Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:22 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,188,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Actually, that place is really good! Forgot about it....
Any other Andean restaurants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM

240 posts, read 465,600 times
Ate at Between Peruvian Cafe a couple months ago. Thought it was really good. Not sure if it qualifies as Andean, but geographically it's at least close enough?

Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,519,800 times
I used to eat at these restaurants, before I moved here. But ever since I came here there are just too many amazing local restaurants to eat at. Red Robin would be the last one on my list go to.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,310,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgMichael View Post
Ate at Between Peruvian Cafe a couple months ago. Thought it was really good. Not sure if it qualifies as Andean, but geographically it's at least close enough?
I'm a fan of Ay Ay Picante myself. Perhaps the fact that it's in my neck of the woods makes me partial to it.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 AM

3,646 posts, read 8,324,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Culver's, Red Robin, Golden Corral, and Steak N Shake - all nice restaurants, yet none are in the city! Why do they not setup restaurants in the city? I hate that I have to drive to the suburbs just to eat at these places!

Any other nice restaurants not in the city but in the suburbs?

Joe's Crab Shack closed down their only city location maybe in 2009?

I've only been there once but Culvers is just...............

BTW: Golden corral will not make it in Chicago. (maybe the suburbs but even that.....)

Old 11-11-2012, 12:19 PM

955 posts, read 1,836,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
I've only been there once but Culvers is just...............

BTW: Golden corral will not make it in Chicago. (maybe the suburbs but even that.....)
The GC's that I have visited out here in 'burbia are usually packed, sometimes including wait times. Kids love this place and the fare is pretty respectable for a buffet. If you don't like to rub elbows with Walmart nation then this place isn't for you.

People watching at GC is unmatched. You'll likely see Larry the cable guy and his family dining next to a table full of robed Muslims. Both being served by Guatamalan immigrants of course.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,218,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
People watching at GC is unmatched. You'll likely see Larry the cable guy and his family dining next to a table full of robed Muslims. Both being served by Guatamalan immigrants of course.
I haven't been to a GC in 15 or 20 years, but you just made me want to go to one.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,218,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
According to a quick google maps search they appear to be all over the outer suburbs (Waukegan, Elgin, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Joliet, Merrillville, Schererville, etc.), so I'd say they're "making it" there.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,143,948 times
Quote:
The GC's that I have visited out here in 'burbia are usually packed, sometimes including wait times. Kids love this place and the fare is pretty respectable for a buffet. If you don't like to rub elbows with Walmart nation then this place isn't for you.

Speaking of buffets (in the city) Anyone tried Red Apple Buffet? Was it any good? It came up in a Yelp search for Polish food (Been looking for a great Dill Pickle Soup) but looks like theres more than just Polish on the menu.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 PM

3,646 posts, read 8,324,195 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
According to a quick google maps search they appear to be all over the outer suburbs (Waukegan, Elgin, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Joliet, Merrillville, Schererville, etc.), so I'd say they're "making it" there.
Wait, when did Golden Corral come to Illinois??

I thought it was only a Southern Thing?? I always thought Old Country Buffet was more common thats why I said GC wouldn't catch on.

But yeah, GC is pretty decent for its price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago