Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
post pics of your 69!!!! please!?
I owned that car years ago and my boyfriend ( yes, I am a girl ) ruined it by putting a 350 in it and not doing a great job of it.
It was towed ( He convinced me to let him buy it at an cheap price ) and he never went down to claim it so the tow yard owned it after 30 days. I never got pictures of it but it still stays with me to this day . No defense on his part , He was a big drunk. ( to this day I won't go out with guys that drink heavy )

Please don't throw rocks at me because thats a sore subject losing my 69..

Yea, girls like cool cars too

I later owned a 71 Dodge Challenger with a 440 in it. I sold that dirt cheap. It was lime green. ( not my fav color, lol ) But fun to race with a White Challenger back then.

Sorry for the awful pics I found for this car. When I saw the Camaro at Rite Aid I thought it was futuristic and thats why I posted here to get opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 04:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I was at the Rite Aid store and saw a guy pull up in a brand new 2010 Camaro . What do you think of this Camaro ?

in my opinion it is in the close but no cigar catagory. while it does emulate the 69 camaro, it does it in a rather ugly manner. it looks like they started with the 69 camaro, then chopped the top, and shortened up the trunk too much. and while i dont hate the taillights, i dont really like them either. all in all if they had made the top about 2 inches higher, and the trunk about 3-4 inches longer, they would really have had something there. as it is, it is third place in a group of three classic pony cars, a distant third.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:07 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
I'll take a 2010 Camaro ZL575 in a heartbeat.

Would love to have it in a convertible as well.
DH wants to get a fully loaded convertible as soon as we can order one. Every option available will be on it and if he can do the ZL575 on a convertible he will.

Problem is trying to decide what color. For sure it will probably be red but then do I want it w/ red interior and white top to match my 68 Camaro or red w/ black top and interior. Decisions, decisions.

Now, if only I could get him to sell the 69 Mustang Mach I Fastback CJ..... and he finally got open to getting rid of it

Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 PM

What do you think of the new 2010 Camaro ?-69-camaro-pics-001.jpg

I think the 2010 still has the long look of the first gen. Sure it is more futuristic looking but I can deal with that. I like that evil grin on the front of it.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:18 PM

For those that might want to compare a 69 Camaro and a 69 Mustang.......

What do you think of the new 2010 Camaro ?-finished-new-garage-2009-011.jpg

What do you think of the new 2010 Camaro ?-finished-new-garage-2009-016.jpg

And, yes, the Mustang IS for sale

Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'll take a 2010 Camaro ZL575 in a heartbeat.

Would love to have it in a convertible as well.
DH wants to get a fully loaded convertible as soon as we can order one. Every option available will be on it and if he can do the ZL575 on a convertible he will.

Problem is trying to decide what color. For sure it will probably be red but then do I want it w/ red interior and white top to match my 68 Camaro or red w/ black top and interior. Decisions, decisions.

Now, if only I could get him to sell the 69 Mustang Mach I Fastback CJ..... and he finally got open to getting rid of it
I like the saleen SMS 570 dodge challenger

YouTube - First Test: 2010 SMS 570 Challenger

The brand new name Saleen company, SMS Limited, showed off their very first production vehicle here at the 2009 New York Auto Show - the SMS 570 Challenger. Based on the Dodge Challenger R/T, the SMS 570 Challenger features an SMS Red Butterfly Induction hood and other SMS ultra-high performance elements like an upgraded drivetrain, suspension, aerodynamics, tires, wheels and interior.
SMS will offer the car in two trim-levels including the SMS 570 Challenger and SMS 570X Challenger. Power outputs come in at 500-hp for the SMS 570 Challenger and 700-hp for the SMS 570X Challenger.
Pricing starts at $64,870 for the SMS 570 Challenger and $84,970 for the SMS 570X Challenger. Both models will carry a bumper-to-bumper factory warranty.

info from: http://blog.leasetrader.com/archive/...hallenger.aspx

Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
For those that might want to compare a 69 Camaro and a 69 Mustang.......

Attachment 66670

Attachment 66671

And, yes, the Mustang IS for sale

But it's the better looking car! Even if it is white!

As for the ugly new camaro, it's very ugly! Inside of it is possibly the worst car I've ever set in. To say I think the only reason it has sold is the camaro loyalist who wanted the nameplate back on a car would buy anything to have that name on the showroom floor.

Last edited by 12GO; 08-12-2010 at 01:36 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 09:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
But it's the better looking car! Even if it is white!

As for the ugly new camaro, it's very ugly! Inside of it is possibly the worst car I've ever set in. To say I think the only reason it has sold is the camaro loyalist who wanted the nameplate back on a car would buy anything to have that name on the showroom floor.
I would say that is not the reason the "new" GTO porved that by not selling very many and only going on 3 year in production before GM pulled the plug.

the camaro has sold pretty well so far and people are still buying them and aloy of the V6 models are owned by younger people who never owned a camaro before.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:09 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

Please don't throw rocks at me because thats a sore subject losing my 69..

Yea, girls like cool cars too
Sorry for the awful pics I found for this car. When I saw the Camaro at Rite Aid I thought it was futuristic and thats why I posted here to get opinions.
i'm sorry you lost it, that would kill me if i obtained a beautiful car like that and lost it.

i haven't done it yet, but i'm very much planning on having a late 60's model mustang in my garage.

and who says girls can't love cool cars? thats like saying a gay guy can't be a mechanic...pure bull****

Old 08-12-2010, 11:49 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
i'm sorry you lost it, that would kill me if i obtained a beautiful car like that and lost it.

i haven't done it yet, but i'm very much planning on having a late 60's model mustang in my garage.

and who says girls can't love cool cars? thats like saying a gay guy can't be a mechanic...pure bull****
Thanks. This is close to what she looked like....
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think of the new 2010 Camaro ?-camaro69.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC