Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 03:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I was at the Rite Aid store and saw a guy pull up in a brand new 2010 Camaro . What do you think of this Camaro ?

1. Dodge did it better.

2. Butt and I mean butt, ugly.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
I'm sort of neutral on the 2010 Camaro, they look sharp and Chevrolet did a good job on the retro look, but nothing can beat a classic Camaro from the 1960s.

I've owned 2 Camaros in the past, a 1977 for a short period of time, and a 1979 Z-28. The 1979 had the 350 engine in it, but it didn't really have the muscle of the Camaro 10 years earlier. Besides that, I started hearing rod bearing noise at about 75,000 miles, so I got rid of it in late 1984.

Here's a picture of the Z-28 taken in late 1982, with my girlfriend at the time.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
the only first gen Firebirds or T/A I liked was the 69 with the 400 HO it was awsome and looked like a downsized version of the 1970 GTO.
I would love a 69 T/A with a 400 ram air III and a manual four on the floor with a hurst shifter

Nothing like the 69 Firebird for great looks. Oh, they were the "lets see if it will sell" front end to lead the 70 GTO's nose design. That is why many of us always called the 69 Firebird a 7/8 scale 70 GTO with a chome center nose. But the view that was best? Those beautiful 69 Firebird taillights, of course the chevy guys hated seeing them ahead of them so often! lol

Of course here's my opinion of the 69 Firebird I am building in post #4;
https://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...-2800-a-3.html

Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Wow, that is definitely a beautiful and a very rare Camaro.
What Magnum Mike said !

Old 10-22-2010, 03:01 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,380,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I think it looks like a clay model...
Yea, it does, doesn't it. We just bought a V-6 Camaro. GM didn't spend too much time on extra ascetics, but my 77½ Z-28 was very plain, too. As for the new one, it's a 6-speed with a very tight reverse shifter, and sitting in it feels like looking out of a military vehicle. The trunk is small and the interior decorative lights are distracting. Otherwise, the exterior is beautiful! I applaud Chevy for doing a semi-retro modern car that doesn't look like an influence from psychoactive drugs. It's not utilitarian, it's for looks. It's hard to see to back up, and you can't see a car passing you until he's right beside you since the seat sits low and the door is high. In other words, at 6'4", I can hardly see out of the windows, but there's plenty of front leg room. But, only Mini-Me could sit in the back seat. Anyway, it is a work of art to look at.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:05 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,531,852 times
Gotta go V-8 or nothing. Its a muscle car. Camaro is fantastic they did a great job!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 AM

456 posts, read 1,122,275 times
I LOVE the new camaro. With that said though, let me get started with the reality of the car. I have driven the car and it doesn't feel like a "sports" car. I rented one in Florida and after a few hours my back really hurt. You also can't see out of the car. I went with a Challenger R/T instead- it was a lot more expensive but the car moves, looks amazing, and has a lot more room (I have also owned it for 1k miles and the check engine light is on but we'll look past that...!)

Old 10-24-2010, 09:17 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,339,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
Yea, it does, doesn't it. We just bought a V-6 Camaro. GM didn't spend too much time on extra ascetics, but my 77½ Z-28 was very plain, too. As for the new one, it's a 6-speed with a very tight reverse shifter, and sitting in it feels like looking out of a military vehicle. The trunk is small and the interior decorative lights are distracting. Otherwise, the exterior is beautiful! I applaud Chevy for doing a semi-retro modern car that doesn't look like an influence from psychoactive drugs. It's not utilitarian, it's for looks. It's hard to see to back up, and you can't see a car passing you until he's right beside you since the seat sits low and the door is high. In other words, at 6'4", I can hardly see out of the windows, but there's plenty of front leg room. But, only Mini-Me could sit in the back seat. Anyway, it is a work of art to look at.
Well to be honest, I was talking of that specific picture, which was of a clay model. ...I was just trying to be a smart arse, hehe.

It's not the most extreme of designs though, I'll agree with that.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,631,657 times
I have read a lot of people complain about the "rear visibility," but I think maybe they just don't know how to drive or perhaps they're 7 feet tall. I last drove a Celica, what did you last drive? A minivan? I don't get the complaints. The visibility is BETTER than my Celica, it's very easy to see out of the car, haha, unless you're used to or comparing it to a minivan or an SUV with up and down vertical windows, I really don't see what the complaint is? Again, I can only assume these people just can't drive who make that complaint. Or they're trying to find something wrong that isn't. I've never had any issues with that.

I could have bought any car I wanted in that type of price range, and I chose the Camaro because it was the fastest, best looking car in the range. I am not impressed with the Mustang, no. Even if it cost $15,000 more to supercharge my car and make sure it beats the 2011 Mustang, it would still be worth it because the Mustang is just not a great looking car. It's good looking, it's better than a Honda Civic, I mean it certainly isn't mediocre. But I can't get EXCITED over it. I don't see it and go YES I want that car so bad. Whereas for the Camaro it's just unbelievably gorgeous. I have had the picture of the thing on my desktop all year, even before I bought the car, and even after buying it I still kept the picture because I love looking at it. For my money, it's better looking than a lot of cars priced above it, frankly.

And, it being a Camaro, you can do a lot to it if you want better performance. It has amazing performance already, it drives like a dream, it corners well, it glides along the road, it's very quiet surprisingly inside, and it handles much better than Ford's rather sloppily built assembly. Read any real review comparing these cars and you won't find much love for the Mustang. Maybe they finally fixed a lot of these problems with the 2011, but the 2010 certainly wasn't that well built of a car. To each their own, but I think the Camaro is a far better car in every respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC