Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times

Advertisements

Hi CLTKing! I'm glad to hear this from another resident. I was going to post something in our forum, but now I don't have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,698,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Hi CLTKing! I'm glad to hear this from another resident. I was going to post something in our forum, but now I don't have to.
This morning when I was driving to work on Steele Creek Rd, I noticed that I had a Continental 737 on my left, and a USAirways A320 on my right, both landing, how cool is that!! I love the new runway. It will bring less congestion to our airport and wonderful views of the planes as they land, and the best part, no noise at all in my part of Berewick.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,071 times
I took my son to an open day at the Charlotte Arts college (he wants to be a chef-he thinks!) and it was scary to see how frequently the plains were taking off at around 10 in the morning. There must have been ls than a minutes gap between each one. And that's without the new runway open.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,083 times
Default airport new runway noise

I live on the first street on the left past On The Run store going towards the airport. The planes fly directly over my house so low that it scares me. Yes, the noise has definitely increased. They flyover about every 10 minutes. I can sit in my family room and see everyone that passes.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kperry1022 View Post
I live on the first street on the left past On The Run store going towards the airport. The planes fly directly over my house so low that it scares me. Yes, the noise has definitely increased. They flyover about every 10 minutes. I can sit in my family room and see everyone that passes.
you ought to moon them

Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 AM

239 posts, read 877,539 times
Our house was in one of the landing flight paths- traffic has decreased sooo much! On some days when the weather wasnt so great, we'd have a plane fly directly over every 60-90 seconds for 1/2 of the day! We love seeing the planes, and we're an airline family, but its nice 2 have a little peace and quiet when the windows are open on a Sat or Sun morning, lol... !

Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I am in S. CLT and planes go over my house regularly - but most make very little (if any) noise. We enjoy them. Even our dog seems to enjoy watching them. Seems to me since the new runway opened, we are actually in less of a flight pattern than we were before. Like today - haven't heard a single airplane. Kinda miss it when I don't - makes me feel all is right with the world - folks taking off and landing from other parts of the country. Of course, if it made the house shake, I might feel differently, lol.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 8,528 times
Default Noise and Pollution

There has been an increase in both noise pollution and air pollution in my community of Regent Park. Is there anything we can do?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 PM

108 posts, read 119,364 times
The Charlotte airport is 9th in the world for the number of landings and take offs. Additionally, U.S. Air has over 500 flights a day not counting other airlines. Could be worse, you could live next to a railroad track. Unfortunately, this was something that should have probably been looked into prior to deciding on where to move. I sometimes see over a dozen planes in the air at once. Good job security for air traffic controllers.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 PM

6 posts, read 25,690 times
I live in Berewick and have not had an issue with the airport noise. I enjoy standing on my backyard patio and watching the planes right before they land. At times, the neighborhood is so quiet that if I listen closely I'll hear my next door neighbor's conversation. I lived in NY, where you can almost touch a train if you stick your hand out the window. I also lived in Miami, where all you hear is loud Cubans talking about politics and cars beaping there horns because nobody can drive. If you hear a plane just pop in your favorite CD, turn up your radio and be happy to live in such a welcoming, friendly and growing city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte