Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:25 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,915,008 times

Advertisements

NC research campus in Kannapolis is mostly nutrition/biotech oriented, and I have no clue what actual research is done at URP, but I'm guessing it has nothing to do with energy. My concern is that there are no strong research institutions with an energy-related focus in the region to help get this off the ground. Hate to say it, but at this point it sounds like nothing more than just a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 02:46 PM

40 posts, read 95,365 times
Default Waxhaw Area Research Park: 7/20/09 Update

Dear friends,

While it may seem that the buzz about the Waxhaw Area Research Park project is dying down, I want to assure you that the effort is still underway, albeit in a little bit less visible way. There are currently three areas of work being pursued that are mostly behind the scenes.

Presentation : A small but growing and dedicated team of Waxhaw residents is currently researching various aspects of the Waxhaw region and the proposed Waxhaw Area Research Park as they work towards preparing a robust and compelling argument in support of this project to be presented at the stakeholder summit. This effort would enhance the work that will be done by DPZ on the site concept plans. Some of the elements that are being explored are the demographics of the Waxhaw region and western Union County, demonstrating the value of the transportation infrastructure that is already in place as well as what additional infrastructure would be required and/or beneficial, and the unique advantages of working with our South Carolina neighbors on this project.

Documenting Stakeholder Interest : Stakeholders of all varieties are being approached and are responding with letters of interest in the project. There is some discussion about drafting a petition for Waxhaw residents to sign in support of the project as a means of simplifying the process for all concerned. Interested stakeholders outside of Waxhaw’s municipal boundaries, along with those who could be active participants in the Park are encouraged to submit their letters of interest under separate cover. The most recent letter received is from Chris Estes, owner and principal of Estes Design, Inc., an environmental design and consulting firm currently located in Marvin in which he states that this type of campus would be attractive as a potential location for his growing firm. Estes Design is exactly the type of firm that would be a perfect fit for the Waxhaw Area Research Park

Circle of Champions : Efforts of this magnitude and significance gain strength and credibility when endorsed and supported by persons of standing in their field and/or community whose experience, expertise and networks can inform the effort. As such, I have begun pursuing individuals of the above description to join the WARP Circle of Champions. Examples of the types of individuals that I will be looking for are an attorney, CPA, commercial real estate broker, banker, financial investor, economic development professional, urban planning professional, etc. To date, members include:
Mr. Frank Rogers – Local Business Owner (NAPA) and UCPP Board Member
Mr. Roy Sansbury – Local Realtor/Business Owner (Farms & Estates)

If you know or someone you know are interested in getting involved in or supporting this effort, please contact me at mayor@waxhaw.com or 704-843-2195 x27.

Best,

Daune Gardner
Mayor of Waxhaw

PO Box 6
Waxhaw, NC 28173
704-843-2195 (Town Hall)
704-843-5040 (Business)
mayor@waxhaw.com
Town of Waxhaw, NC -- Welcome to Our Town

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 AM

116 posts, read 256,747 times
Anybody knows if this is still an on-going effort?
I'd love to see this effort coming to fruition, a research park would be beneficial for everybody.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM

985 posts, read 1,906,385 times
you could try emailing or calling and asking
it sounds interesting

Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 AM

15 posts, read 27,004 times
I would suggest contacting the Mayor of Waxhaw to see if anything has changed. The Edenmoor property is tentatively under contract, not sure where is stands with the new "owner" as they have a lot of clean up to do as well as paying the bondholders before things can move forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte