Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 AM

24 posts, read 52,417 times

Advertisements

We saw Millbridge and we loved it !My Husband and I are looking forward to going back there. PLease remember some of these posts are personal preferences and opinions go with your gut. Good luck. Go Steelers!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

14 posts, read 45,198 times
some posts are advice not just opinions... take advise that berry said and look at lawson... but there are many many other places to look at also.. that millbridge has way too big of a build out 1500 homes.. you might be stuck there . the poster south charlotte has realtor under there name and says its gonna be 10 years till done.. seems like it might take longer as there may only be 70 or so done. + or - . do your home work.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:38 PM

293 posts, read 958,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponmoving View Post
some posts are advice not just opinions... take advise that berry said and look at lawson... but there are many many other places to look at also.. that millbridge has way too big of a build out 1500 homes.. you might be stuck there . the poster south charlotte has realtor under there name and says its gonna be 10 years till done.. seems like it might take longer as there may only be 70 or so done. + or - . do your home work.

Some people are "stuck" even in established communities since they paid too much and will be a long time before they break even. I got a good price for my home, and in a great location, so I'm not worried. If you plan on being here, and you like the community, go for it.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottebound09 View Post
We saw Millbridge and we loved it !My Husband and I are looking forward to going back there. PLease remember some of these posts are personal preferences and opinions go with your gut. Good luck. Go Steelers!

Exactly, go with your gut! DM me if you have any questions about Millbridge.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:25 PM

14 posts, read 45,198 times
I was wrong not 1500 its 2200 houses .
It also seems that centex has the majority of lots with the lowest price point.. but millbridge web site says from the 240's centex says from the 220's and I can see all builders reducing there bottom prices in the future to try to get some buyers..
http://www.millbridgenc.com/index.php?s=home&p=home

Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponmoving View Post
I was wrong not 1500 its 2200 houses .
It also seems that centex has the majority of lots with the lowest price point.. but millbridge web site says from the 240's centex says from the 220's and I can see all builders reducing there bottom prices in the future to try to get some buyers..
Millbridge - Waxhaw, NC
I agree with you Keep I also think they should talk to the people that live in Prescot as I have a few friends in there, it is so sad, and now their HOA dues are doubling now to 1000 a year...that is insane, and these people have no recourse..and the saddest thing is they love the neighborhood and their neighbors but if they had to sell right now they wont be able too and there are alot of homes there...with that being said..

the bottom line is anyone who bought in certain area;s in 05, 06 and 07 paid too much...it is all relevant especially when location is what matters...also to the original poster...check out The Chimney's of Marvin as we came close recently to buying there, and if we could we would...as we love this area...they are starting now at 344k and if u look at some of the other builders in Waxhaw they will be comprable...and they are also 1/2 built already as they have sold 142 homes and they are slated to have 283...again dont know your price range...with any new development and depending on what one does for a living, there is no crystal ball and with so many people possibly going to loose thier jobs and this weak economy u want to make sure u will be able to sell in the very near future...if can stick it out then go for it..

Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 AM

983 posts, read 2,541,131 times
If location doesn't really matter, just return on investment in the next 3-5 years, would you buy in Waxhow or Cornelius.. I guess my real question is North vs South

Old 01-22-2009, 09:03 AM

15 posts, read 46,252 times
The HOA dues in Millbridge are doubling to $1,000 a year in 2009?

Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Fisher View Post

No....supposedly Prescot, don't know why that was mentioned in the Millbridge thread though

Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Fisher View Post
No prescot's dues are doubling from their original dues..they will be 1000.00 a year..it was mentioned because if something should happen in millbridge or any other new community for that matter, dues will go up depending on how many homes are built and how many homes will be sold..I know some communites that reduced their HOA fees if they were high as they got closer to the amount of homes that are close to being finished, or enough to cover the expenses...also with any new community, and Prescot the developer and builder went bankrupt..and left those poor people without telling them anything....I would hate to think that people would say never my neighborhood...this economy is scary for everyone....yes people will eventually buy but if someone thinks they are ammune to this resession think again...if one can buy now go for it, as I dont think it will be like this again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte