Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:13 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,826,410 times

Advertisements

New Trier remains what it has always been: an outstanding high school.

There is, however, one significant disadvantage it faces, perhaps more so than any of its peer high schools:

Age. I'm talking Winnetka campus, of course, not Northfield. NT is a hodgepodge of buildings from various periods throughout the 20th century. Much of it is very old. The result is that the type of layout and infrastructure needed for technologically rich programs like the sciences are lacking. Its physical plant is geared to an earlier simplier time.

NT Twp seeks to rectify the problem and the planning process is well along the way. It weighed various options like tearng down NT Winnetka and rebuilding on the site to making imrovements and additions to the site to, I believe, even considerng going back to having NTE and NTW separate high schools. The economy, of course, will affect any decision making.

Due to its age, New Trier as a physical plant can't really compete with a school like Stevenson. Of course, in offering a high school education of top quality, NT is more than competitive.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,263 times
Default Wilmette resident

Wilmette is a great place to live and raise kids. I grew up in an apartment in Wilmette and my parents financially were just scraping by. I went to the best schools and was far more prepared for college than many of my peers. It is a beautiful place and all the garbage about how it will ruin your kids must come from someone who isn't from here because my family had no money, my dad drove my grandparents rusted out junker car and I had a wonderful experience. It is a matter of how you raise and parent your kids that matters. I made great lifelong friends who came from very wealthy familes but were kind, smart and not at all snobby. You will find bad seeds everywhere you go. Parent well and your children will thrive! I moved back to Wilmette 3+ years ago to raise my kids and afford them all the opportunites that I had and more!!
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs