Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

I tried to find a 71 Challenger similar to mine ...but no WAY was my car THIS nice ......

YouTube - My Car Collection Dodge Challenger RT 1971
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
This is my 68 Camaro. I want a new convertible to match her.

What do you think of the new 2010 Camaro ?-2008-heights-car-show-142.jpg

Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
This is my 68 Camaro. I want a new convertible to match her.

Attachment 66686
Oh.. she's awesome.. I saw a convertible for sale...

Old 08-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Oh.. she's awesome.. I saw a convertible for sale...
Thanks. I like her. She is fun to drive. Just a cruiser and nothing special but special to me. I only take her out when I can drive her w/ the top down . I like the convertibles.

DH found a 69 Firebird for sale this week that is numbers matching but the paint color is not the original. Good daily driver and runs really well with a clean interior that has been redone where needed. In really good shape but she isn't a "show car". The guy was only asking $10K. Not bad but the original color is not one of the "hot colors" and the car didn't have all of the options to pull in the higher dollars. Still a good car for someone that just wanted to have a Gen 1 Camaro. Guy said he had several people come by to look at it and get upset telling the guy it was not a "show car". Well DUH! If it was it would be going for more than $10K.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
I don't care for black wheels on cars (Ford has one on their website in a video for the 2011 Mustang V6) as they always seem to look like they've got brake dust on them, lol.
Same here. I have actually seen people paint their wheels black . Reminds me of old beaters with missing hubcaps.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
I'd get a used C6 Corvette if it was my money. But I think the new Maro looks sweet, gets my attention every time I see one. I can't say so much for the Mustang, a dime a dozen. The '11 GT is impresive, it will be fun to see what Chevrolet does to compete. The new 6.4 SRT8 is going to be interesting as well in the Charger. I heart American muscle!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,354 times
For anybody thinking about purchasing the new Camaro, does it bother you that it was built on your tax dollars? Would it affect your decision to purchase?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:25 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
For anybody thinking about purchasing the new Camaro, does it bother you that it was built on your tax dollars? Would it affect your decision to purchase?
not really I drive something because I like it or it has features that I like and look that I love. that being said I still would not get a new camaro when you can pick-up a nice Z06 C5 or C6 Z-51 corvette and cobra 03-04 terminator mustangs for less the the MSRP of a 5th gen camaro SS but that is just my opinion.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Nope. I'm just paying myself back. The news just reported that GM's sales are up and they are getting ready to open up two more plants and start selling stock to pay back the debt. Buying their cars and products gets and keeps jobs HERE where we SOOOOOOO need them. Puts more money back into OUR economy as well. This country NEEDS them to be profitable and they can only do that by selling cars.

I'll buy a car or product because I can afford it and I want/need it.

I've got 4 GM products in my garage right now and that does not include the commercial trucks we have that are GM.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:07 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Thanks. I like her. She is fun to drive. Just a cruiser and nothing special but special to me. I only take her out when I can drive her w/ the top down . I like the convertibles.

DH found a 69 Firebird for sale this week that is numbers matching but the paint color is not the original. Good daily driver and runs really well with a clean interior that has been redone where needed. In really good shape but she isn't a "show car". The guy was only asking $10K. Not bad but the original color is not one of the "hot colors" and the car didn't have all of the options to pull in the higher dollars. Still a good car for someone that just wanted to have a Gen 1 Camaro. Guy said he had several people come by to look at it and get upset telling the guy it was not a "show car". Well DUH! If it was it would be going for more than $10K.

What color is it now and what was the original color? Any word on what engine is in it? Oh, for someone wanting only a Gen 1 camaro, this would out class it! But then I am very biased toward the Firebird!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC