Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,084,758 times

Advertisements

I based my opinion on the fact that you referred to mixed race people as ****** a few posts back. I take that as a more honest indicator of how you would view a marriage tainted by Mestizo blood.

I don't begrudge your views on homosexuality, black people, Mexicans, etc. but your characterization of liberals and your neat compartmentalization of anyone who disagrees with you is facile and shows how far you really are from reality. Your constant self-congratulation and delusions of grandeur are also kind of weird, like you are original or special because of your bravery and honesty while everyone else just lies to themselves. If someone explains to you why this isn't that case, that they don't think what you think they do on certain subjects, etc. there is never a coherent reply or recognition of their response. In any case, a lot of people think like you. It is nothing special or original.

You even get a lot of support on this forum but give absolutely no slack to anyone else's views who aren't 95% aligned with yours -- it's a mystery to me why Humboldt thinks you're so marginalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
What is ignorant about reality? I already stated that I wish Humboldt1 the best of luck with this relationship, as I am sure the woman is a fine lady with strong values. I base this opinion on Humboldts values that I have seen portrayed on these threads. So stop baiting Humboldt against me you troublemaking LIBERAL! It is funny, but that is all you people can do when you are called out by others. And whether or not you agree with my beliefs, you should respect that i am one of the few on these threads that truly speak the truth- no sugarcoating for the PC crowd.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,880,054 times
Default Promis and this forum

I understand where promis is coming from. Most people where I am from have similar views. My parents fully support my relationship (they are meeting her for the first time this weekend, 4 hour drive each way for us), but my father 15 years ago said he was okay with a mixed race relationship (he was talking black and white) but I needed to understand that not everyone would be so understanding and that there would be additional challenges.

I don't think promis is saying so much that we are not allowed to marry outside of our race but need to understand that not everyone will be so understanding.

They also make a good point about our President as he was essentially raised by white people but forgets that Michelle's side served as the stability as a young man that he never had growing up. He gained strength from both his biological white side and his black in-laws. For this reason, I do believe our President is truly bi-racial and you can look at his cabinet for proof of this. He is certainly not a puppet of people like Al Franken or Jesse Jackson, Sr, but is certainly more in tune with black america than Bush. I did not vote for Obama, btw, but give him props for trying to look at both sides on issues. My girlfriend voted for Obama, btw, even serving on some committees to help elect him.

We have discussed that if we have kids they will know they are both Mexican and white. My guess is they will end up being yuppified Mexicans. The first son is to be named Javier Arturo ***** (My Swiss last name). We haven't come up with girl names but I would not be surprised if they are Latin.

Promis,

Are you against an Asian man marrying a white woman and having kids? Just have to ask to clarify for others on this forum. I have a white male cousin who married a girl from Cambodia and they have been married happily for 10 years and have 2 beautiful mixed daughters.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,084,758 times
Right, promis1 was just warning you that not everyone is so accepting

Good for you on marriage. Being a Latin American of European descent (and married to one also), I'll forewarn you that if you want to raise the kids bilingual it is much nicer in the city (or a more liberal suburb like Oak Park or Evanston). People really are exposed to more types of people in these areas and less willing to make assumptions about you based on superficial appearances. I would have really been annoyed by this comment ten years ago or so, but I am amazed to see how wrong I was.

My wife, though whiter than most Americans, is often mistaken for the nanny when we're in the western suburbs, and people ask me things like "what am I" and stare at us when we speak spanish. The kids mimic my kids in really exaggerated ways.

Do I blame them in some deep sense and am I bitter? No, of course not. They're not bad people; they just haven't seen much beyond their own world. But when you're chasing around toddlers and exhausted it gets a little annoying to have to always be stared at and have to explain yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I understand where promis is coming from. Most people where I am from have similar views. My parents fully support my relationship (they are meeting her for the first time this weekend, 4 hour drive each way for us), but my father 15 years ago said he was okay with a mixed race relationship (he was talking black and white) but I needed to understand that not everyone would be so understanding and that there would be additional challenges.

I don't think promis is saying so much that we are not allowed to marry outside of our race but need to understand that not everyone will be so understanding.

They also make a good point about our President as he was essentially raised by white people but forgets that Michelle's side served as the stability as a young man that he never had growing up. He gained strength from both his biological white side and his black in-laws. For this reason, I do believe our President is truly bi-racial and you can look at his cabinet for proof of this. He is certainly not a puppet of people like Al Franken or Jesse Jackson, Sr, but is certainly more in tune with black america than Bush. I did not vote for Obama, btw, but give him props for trying to look at both sides on issues. My girlfriend voted for Obama, btw, even serving on some committees to help elect him.

We have discussed that if we have kids they will know they are both Mexican and white. My guess is they will end up being yuppified Mexicans. The first son is to be named Javier Arturo ***** (My Swiss last name). We haven't come up with girl names but I would not be surprised if they are Latin.

Promis,

Are you against an Asian man marrying a white woman and having kids? Just have to ask to clarify for others on this forum. I have a white male cousin who married a girl from Cambodia and they have been married happily for 10 years and have 2 beautiful mixed daughters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs