not nearly as hot and humid.
And Asheville's not even that high. Get up around Spruce Pine, Boone, Banner Elk, etc, up in the northern part of Western NC and it rarely gets above 85 in the summer. Beautiful summers there.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
And Asheville's not even that high. Get up around Spruce Pine, Boone, Banner Elk, etc, up in the northern part of Western NC and it rarely gets above 85 in the summer. Beautiful summers there.
We just had a family reunion (that I ducked out of) in Beech Mountain in June. All the old folks said it was stunning. Remote mountain cabin with no cell phone service is a bit too Deliverance for me.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:47 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
I'll take that heat any day of the week over the winter. Why? Because the girls wear minimal clothes in the extreme heat.

the Winter will fool you with all those layers on...that must be why fat people prefer winter. That and they easily become overheated in the warm weather. And since they are naturally sweaty, it becomes a real problem in the Summer time.

Since America is getting more and more obese, as a nation, it only makes sense that Winter's popularity will continue to climb.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I'll take that heat any day of the week over the winter. Why? Because the girls wear minimal clothes in the extreme heat.

the Winter will fool you with all those layers on...that must be why fat people prefer winter. That and they easily become overheated in the warm weather. And since they are naturally sweaty, it becomes a real problem in the Summer time.

Since America is getting more and more obese, as a nation, it only makes sense that Winter's popularity will continue to climb.

Well I am by no means fat, and I do rock a bikini in summer. Having said that, Istill hate the heat, and love the cold ( mostly for generating heat )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago