Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:30 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Uhh...because a Camaro is cheaper, has the exact same engine, makes the same amount of power, and can easily and more cheaply be made to go fast than a Corvette? I'm not a big fan of those pop up headlights on the C5 anyway.

Yes, but after you do all those mods, you are still left with a Camaro.
Like our friend from Alaska use to say, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig".
As for your dislike of the pop up headlights, I would venture a guess you are in the minority on that issue.
Bob.,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Yes, but after you do all those mods, you are still left with a Camaro.
Like our friend from Alaska use to say, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig".
As for your dislike of the pop up headlights, I would venture a guess you are in the minority on that issue.
Bob.,
Not really, when I owned a 'vette, I hung out with other 'vette owners. NOONE lamented the change from pop-ups to the C6 style lights.

That said, I loved my WS.6 for the looks, although the C5 was a much better car, the WS.6 looked plenty good. The one thing it didn't do plenty well was handle. No-way was it near the 'vette in handling. Acceleration, sure.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,969,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Not really, when I owned a 'vette, I hung out with other 'vette owners. NOONE lamented the change from pop-ups to the C6 style lights.

That said, I loved my WS.6 for the looks, although the C5 was a much better car, the WS.6 looked plenty good. The one thing it didn't do plenty well was handle. No-way was it near the 'vette in handling. Acceleration, sure.
So you in your circle of Vette owner friends no one did, but the general public sure did. The C6 saw a huge increase in Covette purchasers, mainly because they did away with those awful gawdy old school pop up headlights. They are not missed.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:47 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,289,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
So you in your circle of Vette owner friends no one did, but the general public sure did. The C6 saw a huge increase in Covette purchasers, mainly because they did away with those awful gawdy old school pop up headlights. They are not missed.
Not really true, there's been many years with pop up headlights that out sold the C6. 2007 was a good year for production, but 76 through 84 had higher sales than even 2007. Also, the C5 years saw good sales with 2002 seeing 35,767 units produced.

Great to be on the negative trash talking bandwagon though.

Chevrolet Corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,969,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Not really true, there's been many years with pop up headlights that out sold the C6. 2007 was a good year for production, but 76 through 84 had higher sales than even 2007. Also, the C5 years saw good sales with 2002 seeing 35,767 units produced.

Great to be on the negative trash talking bandwagon though.

Chevrolet Corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You've just proven my point. The pop up headlights were a very dated and old feeling styling addition to the Corvette. What was popular in the 1970's and 1980's was not popular in the 1990's early 2000's when the Corvette sales really began to slump.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:02 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,091,823 times
Pop up headlights had their day in the 80's and early 90's. They make a car look dated, which is why a lot of Vette owners swap the popups for fixed headlights.

Corvette C5 97-04 Fixed C5-R Style Headlight Pair

Stealth Light Cannon V3 Headlights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC