Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:38 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
On gangs. Giuliani did it in NYC and it was a huge success for the city. It might also be good to start giving out more free condoms and birth control so these little sociopaths don't reproduce as much and continue the cycle.
Many people may not like this, but keeping abortion legal also helps.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Many people may not like this, but keeping abortion legal also helps.
Of course it does. An otherwise aborted child is more likely to grow up to commit crimes than a child who was never considered being aborted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
smh ok man.
What an insightful argument.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:11 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Of course it does. An otherwise aborted child is more likely to grow up to commit crimes than a child who was never considered being aborted.

What an insightful argument.
Thanks I am glad you like me.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:01 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Out of control in what sense?
Is it out of control in the gang infested neighborhoods riddled with crime, drugs , prostitution and all the things that society and moral folks look down on.
Yes

If your in a safe neighborhood minding your own business , not causing any trouble, more than likely trouble wont find you

Not drunk and being or saying things that may offend people, no trouble wont find you

The poster who mentioned its in pockets seems to be on the money

They do say most crimes are committed by someone or people they know

Yeah Chicago has some probls with crime in areas but just be smart and stay away.

Anyone cruising around k town at 1am is looking for trouble

Old 07-30-2011, 08:02 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Grand Idea, but would they use the damn things , probably not

Old 07-30-2011, 10:59 PM

491 posts, read 1,121,482 times
I don't know if the crime is out of control...but after a day spent riding the El, walking along the lake and walking down Clark I would say the "do uche baginess" is out of control.

The youths are out in full force this summer, whooping it up, shouting, refusing to get out of the way when walking twelve abreast, harassing people, dancing like mentally challenged people on the El (most likely high)...

It's just scary that so many people, even young people, are so ****ing dumb.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:18 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWalk View Post
I don't know if the crime is out of control...but after a day spent riding the El, walking along the lake and walking down Clark I would say the "do uche baginess" is out of control.

The youths are out in full force this summer, whooping it up, shouting, refusing to get out of the way when walking twelve abreast, harassing people, dancing like mentally challenged people on the El (most likely high)...

It's scary that people are commenting on young people being young people, out having fun and harming nobody else in a topic that should be filled with discussions on people being murdered, shot, stabbed, mugged, beaten, or raped.

I could see how the lines get blurred though once you run out of other relatively normal, harmless things to complain about like "shouting" and "walking abreast" of one another in comparison. Lock them up, all of them.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:11 AM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:

I agree with this. I'm always finding myself griping about people who appear to be absolutely clueless about what constitutes proper public manners and decorum. This may not be anywhere near as serious a problem as rampant crime, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:13 AM

491 posts, read 1,121,482 times
This isn't "young people having fun." It's "young men getting a vicarious thrill trying to intimidate those around them," and since they walk around in groups of 12 with gym shorts or whatever the **** it is tied around their heads without shirts and tatoos all over yelling obscenitites and basically announcing to the world that they are losers, they largely succeed.

I had to watch what I would guess, from the way he was dressed and carrying himself, was a gangbanger in his early 30s gangbanger breakdance and make eyes at my girlfriend on the El while we are on the way to dinner.

I guess that's how you roll when you don't have the requisite IQ to get a job at Home Depot or CVS.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
This isn't "young people having fun." It's "young men getting a vicarious thrill trying to intimidate those around them," and since they walk around in groups of 12 with gym shorts or whatever the **** it is tied around their heads without shirts and tatoos all over yelling obscenitites and basically announcing to the world that they are losers, they largely succeed.

I had to watch what I would guess, from the way he was dressed and carrying himself, was a gangbanger in his early 30s gangbanger breakdance and make eyes at my girlfriend on the El while we are on the way to dinner.

I guess that's how you roll when you don't have the requisite IQ to get a job at Home Depot or CVS.
How dare he look at your girl. Doesn't he know that only you're allowed to look at her!

Seriously though, if he's dumb and a loser then why do you care if he LOOKS at your girl? Are you afraid he's gonna steal her from you with his magic eyes or something?

Let me tell you something I don't like about gangbangers. The way they're so territorial and macho is pretty annoying.

Last edited by urza216; 07-31-2011 at 12:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago