Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:17 PM

333 posts, read 1,150,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
I suspect promis1 would favor a law outlawing liberals in Oak Park.
That could definately lower crime- maybe the town would become a little tougher on outsiders, rather than embracing west side trash into their schools and parks. What saps these liberals are!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,988,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
That could definately lower crime- maybe the town would become a little tougher on outsiders, rather than embracing west side trash into their schools and parks. What saps these liberals are!
Yeah, once all those pesky libruls done get run out of town, we can pass a law banning blacks from Oak Park. That'll solve all our problems. </sarcasm>

Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 PM

333 posts, read 1,150,825 times
Quote:
Yeah, once all those pesky libruls done get run out of town, we can pass a law banning blacks from Oak Park. That'll solve all our problems. </sarcasm>
Just wondering the % of crimes committed in Oak Park by blacks. I would love to see the stat but my guess is over 90%. Sarcastic or not, the reality is that if the west side trash was not welcome to this town, crime would be significantly lower. Think about that.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Just wondering the % of crimes committed in Oak Park by blacks. I would love to see the stat but my guess is over 90%. Sarcastic or not, the reality is that if the west side trash was not welcome to this town, crime would be significantly lower. Think about that.
I don't disagree with your supposition, but how exactly do you prevent the denizens of Austin from entering Oak Park? You can't pass a law banning blacks from Oak Park. What measures would you enact if you were King of Oak Park? Perhaps the OP police could randomly stop African-Americans on the street and beat them senseless? I kinda doubt that would be Constitutional.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,821,526 times
Quote:

West Siders weren't exactly welcome in Oak Oark when West Siders were Irish, Jews and Italians either.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:21 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,821,526 times
Quote:
Perhaps the OP police could randomly stop African-Americans on the street and beat them senseless?

They used to do just that but they couldn't get away with it.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,093,193 times
Quote:
As always the way you interchange 'black' and 'trash' is pretty ignorant and inappropriate. You can claim to be talking only about "ghetto blacks" but your language doesn't seem to support that claim.

Anyhow, the model you outline doesn't work. I saw this in the early 80s. If people try to shut out blacks, then some middle-class black families will move in anyhow. Then there would be some racial tension, maybe some small flare-ups or riots, but things will eventually calm down. Then some more blacks will brave it and move in, then all of the tough conservatives would begin to flee. The town would then either turn all black, or the effete white liberals would move in and try build the community back up based on a different model.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,886,156 times
Quote:
I don't think the "west side trash" you speak of is really welcomed by many in Oak Park. But unfortunately, building a wall with armed checkpoints isn't really an option. And the cul-de-sacs and six-inch curbs only do so much...

Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM

288 posts, read 853,403 times
Quote:
River Forest=Oak Park- same soft, liberal mentality. Whats even funnier, is those white guilt, rich people who voted for Obama in River Forest, who obviously are Upper Class, are going to get their liberal butts taxed big time by the Barack Administration. Suckers!!!
Let's see . . . being liberal means taxes means sucker. You are one deep thinker, aren't you? Name calling is about all you can pull out of your hat.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihynes View Post
Let's see . . . being liberal means taxes means sucker. You are one deep thinker, aren't you? Name calling is about all you can pull out of your hat.
Pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs