Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,626 times

Advertisements

Hi-

Thinking of buying a house in Millbridge in Waxhaw. If anyone lives there do you smell the treatment plant and are the gunshots an annoyance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 AM

6 posts, read 20,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydays123 View Post
Hi-

Thinking of buying a house in Millbridge in Waxhaw. If anyone lives there do you smell the treatment plant and are the gunshots an annoyance?
I live around the corner from Millbridge and walk through their often. I have 3 friends that live in Millbridge and my co-worker has a lovely home being built right now. She introduced me to some long time home owners and none of us have smelled a thing.
As for the shooting range across the street. It is there and you hear them target shooting for while and then you don't. More and more homes are going in. The noise sounds have been muted and I would guess that they will continue to do so as more homes absorb sound.

We have our home listed and will be buying at Ryland or Bonterra. We prefer the home site size and privacy that Ryland offers, but we are still deciding. Ryland seems to have better designs for an affordable price. We were there about a week or so ago. They are selling. Few communities have this much growth.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 AM

6 posts, read 20,969 times
Quote from another member, "let me say its NOT a sewer plant its a Water Treatment Plant which is why it shouldnt smell in the 1st place...Im just relating what the outcome was... I dont disagree that the taxpayers should pay for this as it isnt their responsiblity since they didnt ask for it kwim? Our friends love living in cureton and quellin and wouldnt move due to the plant and it is a personal preference..."

Cureton and quellin are much closer to the water treatment facility. The smell isn't enough to deter most people. Many, many people rushed to buy there. The odor is being handled and planned for, but you would be safe of smell at Millbridge. Knock on doors and ask. They are super friendly there and often outside with their kids or walking their dogs.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 AM

223 posts, read 531,884 times
I thought Millbridge was part of acreage that was foreclosed on this year??????

Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 8,073 times
I've been in Millbridge (Bonterra section off Waxhaw Marvin Road) for almost a year and never had any issues with the water treatment plant.

We can hear the gun range, but it's barely noticable.

It's a terrific neighborhood and we absolutely love it there.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM

422 posts, read 1,366,384 times
I believe the developer was foreclosed but bought out BB&T... so.. thats a good thing..

Old 09-23-2009, 05:41 PM

120 posts, read 238,045 times
i would not buy near any type of water treatment plant only because if and when u do go to sell,,, it will b an issue on the sale of the house...play it safe...there is a nieghborhood called the reserve located on crane rd and newtown rd it is in the best school district and is priced right..they also have very big home lots that double the size of what millbrige and cureton and lawson offer...u get more bang for your buck in the reserve.....good luck on what ever u choose

Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM

21 posts, read 59,069 times
Always go to a home or neighborhood when you are not invited. I dont mean knock on the door, I mean go see what the seller or realtor dont want you to see or hear or smell. Never base such a large investment on what smells good on a Tuesday afternoon.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:26 PM

554 posts, read 1,508,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEOPLESCHAMP View Post
i would not buy near any type of water treatment plant only because if and when u do go to sell,,, it will b an issue on the sale of the house...play it safe...there is a nieghborhood called the reserve located on crane rd and newtown rd it is in the best school district and is priced right..they also have very big home lots that double the size of what millbrige and cureton and lawson offer...u get more bang for your buck in the reserve.....good luck on what ever u choose
If you're talking about the Chimneys at Marvin Reserve or Estates they are much more expensive than the Ryland Homes in Millbridge.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
If you're talking about the Chimneys at Marvin Reserve or Estates they are much more expensive than the Ryland Homes in Millbridge.
That's a really old post, but I would say it's referring to "The Reserve" - just fooled us with capitalization problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte