Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
If criminals were just worthless pieces of trash then there would be nothing wrong with cruel and unusual punishment.
Agreed. However, calling someone a name on an internet forum is just that, calling someone a name on an internet forum. No one condoned cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 PM

427 posts, read 463,308 times
"You appear to be a grandstander living out an Eminem fantasy."

Post of the year.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett View Post
"You appear to be a grandstander living out an Eminem fantasy."

Post of the year.
You've only been on this forum for a month.

Welcome to our forum, by the way!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 PM

427 posts, read 463,308 times
Quote:
You've only been on this forum for a month.
I am sure the quote will defeat all challengers in the next 11 months.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Yes, it was. Great book. I highly recommend it.

Arguably the drop in crime in New York City had nothing to do with Giuliani's zero tolerance policing but the legality of abortion. And that it was a generation of a criminals that were never born. Crime was dropping in cities all across the county at the time.

By the way, I was raised better than to refer to human beings as "human garbage". Everyone has dreams, aspirations, thoughts, feelings, worth and value. You guys can continue on with jerking each other off talking about the wonderful police forces and the worthless pieces of garbage they protect you from.. I'm finally out of here and I'll leave you guys alone. ;-)

Hitler thought people were human garbage too... I think lynch mobs used a slightly different term though.
So why don't you go realize yours, instead of making laughably sanctimonious posts on here?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
So why don't you go realize yours, instead of making laughably sanctimonious posts on here?
Who the hell are you? Seriously.. considering your location and number of posts, how do I not recognize your screen name? What section do you usually post in? Not Chicago or Chicago Suburbs..

With all the hate I'm apparently getting on City-Data now, maybe I'll FINALLY get a little bit of recognition on that other forum that starts with a T, has a P and ends with an X.

Last edited by urza216; 08-01-2011 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
If LINK and Welfare and SSI was done away with, crime would sky rocket. For one, people who used to be completely law abiding would start stealing money to buy food.. I know the last place I wanna be today on the first of the month is a grocery store. Never again, lol. Lines all the way to the back of the store and almost every single person with a cart packed full of groceries.

It’s only mooching because they’re not being paid enough money to provide for themselves. A part time job working for minimum wage might let you pull in about 600 bucks a month. Rent is about 600 bucks a month at best.
Oh, boo hoo hoo. If one finds oneself in that situation, then one needs to take a look at how they got there, and then figure out what they need to do to better themselves.

I came from a disadvantaged background, and so did plenty of others I knew as a kid, and we all found ways to make something of ourselves without resorting to crime and whatnot. It isn't necessarily easy, but it can be done -- one just needs to man up and do what's necessary.

Even in a bad economy, plenty of people find ways to succeed in life. Get some motivation and take the initiative and just do it.

And BTW, programs like LINK and Welfare should be used as temporary assistance until you find a way to get back on your feet, not something you depend on for generations.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:24 AM

90 posts, read 246,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Oh, boo hoo hoo. If one finds oneself in that situation, then one needs to take a look at how they got there, and then figure out what they need to do to better themselves.

I came from a disadvantaged background, and so did plenty of others I knew as a kid, and we all found ways to make something of ourselves without resorting to crime and whatnot. It isn't necessarily easy, but it can be done -- one just needs to man up and do what's necessary.

Even in a bad economy, plenty of people find ways to succeed in life. Get some motivation and take the initiative and just do it.

And BTW, programs like LINK and Welfare should be used as temporary assistance until you find a way to get back on your feet, not something you depend on for generations.
Another good point. It seems that the topic of this thread has changed, but that could be for the better. Mabey someone who's high up their on the political ladder will read this and do something.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Maybe Chicago's crime rate is so high because its one of the most, if not THE most corrupt city in the nation.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 AM

588 posts, read 1,800,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Maybe Chicago's crime rate is so high because its one of the most, if not THE most corrupt city in the nation.
Sorry, but this is a swing and a miss. The corruption that is spoken of is usually higher economic white collar crimes. Usually in how contracts are awarded or how jobs are given. Often times those in lower economics benefit from this because the Politicians are trying to buy votes from a segment or area of society. More summer jobs on the tax dollar go into a poorer area or a contract is awarded to a "disadvantaged" company or contractor. Trust me, the Politicians are getting their kickbacks, but others are benefiting from it too. Though I believe Daley is a criminal, him and his family are not doing flash mobs, snatching iPhones and doing drivebys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago